Quiet and Convenient!
Off-Season: 3-day minimum, flexible scheduling
In-season: 7-day minimum Sunday rental (to beat Saturday traffic)
(see booking schedule for specifics)
With the Albemarle Sound in sight, Sound Skies is just a few steps through the pines to a quiet walk, maybe with your dog, on the sound-front path. Walk, or hop on one of our bikes, and you are soon on the beach, at one of the resort pools, or working out at the Sports Center. With room for up to 10 people, your family can finish the day enjoying the outdoor hot tub, grilling dinner on the deck, or watching the sunset over the Sound.
Whether you are new to OBX or a long-time visitor, this Sound-side property is close to all Corolla has to offer:
• 30 yards to the walking path along Albemarle Sound
• 5 Blocks from the beach (Shad Street)
• .4 mi. from indoor workout facilities, tennis & swimming at the Sports Center, and chip-n-putt Golf (extra cost)
• .4 mi from outdoor Sound-side Pools
• .5 mi—by bike—to Oceanside Pools and restaurant
Walk, bike, or better yet, put your beach chairs on the back of the Resort Trolley— from Memorial Day to Labor Day—for your day in the sun. Our Trolley stop is right across the street with stops throughout Corolla Light Resort.
We are relatively new owners and are making updates every year to ensure Sound Skies is comfortable and up-to-date.
New for 2019:
New larger Grill and expandable dining table - as our guests in 2018 said: if you sleep 10, you should be able to feed 10!
Outside: remediation for flood control (if you were here n late July/early August 2018, you'd understand :-)
Main Level . . .
Refurnished for 2016—with an updated master bedroom and new master bath; new air conditioning system and fans, and new paint, furnishings and décor. The newly refreshed living areas of the house offer . . .
• Queen Master, with flat screen TV, & en-suite bath with soaking tub
• Living Area with Smart Flat Panel TV (new for 2018)
• Quiet Eagle’s Nest with docking speaker
• Dining Room Seating for 8-10 & 2 at counter
• Decks off Master Bedroom and Dining area
• Wi-Fi, with two hi-speed systems
• All linens and towels included
• New Dishwasher for 2017
• New Refrigerator for 2018
Middle Level . . .
• 2nd Queen Master, with flat screen TV, & en-suite bath
• Two twin bedrooms, one with a trundle bed
• 3rd (shared) full bath
• Den with daybed with a pullout trundle and flat screen TV and
• Laundry with Washer/Dryer & Deep-sink
• Outdoor Hot Tub
• Main Level Master: 1 Queen
• Mid-Level Master: 1 Queen
• Mid-Level Twin: 2 Twins
• Mid-Level Twin: 2 Twins; 1 Trundle
• Mid-Level Den: 1 Twin Daybed; expandable to a double
House Amenities . . .
Fully-equipped kitchen—Microwave, Dishwasher, Coffeemaker, Toaster; free Wi-Fi; 4 Flat panel TV’s—Living Area is Smart TV and all others are ready for your streaming device; hot tub; books, games, puzzles and children’s toys; 6 adult bikes*; grill, beach chairs; high chair; Pack 'N Play; Porch swings.
* Number of bikes is not guaranteed due to wear and tear and misuse.
Pets . . .
Sound Skies is a pet-friendly house.
As many folks know, Corolla beaches are dog-friendly! Dogs (on leash) are welcome on the beach, along the Sound-side path and on the wooded trail in Currituck Banks Reserve, at the northern end of the beach. Sound Skies has a latching deck gate on our mid-level deck for safe and controlled outdoor access and an indoor gate that can be installed at the top of the stairs on the third floor. Corolla asks all pet owners to keep dogs on leash and to clean up after them. There are pet waste stations located along the Sound-side path.
The Resort . . .
If you’ve never been to Corolla Light Resort, we hope you’ll be pleasantly surprised. The wristbands, included for guests, provide access to . . .
• 3 Oceanfront Pools and a baby-pool with on-site restaurant (& pool side service in season)
• Beach area near Oceanside pool complex, offers beach chair and umbrella rentals and is served by Resort restaurant
• 1 Sound-front Pool and a baby pool
• 1 Indoor pool, hot tub, fitness center, tennis & locker rooms at The Sports Center
• Sound-side walking trail and walking/biking path through resort community
• Outdoor basketball and tennis courts
• Par 3 mini-golf (extra cost)
• Memorial to Labor Day Trolley service, easy transportation to beach and pools for your beach gear and you!
• Reduced greens fees at The Currituck Club.
• Exclusive resort summer activities available to all guests.
Corolla Light is a private community that requires guests to wear wristbands and display passes in their vehicles to access community amenities. Sound Skies provides Corolla Light wristbands for ten (10) guests and passes for four (4) vehicles.
The Surrounding Area . . .
Sound Skies is located within walking/biking distance to the Currituck Lighthouse, Historic Whalehead Club, Outer Banks Center for Wildlife Education, beautiful Corolla Park, and historic old-town Corolla with its quaint shopping. Bring your kayak or canoe as Sound Skies’ location, so close to the water, allows you quick and easy access to boating.
We hope you enjoy your stay at Sound Skies and have a wonderful Outer Banks vacation!