Timberland Lodge gives vacationers the retreat, peace, and connection with nature in a luxury home setting and just a few miles from our quaint downtown of Black Mountain, NC - the best of both worlds. This timberframe home is situated on 13.5 acres at 3300-3500 ft elevation, with scenic long range views of the Blue Ridge Mountains in North Carolina. Located in a private neighborhood, guests are only 12-15 minutes from downtown Black Mountain, NC and 25-35 minutes from downtown Asheville, NC.
Guests will receive as welcome gifts locally made hand and body soap, as well as wine.
Two miles from the Lodge, and within the neighborhood itself, is a restaurant, bar, and local live music venue, which is family and dog friendly, equipped with a sand volleyball court, outdoor dining, and some of the best BBQ Nachos you'll ever experience! Being in the WNC mountains, full of amazing songwriters and bands, featured musicians are sure to make your dining experience a magical one. Folks come from all over the country to enjoy this one-of-a-kind restaurant, complete with pasture views of cows, deer and turkey.
This Lodge is also just 35 minutes from Lake Lure and Chimney Rock. Centrally located between Lake Lure and Black Mountain, vacationers have a wealth of small towns and outdoor adventure areas to visit nearby.
This is a rare Lodge for this area, as it has a very luxury yet cozy feel, providing beautiful long range views, and situated between Black Mountain, Lake Lure, and Chimney Rock. It also is only a 25-35 minute drive to Asheville, NC for those looking to visit that area as well.
For those who simply want to spend most of their time at the Lodge, a restaurant/cafe/music venue is located just 2 miles away.
There is no lack of hiking trails, fishing holes, and canoeing/kayaking activity. For those of you who would like a fishing guide, we have a local fishing genius available for your adventure.
The Lodge has a very spacious, yet cozy feel.
All new beds, updated kitchen, updated game room, and absolutely beautiful timberframe architecture. Very large deck with second story.
More about the Lodge:
1. A fully equipped galley kitchen, including dishwasher, stove/oven, microwave, toaster oven, 12 cup coffee pot, and various blenders. All necessary cooking equipment and dish/silverware is provided.
3. Various spices and condiments for cooking are provided as well.
2. A four bedroom house with vaulted timberframe ceilings, large windows providing beautiful sunlight throughout the day. Light blocking curtains are in the bedrooms to provide privacy, and shade for light sensitive sleepers.
3. A living room with leather furniture including a large sectional couch.
4. A dining area, with an eight-person dining table, and extra eating trays.
5. A second floor balcony reading nook and desk with wifi.
6. A third floor den and TV/game room with a three couch seating area and eight person game table.
7. A large outdoor patio seating area with a gas/coal hybrid grill, a cowboy grill including rotisserie, a Lodge cast iron dutch oven, and a fire pit.
8. An outdoor second floor balcony and seating area.
9. A full laundry facility with washer/dryer, and large sink.
Amenities and unique features include:
1. All towels, sheets, blankets, toilet paper, and paper towels are provided for guests.
2. Guests enjoy a fully stocked mini fridge (water, soda, etc.).
3. The Master bedroom has a King size Temperpedic Adjustable Mattress.
4. The other three bedrooms include one Queen size bed, one full bed, and two twin beds.
5. This home includes a master bath, a full size bath, and a one half bath.
6. Wifi/Smart TVs located in the upper living room and lower den.
7. Lastly, a doggie door is located on the first floor, large enough for labrador retrievers and huskies. Also provided are blocks for shorter dogs or older dogs. There is a locking door cover to close off use if desired.
Some features about the area itself:
1. Black Mountain and Asheville both cater to people who have particular food requirements, including organic, vegan, and gluten free options at both grocery stores and restaurants.
2. Multiple hiking trails exist nearby the Lodge property. Trail information as well as local restaurant, shopping and other points of interest are provided in the guest handbook and in our online information for the Black Mountain, Lake Lure, Chimney Rock and Asheville area.
3. A canoe is also available (with deposit & liability waiver) for those of you interested in exploring our mountain waterways and lakes.
Timberland Lodge has a long private gravel driveway providing complete privacy from the main private road. When turning off the main access road, the private gravel road is approximately 2 miles to the Lodge. You enjoy a truly private nature retreat experience, but only two miles from our local restaurant/cafe/music venue, and 12-15 minutes to the town of Black Mountain. Four wheel drive or all wheel drive is recommended.
PET POLICY: We do allow dogs to join the family/friends on the first main floor and lower den area. A pet fee is required. Please use the stairway gate provided to keep dogs off the second floor. No cats are allowed (apologies cat lovers, we love cats too... just not the clean up.)
NO “PARTY” EVENTS/ACTIVITIES: Although we love a good party, this home is not available for loud and/or destructive activities. Our neighborhood is very peaceful and quiet, and must be respected by all of our guests.
We feel this home offers such an amazing experience for our visitors, and tends to relieve stress and tension from the daily grind, as well as offers nourishment, encouragement and insight on how to realize those dreams and endeavors that wish to be fulfilled. So come enjoy a cup of joe on the porch, while overlooking the Blue Ridge Mountain range, and let those dreams fly... into reality. That's what we did... and are still doing... And we'd now like to share that opportunity with others.
Please note: This is Timberland Lodge's first year on the rental market. We invite you to be our first guests and reviewers.