This spacious, well-appointed townhouse is in a quiet, gated community next to the beach. The layout provides privacy and room to spread out, making it ideal for families or groups. The unit has 3 levels, for a total of 1,600 square feet plus 3 private balconies, a covered patio, and a single-car garage. It’s a short walk (100 yards) from the front door to the development’s private beach access. You can usually hear the ocean from the balconies or inside when the sliding glass doors are open. This townhouse includes:
- Master suite on the top floor with king-size bed, bathroom with step-in shower, and a balcony with a slight ocean view.
- Large living room on the middle level with a sleeper sofa, dining room with seating for 6, full-sized kitchen with a breakfast area, half-bathroom, and balconies at each end (facing north and south). The kitchen is fully-equipped and up to date with granite countertops, all the usual appliances, and plenty of cookware, dishes, and utensils. You shouldn’t need to bring anything except food.
- Two bedrooms on the ground floor, each with its own bathroom. One bedroom has a queen-size bed and its own patio. The other has twin beds.
- Laundry room on the ground floor with full-size washer and dryer.
- Large TVs in all 3 bedrooms and in the living room, with cable and Netflix.
- 100 Mbps Internet with solid Wi-Fi coverage throughout.
- 2 beach cruiser bikes, 4 beach towels, 2 beach chairs, 2 beach umbrellas, 2 coolers, and a few boogie boards and beach toys.
- Linens, towels, and soaps.
The development has a nice pool and hot tub that have been recently renovated, and a party room for large gatherings.
Sea Winds is a small development (80 units) in the best part of St. Augustine Beach. It’s about 1.7 miles south of the pier, far enough to be away from the busier part of the beach but close to restaurants and shops. You can walk 15 minutes up the beach to some casual seafood restaurants or drive ½ mile south to the island’s main grocery store.
St. Augustine Beach is a vibrant community with lots to do. The beach is wide with natural dunes, and it has reliable waves and great swimming. When you’re not on the beach, there are lots of good restaurants around. At the pier, there’s a farmers and crafts market on Wednesdays and other outdoor events. You can go to the historic downtown area and see the old fort or take a boat cruise from the marina. Or you can rent your own boat and go fishing or cruising on the Intracoastal Waterway. There’s a well-run Alligator Farm. And there are plenty of golf courses around. It’s a great place to visit any time of year.