Celebrate Christmas Week at Casa Tranquila ! Extra Nights, Extra Value
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:5-7 nights
- Property type:Villa
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:N/A
Whether it’s your 1st or your 31st trip to Manuel Antonio . . . .Casa Tranquila's expert vacation-planning service simplifies all the decisions you’re making right now about your vacation in Costa Rica. Right now, when you reserve Christmas Week, you can extend your Holiday Week at Low Season Rates (see our rates page "notes" . . .or send an inquiry now to ask how).
Through our incredible photos and stellar reviews you will trust in our comfort, prestige and luxury. And Casa Tranquila also provides unparalleled pre-arrival services specifically designed to give you absolute confidence in coming to our tranquil, but Extraordinary Tropical Paradise. Please go directly to our informative website by clicking "Owner Info" just above. You will see the link for the site at the bottom of your screen (maybe with a brief scroll down). You'll learn more about:
• Currency, customs & climate
• Flights, food & fun
• Tours, transports & treasures
• And all the spectacular beaches.
You will be like a Costa Rica Native before you ever arrive. . . and you won’t even have to learn Spanish! I am Donald Corvette, Casa Tranquila’s Owner. I greet you at your door, carry your bags inside and even offer a 12-minute driving tour of Manuel Antonio so you will be comfortable in your new surroundings immediately.
When you look at "Response Rate" to the right of this page, you will see the 100% pride I take in answering every question immediately and the (almost 100) glowing reviews that confirm Casa Tranquila’s extraordinary attention to service. I promise your vacation (and vacation planning) will be in the most experienced hands.
Within our glass walls, Casa Tranquila provides spectacular Pacific Views, extraordinary design and total comfort. Yet it’s our unique guest-assistance strategy that makes us the most-chosen luxury villa in Manuel Antonio.
• FLIGHT assistance: finding you the best fares
• CURRENCY concerns: exchanging money, credit card use, gratuity guidelines
• WELL-BEING information: water, medical, language, childcare
• TOURS & Excursions: advice, web links and reservations
• MEALS: Stocking your fridge, in-villa chef or restaurant selection and reservations
• ARRIVAL: Managing Costa Rica’s airport and duty-free tips
• IMMIGRATION & Customs guidelines: prevent surprises
• TRANSPORTS: Our driver greets you at the airport, delivering you right to Casa Tranquila’s gate
• WEATHER station online: Lets you know the precise weather at Casa Tranquila on your computer . . .prior to your arrival
• WELCOME: I greet you at the gate, introduce you to your home and answer all your questions
• CONFIDENCE: Our 10-years’ experience handles any unlikely challenges in health, travel or safety
• TRANSPORTATION: Car Rental, taxi or shuttle arrangements
• TOURS: Collect you at Casa Tranquila, deliver you to tour, feed you lunch, bring you home
• LOCAL FLAVOR: Familiarization with local markets, shopping, restaurants
• BEACH: Concierge picks you up at Casa Tranquila, delivers you to the beach, provides chairs & umbrellas, serves you all day
• CONCIERGE: Nathan, your BILINGUAL “Right-Hand-Man”, is available 24/7 for all your needs & questions. Telephone, text or in person
• ASSISTANCE with Departure: Transport to airport, airline location, departure tax
• THANK YOU notes from Casa Tranquila: making sure you get home OK
• UPDATES from Casa Tranquila: Ongoing communication to prepare you for your next visit
It is for this attention to detail that Casa Tranquila has proudly won the most highly-regarded honor as "Best Vacation Home in Manuel Antonio" for the last eight consecutive years!
So, whether it's your first adventure in Costa Rica or a return visit, I am looking forward to welcoming you to our Award-Winning Service, World Class Comforts and the Natural Beauty of Casa Tranquila.
Beaches & Bluffs; Excursions & Excitement; Rest & Recreation . . . all at your fingertips.
Complete your inquiry here & now to begin our comprehensive service. After, I’ll immediately send you Casa Tranquila's Insider Tips to Costa Rica as our thank you gift . . .just for asking. Then leave the rest in our experienced hands!
Until we meet,
Donald Corvette, Owner
Nathan Gomez, Concierge
Sombra & Fergus, Our 4-Legged Emissaries
Casa Tranquila's 2015 modernization, conceived by famed Costa Rican architect, Jose Antonio Pinto, cleverly blends indoors with out-. Every window is a view. Every floor is a balcony. Sometimes even Casa Tranquila's family of monkeys doesn't know the difference. We are like no other villa.
Soft colors; Gentle breezes; Open spaces; Cozy bedding; Vaulted ceilings; Chic floors; Bali imagery; Marble baths; Teakwood doors; Distinctive art; Unique ornaments; Modern conveniences. Casa Tranquila is World-Class design.
Manuel Antonio is NOT a beach town. We're a mountain town near the sea. Casa Tranquila is located “above” the beach. (That’s why you will have those stellar views). Thus, our softer temperatures, safer streets and freedom from loud music are all away from the night's beach "element". Fortunately though, the seashore is only a five-minute ride from Casa Tranquila. And when you return home to Casa Tranquila’s pools, you may wonder why you ever left in the first place.
Monkeys dancing on the balconies, toucans singing on the roof, iguanas playing by the pool, sloths resting in the trees . . . our animals come to you at Casa Tranquila. While you will love the National Park Beaches, you won't need any park to see Costa Rica's wildlife: just look out your door.
Until you come to Casa Tranquila, a pool is just a pool. Cresent-shaped, our large crystal-clear pool has a four-foot depth throughout. A second, shallow lounging pool connects for the younger swimmers. Although, with its underwater seats and cocktail rests, it may be preferred by the grown-ups.
Tropical Tan Tip: Since Manuel Antonio is a lush jungle with tall trees, most pools get little sun. Casa Tranquila's pools and decks, however, are sunny all day . . .unless you raise our convenient umbrellas.
Cushioned lounge chairs, pool floats and air jets make you want to stay all day.
An architect who is also a master chef comes in handy when he creates kitchens. Jose is insistent that “his” kitchens are designed for simplicity and function. If you choose villas because you prepare (at least some of) your own meals, read no further and make your reservation now.
YOUR PRIVATE CASITA
As your fourth sleeping suite, Casa Tranquila's new Private Casita offers a Queen bed, extra dining deck over the pool, a bath that's practically in the jungle, and large screen TV (with Netflix and Apple TV). The Casita is separate from the Main Villa, so it's ideal for your Guests who prefer independence. . .or a bit more privacy. And, to accommodate ten guests, we can even prepare the Casita's convertible sofa.
Other villas in Costa Rica are managed by large, impersonal rental agencies. At Casa Tranquila, the owner himself is available 24/7 and lives only two minutes away.
Nathan and I attend your every need ourselves: plan, organize, host and actually welcome you at Casa Tranquila's gate. We even put away your groceries just to familiarize you with all your kitchen has to offer.
And if your plan is “no plan”, we are happy simply to let you chill at your pool.
Nathan has created 40 “Insider Tips” about traveling to Costa Rica. They'll answer your questions about exchanging currency, using cell phones, drinking water and many more. This valuable information has been compiled after years assisting his Guests organize their vacations. Without obligation, this “peace of mind” is yours. Send your Inquiry now to receive it.
So, until we meet at Casa Tranquila, we wish you "Pura Vida": The “Pure Life” of Costa Rica.
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Verify your payment method
Member since: 2007
- 4000 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Catering Available
- Breakfast - Booking Possible
- Lunch - Booking Possible
- Dinner - Booking Possible
- Housekeeper Included
- Daily Maid Service
- Private Chef
- Events Allowed
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Children Welcome:
Bedrooms: 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10, Beds for 8-10
- Large Bamboo Frame King Bed. (1) King Pillows Queen Beds.(3) Bali-Style. Large Pillows Optional (& additional) convertible bed available All with Serta Pillow-Top mattresses All 3 Suites are air conditioned, private baths, televisions 800-count Egyptian Cotton sheets Plasma TVs/DVDs Robes & Sarongs The sounds of crashing waves and feel the ocean breezes lull you to sleep Baby Crib (1) available...moreless
Bathrooms: 4 Bathrooms
- Baths, when you are vacationing in a beach area, can be your most vital room. Since you spend a great deal of time in the shower area, we believe it must be private, comforting and luxurious. Teak Cabinetry Marble & Granite Counters Contemporary Fixtures Luxurious Towels Biology Bath Amenities ...moreless
- Creating your ideal vacation is a source of pride for Casa Tranquila and her Owner, Donald Corvette. His only focus is customizing, organizing and implementing the vacations of his guests. Through preliminary communication, Donald and Nathan (your Personal Concierge) assess your vacation wishes and has your "Costa Rican Experience" planned before you even arrive at Casa Tranquila. Transportation, tours, meals, special needs can all be arranged. After you arrive, your most challenging decision will be which number sunscreen you want to wear today. Your Preference is Our Pleasure at Casa Tranquila. ...moreless
- DVD Player:
- Games For Kids
- Music Library:
- Satellite / Cable:
- Video Library:
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Botanical Garden
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Rain Forests
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Eco Tourism
- Gambling Casinos
- Horseback Riding
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Whale Watching
- Wildlife Viewing
The photographs show the astonishing Views from Casa Tranquila. The rock islands provide amazing depth and perspective, and the Beaches of Manuel Antonio National Park seem touchable at sunset....moreless
- Mountain View
- Near The Ocean
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Basketball Court
- Deepsea Fishing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Jet Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Mountain Climbing
- Pier Fishing
- Rock Climbing
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Surf Fishing
- Water Skiing
- Water Tubing
- Whitewater Rafting
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- Seating for 12 people
- Activities Guide
- Air Conditioning:
- Alarm Clock
- Broadband Access:
- Ceiling Fans
- Clothes Dryer
- Filtered Water
- Free Long Distance:
- Hair Dryer
- ISDN Access
- Iron & Board
- Laundry Soap
- Linens Provided:
- Living Room:
- Local Activities Guide
- Local Maps
- Local Restaurant Guide
- Paper Towels
- Parking Off Street:
- Sofa Bed
- Thermos Bottle
- Toilet Paper
- Towels Provided:
- Washing Machine:
- Water Cooler
- Wireless Internet:
- 4 Ring Stove
- Catering Available:
- Coffee Grinder
- Coffee Maker:
- Cooking Utensils:
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Ice Maker
Modern, Full service kitchens (2) include all the utensils you will need for preparing your own meals Granite Counters Six burner GE gas stove/oven with grill Place settings for 10 dinner guests...moreless
- Lobster Pot
- Mini Refrigerator
- Pantry Items:
- Beach Chairs
- Beach Towels
- Deck / Patio:
- Gated Community
- Large Cooler
- Lawn / Garden
- Outdoor Grill:
- Outdoor Grill Gas
Pool / Spa
- Outdoor Pool
- Housekeeper Included
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
HOLIDAY SEASON 2016
Nov 26 - Dec 16, 2016
7 night min stay
CHRISTMAS 2017 (and 7 nights)
Dec 17 - Dec 28, 2016
7 night min stay
NEW YEAR'S WEEK 2017
Dec 28 - Jan 3, 2017
7 night min stay
HIGH SEASON 2017
Jan 4 - May 6, 2017
7 night min stay
EASTER 2017 (1)
Apr 8 - Apr 14, 2017
7 night min stay
EASTER 2017 (2)
Apr 15 - Apr 21, 2017
7 night min stay
MID SEASON 2017
May 7 - Sep 1, 2017
5 night min stay
GREEN SEASON 2017
Sep 2 - Nov 18, 2017
5 night min stay
My Standard Rate
5 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Refundable Damage Deposit $1,000
- Extra Bed (>8 Guests) $0
* Choose your Seven Night Vacation at Christmas (December 17-28) or New Year's (December 28-January 7). Then, get the rest of that period (1-5 more nights) at a huge discount off the High Season rates . . . . .only $600/night!!
Casa Tranquila is available for the rates shared above. This includes 4100 Prestige square feet on three floors with four (4) private suites, four (4) full baths, two kitchens, two living rooms, and two pools. You will find it perfect for eight (or fewer) Guests.
The Private Casita has a convertible sofa if you have more than eight (8) guests. Its use as a bed limits the space in The Private Casita, and those guests will share a bath. This is recommended primarily for children or those who do not limiting their space or sharing a bathroom with more than two people. This arrangement allows for 10 guests. The fee for the convertible bed is $700/week.
Saturday to Saturday Preferred
50% Required at Contract
50% Required 60 Days Before Arrival
Credit Card (HomeAway/VRBO 6% "User Fee" is Added)
Wire Transfer to Account in Costa Rica
Rates Include All Taxes, Services and Amenities
Owner's cancellation policy:
Policy available by contacting owner when booking
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Car: Not Necessary
Manuel Antonio’s five-mile long main road divides the town into East and West. Casa Tranquila is on the West – or “ocean” -- side of this road. Many homes on the other side have Pacific views, but, because they are far away from the ocean, locals call them “distant blue' vistas. Being on the West, Casa Tranquila offers one of the closest views of the Pacific Ocean anywhere in the area.
Being 150 meters below this main road, Casa Tranquila is, indeed, tranquil.
Yet, the proximity to the road allows you to walk to the beach, excellent restaurants and adventure locations.
*Manuel Antonio National Park (5 minutes)
*SJO International Airport (2.5 hours)
*Beaches (5 minutes)
*Quepos (8 minutes)
*Quepos Airport (15 minutes)
No need for rental car (buses and taxis are abundant and close)
*Main Road (3 minute walk)
* Bus stop (5 minute walk)
*Eight Restaurants within 10 minute walk
Other Activities: Monkeys, ATV's, Jungle tours, Birding, Butterflies, Zip Line Tours, Deep Sea Fishing, Sunset Sails
Year Purchased: 2006
About the owner: I moved to Costa Rica and began Casa Tranquila in April 2006. After years as a National Executive with prestige fashion corporations (Yves Saint Laurent, Chanel, Oscar de la Renta), it was time to begin a new stage in my life, at 50, that did not include the challenges of corporate work. Yet I still wanted to integrate my 20 years' experience within the luxury industry into my new chapter. Together, Nathan and I, along with our two Border Collies, Sombra & Fergus, are proud to provide the confidence, comfort and experience you expect when visiting our little Central American country.
Why the Owner Chose Manuel Antonio, Quepos, Costa Rica:
Casa Tranquila is located on Pacific Canyon. Our lovely little secluded street has the most extraordinary Pacific Views in all Costa Rica. Too, our well-organized home owners' association provides a gated community with its own Security Team for your confidence. I am even the president of the HOA, so you will always have the "right" person's number if you need assistance.
The Unique Benefits at this Villa:
1) PERSONAL SERVICE. Your first and only contact is with Casa Tranquila's Owner himself. There are no agencies in the middle of your adventure. 2) EXPERIENCE: In 10 years, I have had 2000 guests at Casa Tranquila, and when reading our reviews, you will be confident your vacation is in the best of hands. 3) SOMBRA & FERGUS: I know that many of you are leaving your pups at home. When invited, I am happy to bring "my kids" over so you can get all the puppy lovin' you're missing.
- Primary: 828-356-6313 from US (no international code needed)
- Secondary: 011-506-8997-0579 international call
Links to more information:
Towering Views and Alluring Pool
Grand Living area with vaulted ceilings
Wildlife . . . .up close
Enormous Pool (and another for The Kids)
Titi Monkeys . . Dancing on Casa Tranquila's balcony
Touch The Pacific
Your Morning coffee . . .every day
Perfect Views . . .Always
1st Floor Living Romm
Extra Space . . .your Private Casita
Dining for 10
The Favorite spot of all our Friends
Your Tropical Oasis
This listing was first published here in 2007.
Date last modified - Tuesday, December 06, 2016
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM