Located in Beausejour, the Keep Cool Guesthouse Apartment is a comfortable, modern and spacious place (approx. 1000 s.f./93 s.m.) to relax while enjoying the your stay on the beautiful island of St. Lucia. The location is just a few minutes walk from the Darren Sammy Cricket Grounds. We're also conveniently located near three Caribbean beaches, and the popular destinations Rodney Bay Marina, Rodney Bay district, Gros Islet village, and Pigeon Point National Park.
The apartment faces the back garden of the guesthouse, and has plenty of space to comfortably accommodate up to five people. The open floor plan design was created to meet the lifestyle of today's travelers with 11 ft./3.35 mt. high ceilings, contemporary furnishings, multiple electrical outlets for 110 volt, and 220 volt with USB ports, mesh Wifi, cable with movie channels, flat panel TV, and bluetooth speakers. All windows are dual-pane, and have blinds and room darkening curtains (except in the kitchen). There is a ceiling fan in every room, and the bedrooms have air conditioners.
The kitchen has plenty of cabinets and granite counter tops. It is stocked with a full complement of cookware, bakeware, dining ware, glasses and mugs, cutlery, eating utensils, kitchen tools, and storage containers. The appliances include a fridge with ice maker, dishwasher, stove with oven, extractor vent, microwave, toaster oven, coffee maker, tea kettle, blender, mixer and waffle maker.
The bathroom has a tub and shower, and is roomy enough for two people to freely. Taller people will appreciate the goose neck shower arms that provide extra height for the shower head. There is also an iron and ironing board.
One bedroom has a queen sized bed, and the other has bunk beds with a twin over a full size. All beds have waterproof mattress pads. Each room is equipped with table lamps, nightstands or shelves, a closet organizer, a dresser chest and a laundry hamper.
The laundry facilities have a full sized washer and dryer, and a utility sink. There is also space to store your luggage.
The guesthouse can coordinate transportation between the airport or ferry, and the guesthouse. Due to the hillside location, it is recommended that guests rent a vehicle, or we can arrange for taxis. However, for those who are comfortable with a little bit of walking, it's just five minutes to the Beausejour Road where you can catch the 1AB shuttle ($1.50 XCD) to the main road, the Gros Islet Highway. From there, a 1A shuttle bus can be taken to Rodney Bay, Gros Islet, or Castries ($1.50 to $2.50 XCD). If the 1AB shuttle is delayed, it is only a 15 minute walk to the highway. Depending upon a guest's activities, a combination of car rental, taxi, walking, shuttle, and bus should fulfill their transportation needs.
The following are rules and conditions for the rental:
- There is absolutely no smoking of anything allowed anywhere on the property.
- No illegal use or consumption of narcotics, prescription medication, or herbal or chemical agents.
- No underage drinking, or belligerent behavior because of abusive drinking by anyone.
- Underage visitors must be accompanied by their parents or guardian.
- Do not take anything belonging to the guesthouse off premise without permission.
- Weapons are not allowed on the property.
- Any group gatherings or events must be approved by the Keep Cool Guesthouse management. Otherwise, parties, loud music and loud conversations are not permitted.
- Only registered guests may stay past 11 p.m..
- Do not move the furniture.
- Do not burn anything on the property, including candles, incense, paper, hair.
- Do not flush anything down the toilet except for toilet paper, and bodily waste.
- Do not leave open food or drinks laying around.
- There is no daily cleaning service. Guests are required to wash their own dishes and clean up the kitchen after each use, and maintain the rest of the apartment in a manner which will not attract bugs or vermin.
- Electricity is expensive on the island, please turn off the air conditioning when not occupying the bedroom.
- Close windows when departing the room to avoid rain from entering.
- Dispose of trash only in the garbage bins.
- This is a small island, so responses to issues regarding utilities or other services are not available 24 hours a day, and may take more than a day to resolve.
- Although the area is quite developed, you will still hear and see truly free-range yard birds.