A secluded road will lead you through the dense jungle to your personal tropical getaway. This unique home is nestled in the heart of Volcano's Rain forest, with full 360-degree jungle views! This property is a dream for couples or groups of family and friends. You'll cherish the privacy of the location, as well as its convenience, just minutes from Hilo and Volcano National Park. This is a great location for exploring the East side of the Big Island and SAFE DISTANCE FROM VOLCANO & FISSURES.
Master Bedroom: King Bed & Full Daybed & Hammock
Living Room: Full Daybed
Your private property is beautifully decorated, with Bali-inspired accents throughout. In the fully equipped kitchen, you'll find stunning black counter tops and bamboo flooring. Utilize the stainless steel appliances and modern amenities to prepare delicious home-cooked meals during your stay. Gather at the dining room table next to your modern fireplace to enjoy dinner or make plans for your next adventure-filled day. Embrace your color-filled living room that includes a comfortable armchair and a full-sized daybed for sprawling out and enjoying a movie, or to be used for additional sleeping accommodations. And when you're ready to retire for the night, settle into your gorgeous master suite where you'll rest peacefully on a luxurious, hotel quality king-sized mattress with memory foam. Your room features lovely tropical accents and is filled with bright natural light and natural breezes from your private upstairs lanai.
Wake up in the morning and enjoy a cup of coffee on the front porch or spend some time lying in the upstairs lanai hammock with a good book. And after your long day of exploring the nearby beaches and hiking in the Volcano National Forest, return to the house and soak in your private hot tub for a perfect end to a perfect day.
At night you'll be serenaded by the sweet chirping of coqui frogs. And, if you hear rustling trees and grunting sounds, grab your camera - this means a cute family of wild pigs is passing through. As soon as they sense your presence they'll run off, so act quietly and quickly!
Key Residence Features:
- Amenities include a fully equipped kitchen with blender, juicer, rice cooker, gas stove and more. 2 flat-screen cable Smart TVs, free WiFi, private hot tub, electric fireplace/ heater, dehumidifier, space fans, screened-in lanai and more!
- Central location
- Quick access to the main highway
- 25 minutes from Hilo
- 15 minutes from Volcano National Park
- 45 minutes from Black Sands Beach
- 10 minutes to Volcano Village
**IMPORTANT CONSIDERATIONS BEFORE MAKING A RESERVATION**
1. LOCATION: Home is located in the heart of the jungle and partially off grid. You must take a short bumpy dirt road (1-3 minutes) through the forest. Most guests love this part of the trip as you are surrounded by nature and driving literally through the jungle. An SUV or high clearance vehicle is required at this time. 4wd may be required during a heavy rainstorm.
2. BUGS. There are bugs but not a lot. It is a tropical jungle but because it doesn't get super hot in Volcano there are far fewer bugs than you'd expect for a jungle location. You may consider bringing bug repellent just in case (you may need it throughout your island adventures)
3. NOISES. Living mostly off-grid in the jungle may bring its own set of noises. At night throughout the island you will be serenaded by the chirping of coqui frogs. Rustling branches, grunts and squeals means that a family of wild pigs are nearby. They are harmless and most guests love the wild pigs. There are also wild roosters and chickens all over the island. Some guests may be sensitive to the sounds of the island so bring ear plugs if you are. All and all most guests love being serenaded by the amazing sounds of the jungle and sleep peacefully.
All of these aspects are what makes this Rainforest Getaway so special, with an adventurous attitude you will surely enjoy this unique experience of living in the jungle.
Other things to note
Check in: Anytime after 4pm
Check out: Anytime before 10am