Location! Location! And Location! Quick travel to key neighborhoods and landmarks in Seattle and beyond. A 5-minute walk to Light Rail (aka. Subway or Metro) Station. Private room, 2 queen-size beds, with access to common amenities. Stop wasting time in traffic. Start focusing on why you are here!
Clean and private queen room with shared external bathroom (with another room), in the daylight basement of a duplex in a vibrant yet peaceful residential neighborhood: separate entrance, simply layout, shared amenities: spacious and fully equipped kitchen, dinning area, washer/dryer, reserved and street parking, big fenced backyard. Express check-in/check-out. Keyless entry. Fast WiFi. Roku TV. Washer/Dryer. Budget choice for business and casual adventures.
- In the bedroom: 1 Queen bed, 1 Queen-size sofa bed, and a twin-size air mattress (upon request), flat-panel Roku TV with major Comcast cable channels including ESPN, desk and chair, lamps, luggage rack, shelf, hangers, laundry bag, iron and iron board, extra blanket, extension cord, and trash can.
- In the bathroom: hair dryer, toilet paper, shampoo & conditioner, body wash, hand soap, tumbler, bath towels, hand towels, and washcloths.
- Kitchen: dinning set, electric range, oven, fridge, microwave, coffee maker, toaster, electric kettle, cookware, dinnerware, and utensils. Complimentary hot beverages and condiments.
- Closet: spare folding chairs.
- Washer and Dryer.
- ONE reserved parking spot and ample free street parking with time limits (restricted 2 or 4 hours 7am-6pm from Mon-Fri; unrestricted 6pm-7am from Mon-Fri and during weekend).
- Access to outdoor sittings on the balcony deck and in the backyard.
INTERACTION WITH GUESTS
We would like you to enjoy the freedom of a self-service lodging. Although the property is not staffed, assistance is available via phone, text, email, on FaceTime and in person. Your host lives nearby and would be more than happy to answer any questions of yours, big or small. Want to do your own research? The comprehensive travel guide and rental information folder, which will be sent to you along with check-in instructions before arrival, and can also be found in each room, is always a good start. For additional services or requests, please do not hesitate to buzz us.
- The guesthouse is located in the diverse and uprising neighborhood of Brighton, which has benefited from the ongoing development, led by both city and private investors. Come along are convenience and accessibility. One light rail stop away, the hip Columbia City attracts even locals to its endless festive events and cultural initiatives. If you are up for a morning stretch or an afternoon run, Othello Park is too close to say no.
- “…it’s not unusual to find a Vietnamese Buddhist temple on the same block as a West African mosque; an Ethiopian bakery just down the street from an Irish pub; a Cambodian market next to a Filipino Halo-Halo ice cream shop.” – Stacy Solie, Seattle Times (2011).
- Short walking distance (literally 5 minutes) to Othello Light Rail Station and Othello Park.
- 15 minutes drive to downtown Seattle, Bellevue, West Seattle, Renton and Sea-Tac Airport.
- Close to groceries, banks, and restaurants, and on different bus routes.
- Other nearby attractions: Seward Park, Kubota Garden, Lake Washington, Jefferson Park, year-around Rainer Beach warm swimming pool, Columbia City summer farmer's market, oriental King Plaza, organic PCC, libraries, and community centers.
OTHER THINGS TO NOTE
- Fine for lost or damaged keys: $50/key. Guests will be given PIN and combination to enter the house and room. Do NOT share these access codes to anyone except the people registered on the reservation.
- For liability reasons, only visitors with prior approval from the host may enter the premises. Additional overnight guests must be registered and paid.
- The unit (290ft2 or 27m2) currently best serves up to 5 people. Children under 4 years of age stay free of charge in the existing beds. We could work on reasonable pricing for additional guests.
- It’s recommended to use the hairdryers in the bathrooms. Only use the designated and marked outlet in the bedrooms for ironing and/or hairdryers.
- The reserved parking is the driveway in front of the garage. Only ONE on-site parking can be guaranteed for each booking. Additional cars under the same booking need to find street parking and adhere to the local parking restrictions.
- Per request and if available, we can accommodate early check-ins and late check-outs.
- Noise-free room is not guaranteed.
- The fireplace in the room is for decorative purpose only.
HOUSE RULES (Violators are subject to fine and removal from the property)
- Non-smokers only. No alcohol. No drugs or marijuana.
- Quiet hours are 10:00pm-6:00am. It should be kept in mind that the property is located in a residential area and inside the house, there are people staying upstairs. Please refrain from excessive noises, especially when you check in late (after 9pm).
- Family-friendly. No parties or events. Not suitable for pets.
- Check-in: Anytime after 2:00pm. Check-out: By 11:00am.