Overlooking peaceful Haywood Valley, Millstone Mountain Lodge is the perfect location for families, couples, or corporate executive retreats. Perched on a rock cliff with a nearby pond, stream, and waterfall, every season is beautiful at Millstone Mountain! Because of the remote location and access (via an almost mile long gravel drive), an SUV is recommended. Built in 2005, our home includes all the modern luxuries. The fully equipped kitchen includes two ovens, a microwave, gas stove top, refrigerator with in-the-door ice maker and water, granite counter tops, several choices for coffee prep (including Keurig), with coffee provided for your stay. Also, because of the remote location, grocery essentials such as condiments and paper towels, etc. are provided. Local eggs and Florida orange juice will also be stocked in the refrigerator upon request. The dining room seats 8 and the kitchen island seats two. There are four porches, including one private porch off the master bedroom -- beautiful for watching Rome fireworks or the Northwest Georgia Air Show. Each bedroom has it's own private bath with luxurious shower, and the upstairs master bathroom includes a jacuzzi tub. Hair dryers are provided in each bathroom. For the musician, there is a grand piano in the great room. There are two TVs with DVD players, with many movies to choose from, (and access to Chromecast and NetFlix). Our home also includes wifi access. For the avid reader, there are also many books to choose from to read (perhaps sitting in front of the soaring fireplace built by the Cescutti brothers, whose relative also helped construct the Ford Buildings at Berry College). Full sized laundry room is just off the kitchen (see floor plans in photos).
Additional Key Residence Features:
- TWO log burning fireplaces with gas starters (great room and covered porch), gas fireplace in master bedroom, jacuzzi tub in master bath, freestanding outdoor fire pit on a small pond, gas grill, and much more!
- Terrific location in the northwest Georgia foothills, near Rome Georgia and Berry College!
- Easy access to golfing (Stonebridge Golf Course), tennis (Rome Tennis Center at Berry College) swimming, fishing, and kayaking (Rocky Mountain Recreation and Public Fishing Area)!
- Master Bedroom: King-sized Bed
- Bedroom 2: 2 Queen/full-sized Beds
- First Floor (Additional Master) Bedroom 3: California King-sized Bed
- A Queen-sized Pullout Sofa in the great room can accommodate 2 extra guests
- An air mattress can be provided to accommodate 1-2 extra guests
- NO SMOKING
- Dog-friendly with fee (maximum 1 dog allowed, 40-pound weight limit, no cats).
- No events, parties or large gatherings
- Must be at least 25 years old to book
- Home not suited for small children
- Additional fees and taxes may apply