Leave your car and your cares at the marina. Little Gasparilla is accessible only by boat or water taxi. That means our beaches are uncrowded and tourists and traffic are just a mainland memory. If you are looking for a quiet, tropical island to relax and unplug, Little Gasparilla is your dream vacation spot. Our "night life" consists of watching the sun set, see giant sea turtles laying their eggs, and enjoying the stars. The only bar is a sand bar where you can find sand dollars and shells.
Seagrape Escape is a cozy and comfortable beach house on charming Seagrape Lane. Just steps from the bay for easy fishing and kayaking and just a two minute stroll to Little Gasparilla's beautiful private beach. The owners provide use of their kayaks, perfect for exploring the bay, mangrove caves or the sandbar. If you rent a boat during your stay, a free dock slip is also included with your rental.
This home is perfectly situated to offer you the best of Little Gasparilla Island -- both the bay and the beach! Just steps to the dock, so you can walk down and catch fish for dinner . . . or launch one of the FREE KAYAKS and watch a spectacular sunrise over the Bay . . . or just a two minute stroll down Seagrape Lane and you are on our beautiful private beach.
LOTS OF PRIVACY!
The south-facing porch is light and sunny all day and offers the ultimate in privacy . . . views of the bay, the mangroves and lush tropical foliage. . . not your neighbors! The porch makes you feel like your in the tree tops, it overlooks a small fresh-water pond and the bay. There is also a luxurious outdoor shower, everyone's favorite part of island living!
EQUIPPED WITH EVERYTHING YOU NEED!
The home is fully equipped with everything you need to relax and rejuvenate your spirit. This spacious family-friendly home has all the entertainment you will need, from family games, dvd's and an x-box 360, to speakers outside on the screened porch. A large gas grill is conveniently located right off the porch. The home is air-conditioned, offers a full size washer/dryer, ceiling fans, includes all linens, a dishwasher, microwave, toaster oven, coffeemaker, tv, dvd player and stereo system. The home has an open floor plan plus a large screened porch for casual entertaining. It has newer stainless appliances, granite countertops and cool tile floors. You have access to a pantry with condiments and some staples and the home has city water. It even comes with boogie boards, beach chairs, beach umbrellas and rafts! Everything you need for a fun-filled family vacation or relaxing winter getaway is here waiting for you. The third bedroom (not pictured) has a twin bed and a double futon so 6 adults can sleep comfortably. Extra inflatable beds are also provided.
SeaGrape Escape is a pet-friendly cottage with a 2-pet maximum. We assess a non-refundable pet fee of $100 for each pet. We would love to allow you to bring your furry family members with you on vacation but we must be notified in advance if you intend to bring a pet. We provide dog towels to rinse off your furry friend after a fun romp on the beach.
• Use of kayaks, Bikes and limited fishing gear included with your rental
• Beach chairs, rafts and umbrella are included
• Free dock slip. (You must notify us if you wish to bring or rent a boat.)
• Please note we are a non-smoking home
LITTLE GASPARILLA FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS...PLEASE READ!
• You cannot drive your car to the house or the island and the only access is via water taxi; there is no vehicle ferry.
• You must park your car at the marina at the mainland but it will be perfectly safe there; parking is $6 a day.
• The water taxi is $10 per person each way and he will drop you right at our dock. Normal ferry hours are approximately 8-5 every day.
• You must bring all groceries to the island with you.
• There are no stores of any kind on the island, not even a convenience store.
• There is no need to bring drinking water; the water from the tap is safe and drinkable.
• There are first responders on the island and we have 911 service in case of an emergency.
• Golf carts are not necessary - the island is only 100-200 yards wide in most places - but they are fun to go exploring.
• You can fish off the dock or the beach but non-Florida residents will need to purchase a fishing license.
• The beach is dog-friendly but dogs must be under your control, non-aggressive and we do charge a pet fee.
INTERNET: There is no wired internet service on the island. There are a couple options for wifi. Most people just opt to use the mobile hotspots on their smartphones, especially if they have unlimited data or a large data plan. Cell service is excellent and that is the most convenient option...and it seems to work a bit faster. We can provide instructions on hot spotting if you are not familiar. If you do not have a smartphone, we provide a free Verizon jetpack. We urge guests NOT to plan on using the jetpack for entertainment...no streaming music or videos, etc. It is more than adequate for checking emails, etc. Just keep in mind that it is NOT the internet you are used to on the mainland. (It is especially helpful to remind kids and teenagers who are used to umlimited data!) We usually suggest that people download books and movies to their tablets or e-readers BEFORE coming to the island.