This house include a garage that fits 2 cars below teh main floor and as many bycicle as you want. There is also another Hangar to fit a 3rd car.
On teh first floor, you will find a remodelled kitchen with den and large window with view west on Bagneres de Bigorre and pic Montaigu. The kitchen is 'island' type with granite countertop, and fully equipped (gas, induction and electric fires, microwave oven and electric oven, large fridge, dish washer).
Facing south you will find a large dining room and a living room separated by a functional hanging chimney with access to terasse and garden. On the far South east corner is a TV/reading room with 2 sofas. On teh nortehrn side, there is a room with sofa bed (160cm) and a bathroom with shower, bathtub, bidet and single sink. Next to teh kitchen is the storeroom/ wash room with dryer and washing machine plus an extra fridge. A guest WC is on the first floor as well.
On second floor you will find 4 rooms,2 WC and 3 bathrooms. The main room on south side has two single bed (90cm) that can be joined to make a Kingsize bed. The next room has a sofabed in 160cm, the third room has a futton mattress on the floor (160cm) and a single bed (90cm) and teh last room is a kids rooms with 4 beds (90 cm) and a mezzanine used for reading during daytime and than can be converted in a bedroom that can sleep two or three more. Each bathroom has a rain shower, two of them have double sink and the last one a single sink. The room on south has a balcony with view on pyrenees (pic du Midi) and teh two room on west have a very large balcony with view on Bagneres and Montaigu.
The house is at the end of a gravel road about 500meter long and ob top of a hill. You can reach it by road from either Toulouse, Tarbes, pau or Biarritz.
You can sleep 14 person in beds. It is a perfect house for a family or a group of friends/colleague on a ski/hiking/biking trip.
Around Gerde you will find many possible activity:
- Golf 10 minutes away
- Lourdes, pilgrimage town
- Caving with Grotte de Medous and Grotte de Bettaram
- Toulouse, the famous 'pink' town where you will enjoy l'art e vivre' of south west france with exceptional gastronomie, gret architecture and much more
- Saint Bertrand de Cominges, Carcassone and the Cathar castles furtehr east for those found of mediaval architecture and stories...
- Pau, Bayonne, the Landes, for those seeking the sea, large beaches, surfing and basques specialities
- The famous Cols d'aspin and col du tourmalet for those found of biking and lover of the 'Tour de France'
- Gavarnie, the Néouvielle, and may more great hikes in the 'parc National des Pyrénées'. You will find many guides and maps in the house.
- Aquensis and the 'Thermes' de Bagnères for those fond of spas
- La Mongie-Tourmalet, the largest ski resort in the Pyrénees
- many kids attraction, with tree climbing, rafting, birds shows and water parc within 45 minutes of the house.
In the house you will enjoy confort and absolute peace and calm as well as the amazing light in the evening at sunset.