Our apartment is located in the heart of Reykjavik, only few steps from the Main Street Laugavegur, next building is the Kex Hostel where you have ...
- english, Icelandic
Check-in: 1:00 PM
Check-out: 11:00 AM
Minimum age of primary renter:18
Perfect location for walking to all the big spots, excellent space for a large group. Thank you!
See my review on VRBO
See my review on VRBO
1. Good location, close to the main street and walking path. Yes, it’s close to the water but you cannot see it from the apartment.
2. Spacious for a family of four.
3. Good spaces for dining and entertainment, it has two large dining tables and two couches with a huge TV. The PlayStation4 is a nice touch.
1. Lacking amenities. Worst of all is the claim that the room includes parking. BEWARE! If you park in front you must pay for parking. I got a 4000 kr ticket because I didn't know that. The owner later told me there is free parking in the back of the building. This parking lot is always full, there was never an open spot. Even if there was a spot, you would have to walk around the block to get to the building's enterance. In my opinion, the owner should not claim parking is included.
We had a couple other problems with amenities as well. When we arrived, there was no toilet paper or paper kitchen towels/napkins. We had to buy some from the 10-11 store. Also, the TV wouldn’t turn on. A couple days later we figured out it was plugged into a bad outlet.
2. Apartment not ready on time, after 12 hours of travel, landing at 7am, we still couldn’t check in at 1 pm as agreed. This was really frustrating because my wife and children were very tired and wanted to relax. When we did check in, the bedding was in the laundry machine. We had to finish the laundry and make the beds ourselves.
3. Owner not always responsive to messages or emails, some messages didn’t get answered for hours, some never got a reply.
Dear Michael, Thank you for staying with us and I'm sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your stay with us. This is the first time we get bad review like yours. Like I told you when you stayed with us I was on a holiday in Spain with my family and day before your arrival I had issue with my old cleaning team, so I had to get new ones to work for me. I tried my best to teach them what they needed to do over the phone/emails from Spain. I manage over 25 properties so they had a lot to do and learn. I'm very sorry this had to happend day before you arrived.
First I would like to tell our future guests reading your review, that we always have beds maid with clean sheets and towels for our guests, toilet and kitchen paper is also provided, along with soaps and shampoos, coffee, tea etc. We have always checkin on right time and often guests can check in earlier if apartment is ready.
Regarding parking, then this is first time any of our guests gets fine for parking in front of the building, there is big sign before you enter the parking lot in front of the building, with P3 sign and states the hours when you need to pay. All my other guests see the sign and know these spots you need to pay during the day, the fee is very low. We have private parking behind the building that belong to the building, it's not right that they are always full, I park there often my self, sometimes in the evening they are full, but then you can park in front for free. You also don't need to walk around the building when you park behind the building, there is entrance into the building behind the building with the same door code system like in front of the building. But point taken and I will be more clear about parking in the future.
Regarding the toilet paper, you sent me message saying there was no toilet paper, I right away called my new cleaning team and informed them, it was their mistake and I asked them to bring wc paper to you, some minutes later you sent me message that you already bought wc paper in the super market around the corner, so I called them and they were almost there and told them they don't need to, since you bought some. I paid you few min later for the wc paper that you bought and added few $ for the trouble, you didn't mention that in your review. And the TV, I got so many email from you asking about the tv, I tried my best to explain with limited luck, I don't know what bed outlet you are talking about.
The location is was perfect, minute walk to the Main Street, and a great view of the water out front.
The flat is well-located and cozy.It is convenient to get to the city center.The host is friendly and send us to the apartment.
It was awsome. You had everything you needed, and it was very good location. Nice owner as well!