Our tiny camping cabin provides you with a loft for your sleeping bags plus some comforts of home, i.e., bath, a/c, refrigerator, microwave, and coffee pot. The loft accommodates two or you can raise the ladder and sleep on the bottom floor. Also, there is a fire pit and picnic table to sit outside and enjoy the beautiful outdoors. The Ouachita River is 4 minutes from the cabin. Lake Ouachita is 13 minutes and trout fishing is 45 minutes. Onsite kayak rentals and shuttle service if desired. Quiet and peaceful place to vacation for not a lot of money. Book your cabin today. (Please note the pet fee is $10/day per pet) WE HAVE NOW ADDED A BEDROOM FOR YOUR COMFORT !
- Cabin232 sq. ft.
- Half Baths0
- Min Stay2 nights
- Calendar last updated:
- Oct 18, 2018
What makes this Cabin unique
Firewood available for a fee for fire pits upon request.
Check-in: 4:00 PM
Check-out: 11:00 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 14 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 7 days before arrival date.
Loved our stay!
We loved the tiny cabin. Plenty of room for a queen air mattress on floor and it has a queen bed room. The owers are very nice and polite. It rained the two days we were their but we made the best of it!
The Carrs were guests that every property owner would love to rent to. Very friendly, outgoing and polite family who were EXTREMELY neat and tidy in our tiny cabin. The Carr family had three adults and a 4 yr old in our tiny cabin, spending the weekend, with both days being rain-filled and sloppy muddy. When the Carrs left our cabin, it was immaculate. Bed made, trash bagged up, bathroom cleaned, and the little cabin smelled clean and fresh. Thank you Carr family for being 5 star guests! Please come back soon!!!
We couldn't be happier that we chose this cabin!!!
There are so many great things to be said! Not only for the experience or the great cabin, but also for how great it was to meet people like Martha & her family!
Just a few examples of how good these people truly were to us:
1) Originally I booked only a 2-day stay but decided I wanted to book another night right after I paid through the site. I contacted Martha to see what could be done to add one more & she quickly replied & let me know it wasn't a problem & to just let her know which night & we could pay once we got there.
2) When I told her this was a fishing trip for my husband they offered to let us use their flat bottom boat on the river & even got it registered just for us before we arrived.
3) Originally we chose the smaller cabin of the 2 on-site but when we got there Martha gave us the larger cabin at no extra cost (since it wasn't occupied) only because she thought we'd be more comfortable since we had our 100+ lb lab with us! She very easily could have offered it & asked us to pay the difference but she didn't. I could tell it wasn't about money but about making their guests more comfortable. - GREATNESS!!!
4) She was also thoughtful enough to leave a fishing guide & tourism book about the area that we found extremely helpful!
5) Every question I had (& I had a lot!) were answered quickly & in detail.
5) When we arrived her, her son and 2 grandbabies were waiting at the cabin to greet us! My husband really enjoyed talking to her son because he was able to answer fishing questions & let us in on where the best places were to get bait & tackle.
A few things we discovered:
1 - I like to fish & didn't even know it! <--- caught my first large mouth bass!
2 - Our lab is very much a CITY dog! :D
3 - Martha was right, the larger cabin was probably a better fit & we were so grateful!
A few tips to better your stay:
- take your own pots & pans if you plan to cook inside (no stove, but a nice 2 burner hot plate & microwave is provided)
- charcoal grill only - so you'll need to bring what's needed
- take your own hairdryer, toiletries & bath soap - towels are provided
- no TV (which is awesome!) so bring at least a radio! - the area has THE BEST old country stations EVER!!
- didn't have cell service at all (again awesome!) - we're boost mobile - not sure abt any other provider, but just a warning to those that can't live without it.
Cabin was CLEAN, CLEAN, CLEAN, well stocked & very comfortable! Property was WELL maintained & cared for!!
Adorable tiny cabin in a beautiful tranquil setting close to multiple attractions!
We just spent two nights in this adorable tiny cabin, and we enjoyed ourselves very much. It was a perfect base camp for our motorcycle trip with easy drives to visit Mt. Ida, Hot Springs and Mena, we also made the drive up to Mount Magazine and loved every minute of it. We can not say enough about the hospitality provided by the owners of this rental, they go above and beyond for the guests and are helpful in any way you may need. We hope we get to return very soon! The cabin is tiny, but very romantic for a couple who wants to get away from it all! There is also a larger cabin nearby with more room, the owners showed it to us and we hope to rent that one next. We recommend this rental 100%!
Lacy and Adam were our guests in our tiny cabin this last weekend. We give them a five star rating as guests! They were friendly and personable. They kept the cabin in perfect order and did what we requested of them for checking out, i.e., turning off a/c, lights, locking up, etc. They are a darling couple who we would welcome back to stay with us anytime. We enjoyed meeting you guys! Hope you can return soon!
My husband and I enjoyed the lakes and the property. The scenery was beautiful. We'd come back!
Overall, Lake Ouachita is beautiful! We planned a last minute anniversary fishing get-away and did not regret it. The town's we traveled through and to had friendly residents. Thankfully the weather was clear, cool, and sunny during our stay. Hopefully next time our fish catch will be better! Thanks again to the Kelloms!
Fabulous, Awesome, Well Worth The Trip
CLEAN, COMFORTABE AND COZY! We will go back often, this was the best trip we've taken. The area is breath taking and there is a lot to do outdoors. The owners are kind and very helpful.
Thanks to Jimmy and Martha.
Small and cozy!
Great place to stay! We really enjoyed our time here and the owners were really friendly and helpful!
Sarah and Chris were such a sweet couple. They left our little cabin in perfect order. Was so neat and clean, you couldn't tell anyone had stayed in it. Thank you for being such nice renters. Enjoyed meeting you guys! Come back soon!
Montgomery County is well known for its crystal mines.