Cozy and wonderful, this funky little guest house is perched in one of Highlands old, established neighborhoods, less than 2 miles from Main Street. Fully furnished with most modern conveniences, it's a super place to relax and rest after a full day of hiking or sight seeing in the mountains.
The main floor has loads of windows to bring the outside in, pine wood floors and walls in the bath, kitchen and living area. As you enter the front door, you'll be standing in a small galley kitchen with a 24 inch electric range, fridge, microwave and sink (nope, no dishwasher). Just off the kitchen is a small dining table with 3 chairs and a small clothes closet. The bathroom has a huge, 6 foot tub to soak your cares away, as well as a small, separate shower stall. The living area has a love seat, chair, chest of drawers, small color TV with Direct TV, wireless Internet access, bookshelves with loads of reading choices, gas log fireplace and a full sized bed. Climb the ladder to the upper sleeping loft to find a comfortable king sized bed, chair with writing desk and carpeting. The small space is comfortably cooled in the summer months with paddle fans and a window AC unit. In the colder months it is heated with the propane fireplace logs and a baseboard heater in the bathroom.
This is a perfect space for two people, but it can work for 3 people who don't require privacy (the loft space is open to the main floor). The "Lil" Snugg is stocked with all bed, bath and dining linens. The kitchen has everything (other than food!) that you need to prepare and serve delicious, mountain meals. This space is not "childproof" and is not suitable for toddlers. Sorry, but we do not permit pets in this space.
About the exterior spaces: There is a small covered porch at the entry and a small propane grill is provided. Smoking is permitted in the outdoor spaces, as long as tobacco remnants are properly disposed of. It's a super neighborhood for taking walks and you can even take a fun back trail to Cliffside Lakes recreation area.
The "Lil" Snugg is rarely rented as a single unit, since most of our vacation rental guests wish to rent both the main and guest houses. When the Main house is occupied by the owners, or during less popular vacation weeks, the guest house is available for rent. The driveway is shared with the Main House, so parking is limited to one car.
This is a waterfront property; however, when renting the Guest House as a single unit, you will NOT have access to the lakefront or other features of the entire property. Only guests renting the entire property (main AND guest houses) have access to the entire property.
Just a few things we like to be SUPER clear about:
1) You need to be physically fit enough to climb a ladder up into the sleeping loft in order to use the king sized bed.If not, there is only a full sized bed on the main level.
2) The only bathroom is on the main level. If you are sleeping in the loft, you will have to come down the ladder to use the bathroom:).
3) There is no washer or dryer in the guest house.
4) We NEVER rent the guest house to the same person for longer than one week, unless that person is on our preferred renter list (some one who rented before and was an excellent guest in every way!).
5) We do not permit dogs or other pets in the Guest House.
6) This property is currently for sale. The realtor may need to show the property during your visit. In this event, you will be given 24 hours advance notice and they are required to schedule the showing at a time that is convenient for you.