Empire, Michigan - Vacation Retreat in Quiet Beach Town(7 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
This owner doesn't offer online booking through VRBO's checkout. You won't be eligible for our Book with Confidence Guarantee.
Never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram. Learn more
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Property type:House
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:N/A
About the Property
House, 3 Bedrooms + Loft + Den, 2 Baths, (Sleeps 8)
New family home constructed in 2006 in the village, walk to beach. Accommodates six to eight: queen bed in master bedroom; two twin beds in second bedroom/den; queen bed in third bedroom; full size futon in fourth bedroom; twin day bed in upstairs open space. Complete amenities include washer, dryer, dishwasher, wrap-around covered porch, ceiling fans in upstairs sleeping areas, patio/deck area, and charcoal grill. Linens and towels provided. Summer rentals are Friday to Friday. NO smoking and NO pets.
Our family has been visiting this area for over 38 years. Here is a short list of some memorable experiences we have enjoyed:
1. Hiking the Sleeping Bear Dunes
2. Pierce Stocking Scenic Drive (and 450-foot dune climb)
3. Boating on Little and Big Glen Lake
4. Visit the historic Glen Haven Coast Guard Station
5. Canoeing and tubing on Platte River
6. Golf, Golf, Golf, Golf (Four)
7. Sunsets and campfires on Empire Beach on Lake Michigan
8. Visiting historic Leland Fishtown
9. Touring area lighthouses (4+)
10. Ice cream every night at local sweet shops
11. Charter fishing trips....catching & eatting salmon!
12. Exploring shipwrecks
13. Taking the Ferry to Uninhabited Manitou Islands
14. Hiking Empire Bluff
15. Cross country skiing & Snowshoeing
16. Fishing, fishing, fishing
17. Day trips to Traverse City, Frankfort - SHOPPING!
18. Traverse City Beach Bums Baseball (Minor League)
19. Collecting Petosky stones
20. Mountain biking
21. Hosting family reunions, weddings, get togethers involving apple picking, wine country tours, and much more!
Before making a payment, always call the owner at the number listed on our website to make sure your payment instructions are accurate.
Never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram.Learn more
(317) 431-7196 (Indiana, USA)
Member since: 2007
- 1600 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8, Beds for 8
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Live Theater
- Recreation Center
- Winery Tours
Local Services & Businesses
- Medical Services
- Gambling Casinos
- Horseback Riding
- Miniature Golf
- Paddle Boating
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Basketball Court
- Hot Air Ballooning
- Jet Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Pier Fishing
- Water Skiing
- Dining Area
- Seating for 9 people
- Air Conditioning
- Broadband Access
- Clothes Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils
- Dishes & Utensils
2014 rates $1500-$1850/week in summer (includes all taxes and cleaning fees) Summer season June 13-Sep 5,2014 $300 security deposit & 1/2 total rate to confirm NOTE: Until confirmed, rates subject to change Weekends: $275 night/3 nite min.
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
GreenWoods House. Welcome to one of the most beautiful natural areas in Michigan’s Lower Peninsula. Come and enjoy 35 miles of Lake Michigan's eastern coastline, explore North and South Manitou Islands, and of course climb the dunes! Learn about the history of shipping, logging, and agriculture of the area by visiting former Life-Saving Service/Coast Guard Stations, Lighthouses, Sleeping Bear Dunes national lakeshore area and Port Oneida Historic District. This area voted 'Most Beautiful' on Good Morning America in 2011.
- Primary: (317) 431-7196 (Indiana, USA)
- Secondary: (317) 695-0068 (Indiana, USA)
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Greenwoods House in the Village of Empire
Relax on beautiful porch
Home is Where the Heart Is
Rest and Relax
Lake Michigan park..fun for kids
Paddling on Lake Michigan in long boats
Loon Lake, Benzie Co.
Greenwoods House close up
Walk to beach thru the village
Heart of the Home
Rest and Relax
Rest and Relax
Lake Michigan Beach park..picnics, swimming, hiking the beach
Kayaking on Lake Michigan at the end of another day in paradise
This listing was first published here in 2007.
Date last modified - Sunday, December 04, 2016
- Response time Within a few days
- Response rate 70%
- Calendar last updated 11/01/2016