Welcome to our home that we love & cherish. It's a simple, clean, and modern, single-level house that is all your own. We hope you feel comfortable and enjoy staying here while visiting the Oroville area for work/pleasure. Our names are Cat & Christian and you are welcome to be our guests.
This home is inviting, peaceful and cozy. The house was built by a local well-known contractor from the ground up and completed in May 2018. The neighbors and townspeople are nice people.
It is generally, quiet but you might hear some pleasant sounds... at night, you might hear the sounds of a distant train. In the middle of the week, you might hear the laughter of children from the adjacent small schoolyard. On the weekend, you might hear the neighbors sitting and chatting on their porch.
You and your guests have access to two bedrooms, two bathrooms, a large kitchen, an open floor plan with hardwood floors throughout, a driveway for two cars (and more free parking on the street), front and back deck, laundry room, air conditioning, easy to control Nest thermostat, high-speed wifi, BBQ with propane, and your own backyard.
Here is more information on each room:
Kitchen: Dishwasher, microwave, toaster oven, stove, fridge with water and ice dispenser, automatic drip coffee maker, cutting board, pots, pans, utensils, kitchenware, soap, and sponge. Basics of salt, pepper, cooking oil, coffee, sugar, and creamer.
Bathrooms: Fresh towels, hand towels, face cloths, shampoo, conditioner, body wash, (1) hairdryer per bathroom, large vanity mirror, tankless (on-demand) water heater & toilet paper. One bathroom has a tub/shower, the other bathroom has a walk-in shower.
Bedrooms: Extra blanket(s), sheets, one (stand up) fan/bedroom, and blinds for all windows. One bedroom has an attached bathroom, the other does not (that bathroom is separate). The beds are queen-sized and comfy.
Living Room: Pull out sofa bed, loveseat, and TV (details below)
Entertainment: Flat-screen TV, Apple TV with Amazon Prime Video (logged in), Pandora and Netflix (must be logged in), basic cable, high-speed Comcast internet, Bluetooth speaker, and a growing collection of books.
Laundry Room: Modern washing machine, dryer, iron, ironing board, laundry detergent, fabric softener, brooms, vacuum and utility sink.
Safety: The house has a sprinkler system, central fire alarms, first aid kit, fire extinguisher, and a panic button that will call 911 and send help immediately.
If you will be staying for a longer-term stay (over 2 weeks), the housekeeper will come and clean during your stay for an additional $60 cleaning fee each time, every two weeks to assist in upkeeping the space. She’s very friendly and trustworthy.
*Please note that dogs are welcome to stay with you but cats are not. Sorry cats. :(
*We charge a pet fee for extra wear and tear, and extra cleaning time required.
a) Pet Fee (Under one week): There is a $25 pet fee per stay.
b) Pet Fee (Over one week): There is a $25 pet fee per week and we require the housekeeper to come in weekly to maintain the house at the normal cleaning fee of $60 per visit.
Our home’s convenient location includes:
A large Raley's supermarket (open 6a-11p every day) is within a 4-minute drive so you can purchase food to cook and enjoy during your stay.
Excellent, vibrant and locally-owned restaurants that take ~ 5-10 minutes to walk to, including one restaurant (with excellent food) open 24 hours; a brewery/eatery and an independent winery.
The house is:
* 0.1 mile from the St Paul's Episcopal Church (Sunday Mass: 10:00 a.m.)
* 0.2 mile from the historic Chinese Temple
* 0.2 mile from historic downtown Oroville
* 0.2 mile from the Feather River
* 0.2 mile from Bolt's Antique Tool Museum
* 0.2 mile from Catholic Church (Saturday Mass: 5:30 p.m. / Sunday Mass: 8:15 and 10:30 a.m /Daily Mass: 8:30 a.m)
* 0.2 mile from First Congregational Church (Sunday Mass: 8:30 a.m.)
* 0.3 mile from MugShots coffee house
* 0.3 mile from Miners Alley Brewing Co (Beer)
* 0.3 mile from Oroville Seventh-day Adventist Church (Saturday Mass: 9:30 a.m.)
* 0.4 mile from the US Post Office
* 0.5 mile from the Historic Oroville Inn is the premier housing and dormitory option for Oroville’s Northwest Lineman College campus students
* 0.5 mile from a convenience store
* 0.5 mile from Purple Line Urban Winery
* 0.5 mile from Cornucopia, 24-hour restaurant with great food
* 0.9 mile from Vallarta Grill Mexican Restaurant (great burritos)
* 1.0 mile from Enterprise Rental Car company
* 1.7 miles from Walmart
* 1.7 miles from Home Depot
* 2.3 miles from Route 70
* 3.4 miles from the Northwest Lineman College
* 3.7 miles from the Oroville Casino
* 7.5 miles from the Lake Oroville State Rec Area
* 7.7 miles from the Oroville Dam
* 23.6 miles from Chico State University
* 49 miles from the PG&E Belden Powerhouse
Additional info on the area happily provided.
PS: Because there are hardwood floors, we would suggest bringing your slippers so your feet remain comfortable.
PSS: If this house is booked for the time you would like, please visit my brother in-law's home in Chico- It’s a very similar house. He's a very accommodating person: