6 Houses from the Beach! Balboa Island Stylish Mid Modern 2 Bed + 1 Bath
What makes this House unique
Should you require additional space, this unit can also be rented in conjunction with the downstairs studio! Please see this listing for availability.
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date.
Great location + bikes!
We loved this location and having access to four cruiser bikes was awesome! We really enjoyed cruising around Newport, Balboa and Corona Del Mar. The property was very clean and conveniently located to all the area has to offer. Would definitely stay here again!
This house is very cozy and welcoming. It was great to have beach chairs and umbrellas for our stay! We took a bike ride into town which was so fun! The neighborhood has a small town feel with wonderful shops and restaurants, The ferry ride is super fun to take over to the beach. We had a wonderful time and would absolutely say here again! Thank you to Miriam for making our stay so great!
Relaxing adorable apartment on Balboa Island
We booked the property for two nights last minute for Mother's Day weekend. The unit is upstairs in a duplex on Balboa Island. It is very clean, comfortable and quiet. The only issues we had was not being able to connect the internet. The hosts were more than willing to come and fix it and were caring and responsive. We think it was a temporary issue with the internet provider. I highly recommend staying here. It is a very nice comfortable place for a family. I would stay again as long as the wireless internet worked.
Hi Dana, Thank you so much for taking your valuable time to leave us a review. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our wonderful beach cottage in Balboa bIsland. Again, thank you for choosing to stay with us and certainly hope to see you again. All the very best, Miriam
Very clean! Close to the beach and the ferry! Great place!
We loved staying in this cute, nicely decorated apartment on Balboa. It was just a few blocks away from a convenience store and the ferry! This part of the island is quieter and is much easier to find parking. We will definitely stay here again!
Hi Carrie, Thank you so much for your review! We are truly delighted that you had a relaxed stay, and that you and your family enjoyed all the amenities at Balboa cottage. We look forward hosting you again. See you soon! Miriam
Practically perfect, in every way
The cottage was perfect for our family of five: my wife, our three daughters (3, 6 and 8 y/o) and myself during our 15-day long family vacation during February.
What we particularly enjoyed was:
- the dinning table (not very many small units have a table where 5 people can sit down to enjoy breakfast with no rush or a family dinner, both very important to us)
- the relatively large living room with plenty of space to enjoy family games, reading, or a movie around the gas fireplace
- the perfectly equipped kitchen where we were able to prepare all of our breakfasts and dinners, as well as a few lunches
- the exquisite decore
- the amazing Balboa Island location with its quite residents, the charming downtown area with its stores, and the fun ferry--perfect for relaxing, going for a walk, a morning run, or getting some icecream
- last but not least: Miriam's service and attention to detail! From answering all of our messages within minutes, to making sure the house is properly equipped with basic essentials (toillet paper, basic cleaning supplies, etc.) and some very nice yet exceptional conveniences (coffee and filters, spices, beach chairs and umbrellas, sand toys, bikes). A true SuperHost with capital S!!!
What we did not enjoy so much:
- the neighbor parks his car in the alley, making it challenging for us to get our rental minivan in and out of the garage, which made us default to street parking, which is easy and convenient except Tue and Wed due to restrictions for street cleaning
- a single bathroom for 5 was a bit tight at times, but manageable
- the city and county seem to be doing quite a lot of repair work across the board, and particularly in Balboa Island. We learned that we had to allow extra 10 minutes to get to/from just about anywhere, and had to deal with ocasional constructions noise from 8 am Mo thru Fr
All-in-all, a great experience thanks to the help of Miriam and her team!
Fantanstic rental! Great location, clean, quiet, comfortable.
Very enjoyable stay for my family's get-away weekend. Our Property Manger, Miriam, was great to work with and made sure our stay was comfortable and enjoyable.
Hi Gordon, Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. We truly appreciate your kind words. We are so thrilled to hear that the Balboa Island cottage was a perfect fit for you and your wonderful family. We hope to see you again in the future. Kindly, Miriam