Private 4-room Loft Suite, in host-occupied house.
Serene, luminous, spacious, unique, very relaxing... ideal for early risers!
In between two homes? Freelance or virtual pro on assignment? Visiting local friends or family? Corporate/business traveler? Long term discounts available.
This 5/2 house is ideal for religious retreats, educational trips, sports teams on away games, family reunions... or as an event space for wedding/bridal showers, direct marketing gathering... We are however NOT a party house.
Listing shows “entire place” as the upstairs four-room, 500 sq ft Suite is private for the first 6-7 guests:
- Gorgeous 10'x22' bedroom with King/Twins beds, 2 armchairs, desk & TV/Roku/Netflix/Prime,
- Exceptional 10'x18' sitting room w/2 Queen futons, TV/Roku/Netflix/Prime & table for 4
- Full bathroom with shower, double-sink & WC, PRIVATE
- Spacious landing w/closets, desk & chairs (empty suitcases can be placed in the attic).
Vaulted ceilings with gable, clerestory & skylight windows with southeast exposure throughout feel magical from dawn to glowing night skies. Floating Twin Ottoman for additional guests.
Up to 2 extra bedrooms downstairs, only by request and for overflow if group larger than 6-7 (or guests not able to use the spiral staircase):
BR3, large: Queen/Twins beds & Twin/Queen futon, for guests 8-11 - dedicated guest room with TV/Roku/Netflix/Prime & lots of closet space,
BR4, small: Full bed & floating foam floor mattress, for guests 12-14 - Usually owner-occupied, no closet space.
BR5, small: Full bed - Always host/owner-occupied.
Full bath, SHARED with 2 owners or cohosts.
We are NOT a party house, and only registered guests are allowed on the premises.
- Groups over 6, or using the downstairs bedrooms, may not use Instant Book, and must send a request first so we can help ensure you understand the setup.
- We offer flexible pricing for 1 to 14 guests, to remain accessible to solo travelers also, which the Airbnb platform will calculate automatically. You may enquire about private bedrooms, at $50-80/night depending on size.
- Primary renter to send a picture of ID in messaging, and also list the names of other adult guests and age of the children.
- There are up to 8 beds, but another 1-2 pop-up beds could be added for short stays. These would restrict the space, so please only request if you are fine with being minimalistic.
- There are only 2 full baths total, so the larger the group, the more organized & efficient you will need to be with your belongings & time.
We describe the space accurately, so please ensure this is suitable for your group and you are happy with the setup, before you choose to stay with us.
Enjoy the kitchen & dining areas by taking turns with privacy, or sharing family-style; there is a 2nd round table for large groups to dine together.
2-3 seating groups in living areas (TV area & sunroom/garage are private host spaces).
Private backyard available to guests (porch & front yard are private host spaces).
There is room for 1-2 more cars on the driveway, depending on size.
No overnight street parking: $50 fine.
Additional parking available 0.2 miles away at shopping mall located on 81-89 New Bridge Rd (offering Farmer’s Market, Grand Essex Market, Fish Market, 2 restaurants, etc.)
Our family home is located in a pocket residential neighborhood, close to parks, shops, restaurants and public transportation to NYC and large NJ malls/outlets.
You should use mapping apps/software to find all public transportation, and simulate distances/travel times, as they depend on traffic and so time of travel.
There is a freight train nearby, but the sound is muted inside when the windows are closed. Still, if you are sensitive, or sleep with a group, we recommend you use earplugs.
HOUSE MANUAL and RULES can be summarized with:
Please enjoy but leave all as you found it, respect common/shared spaces, and be safe for yourself and our property. Thank you for your help!
- Take off your shoes upon entering, only keep 1 pair by the door (others in your BR).
- No rolling suitcases smudging white floor: carrying only.
- Spiral staircase can be tricky, especially with luggage, socks, children/elderly... Please request a downstairs bedroom if any concerns, and monitor children.
- Careful not to scratch any steps, walls, etc. with suitcases or furniture.
- Careful keeping the upstairs bathroom floor dry, as flooding will damage the downstairs living space.
- Living spaces are for communal living, so clean/pick up after yourselves, no napping on sofas, place personal belongings back in your BR before leaving the house, etc.
- Close all windows before turning on the heat/AC, turn off lights before bed/leaving, etc. so we can live sustainably.
- No AC below 76, and no heating over 70, or you may damage the system and cause +8K in claims. Please turn off fans, and place AC/78 and heat/68 before leaving for the day to be efficient. Host reserves the right to do so if you forget.
- Close skylight before leaving the house to avoid any rain damage.
- Shop for or deliver your own food & drinks; mini-mall 0.2 miles away. Refrigerator door offers filtered water & ice.
- No eating or drinking outside of dining area and backyard: not in the living or bedrooms.
- Bring garbages from your bedrooms to the main trash & recycling bins under the kitchen sink. Bi-weekly or when full, take out to the big bins on the West side of the house (largest trash, black cardboard & paper, yellow & grey recycling glass & cans). Nextdoor neighbor Bill is our caretaker and he will place them on the street by town schedule, which can be found on the refrigerator.
- Absolutely no smoking/vaping on the property: not in the house, not in the yard. We will file a claim if we smell anything or find butts in the yard.
- No loitering or loud talking on the street.
- Zero tolerance for substance use, and intoxicated, unruly, loud, disrespectful or any damaging behavior: we will evict you immediately and keep both the rent and security deposit.
- Quiet hours are 8pm on school nights and 10pm otherwise: enforced to maintain the goodwill of our neighbors. We wake up around 6-7am.
- No parties, no visitors, and access reserved to guests as registered on the reservation only.
- The cleaning fee covers the average time for a deep clean and the laundering of all bedding after check out. Please maintain all during your stay, as you found it at check in, so we can also rate you as five star guests. Long term guests should expect regular housekeeping checks to monitor garbages, supplies, efficiencies and conditions.
- Owner reserves the right to have sound/image electronic recording of all exterior, entries and owner-only spaces, to monitor the correct count of guests and ensure the safety of our property. All our neighbors are helpful in monitoring above as well.
- Neighbor’s cat Marcy enjoys taking naps inside: please try not to let her in, or put her back out before leaving the house, and keep your bedrooms closed so she has no access.
- Certified service animals are welcome, but must accompany the owner at all times, and so cannot be left behind or unattended.
- One thing I recommend is earplugs for train/fridge/cosleeping, and also eye covers as I have no room-darkening window treatments: most love waking up with the sunrise, but bring protection if that’s not your case.
Thank you again for respecting above rules, so all people of goodwill can enjoy the stay!
Our home is very precious to us: we will ask you to leave without a refund and will claim the warranty if your behavior risks causing any damage to our property or if any member of your group is disrespectful to me, my child, our neighbors or our cohosts.
We thoroughly enjoy the Airbnb experience, and +90% of our experiences have been with wonderful guests from every socio-cultural background, young and old, families and professionals... a rainbow of people that have enriched our lives, and we sincerely look forward to welcoming you in the same spirit.
Leen & James, or cohosts.