Tucked away in the Delaware Water Gap of the Pocono Mountains, this 3000 sq. ft. house is a Lakefront retreat and the perfect getaway for some R&R.
Bedroom 1: 1 King bed and half bath
Bedroom 2: 1 Queen bed
Lower-level den: 2 twin beds
WiFi is available throughout the home.
The main-floor living room is equipped with a smart TV (with cable), a dvd player, and a pellet stove for use in colder months.
The dining room seats up to 8 and leads to the screened in porch, which is the heart of this home in warm weather. The porch has enough space to sit and eat meals, relax with your morning cup of coffee, or lounge for that afternoon nap.
The kitchen is fully equipped: microwave, coffee maker, coffee grinder, dishwasher, toaster, refrigerator, freezer (w/ice maker), and a propane-powered gas stove/oven. (A rarity for this area!) Dishes, silverware, pots & pans etc. The washer and dryer can be found just off the kitchen, and a gas grill is steps away on the back porch.
The lower level has the perfect rec space: the pool table converts to a ping-pong table and the room includes a fridge for drinks to quench your thirst after an intense ping pong battle. In a separate room is the den space with a big screen TV including dvd player, Wii, and cable tv. A propane gas stove takes the chill off in cooler weather. A variety of board games can be found in the closet as well as a chess/checkers table for your use, and shelves-upon-shelves of books, both fiction and non-fiction.
Outdoors a fire pit (including wood) beckon you to sit and enjoy nature. Sticks for roasting marshmallows can be found in the kitchen. Easy access to the lake from both the yard and the nearby community beach area. (Bring your kayaks; motor boats are not permitted on the lake.)
Wildlife abounds! No matter the season, chances are high you will spot deer during your stay. Warmer months are excellent for bird and critter watching.
- No smoking inside the house: If any evidence is found, damage deposit forfeited, plus cost of cleaning. Dispose of all cigarette butts smoked outside the premises properly.
- No fireworks: If any evidence is found, damage deposit forfeited, plus cost of cleaning
- Do not park on the street; vehicles should be parked in the driveway
- No parties or events on the property
- Do not flush sanitary products or anything other than toilet tissue (septic system is sensitive)
- No firearms, no hunting allowed in the community
- Pets are OK (Meow, woof!) but must be approved in advance
- No renters under the age of 25
- Access to community swimming pool (July-Aug only)
- Big screen TV with cable
- Nintendo Wii & games
- DVD players
- Fire pit & wood
- Pellet Stove
- Propane heating stove
- Pool Table
- Books, books, books!
- Gas kitchen stove & oven
- Refrigerator with freezer and ice maker
- Security system
- Linens and towels
- Propane grill
The nearby town of Milford, PA has many shops, restaurants, bakeries, and hosts festivals such as the Black Bear Film festival in October, the Readers and Writers festival in September, and Music Fest in June.
The area hosts a ton of things to do no matter what your interests: horseback riding, hiking, zip-lining, golf, skiing, and canoe trips are all just a short drive away. Antique stores abound in the area! If history is your thing, a nearby museum hosts the "Lincoln Flag" and you can visit national historic sites such as Grey Towers and Charles S. Pierce house.