Cottage in the Woods on the Water(8 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:1-7 nights
- Property type:House
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:Yes
About the Property
5 bedrooms, 3 baths, sleeps 11 on Penobscot Bay
Two bedrooms (2 twins, 1 queen) and one full bath are upstairs. A baby layette, collapsible crib, high chair and baby gates are available. A large bathroom is shared by these two bedrooms.
Lower level (walkout) has two bedrooms (2 twins, 1 bunk bed & 1 day bed), bath with shower and twin sinks, laundry area and a family room.
The water side of the house has a deck with glass rails for an unobstructed view and a screened porch. The house is wheelchair friendly with entrance ramp and 3' wide doors on first floor; not legally handicap accessible.
TV/DVD/VHS for movies only. Internet access via WiFi. Long distance calls off island require calling card.
We accept payment by check and plastic.
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Verify your payment method
Member since: 2004
- 3000 sq. ft.
- Max. occupancy 11
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Suitable For Elderly Or Infirm
Doors on first floor are 3' wide. Ramp from parking area to front stoop to 1' thick door mat up to door sill approximately 2' above mat. Master bath has space for seated access, but counter is not low. No grab bars at toilet or bath. Access to edge of land overlooking shore would require strong assistant pushing wheelchair. Elec. chairs could not handle the incline....moreless
Bedrooms: 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 11, Beds for 11
Bathrooms: 3 Bathrooms
- There is no TV reception at our house (isn't it wonderful!). The 2 TVs are for viewing movies. We have a collection for children, young adults and adults. More DVD's are available for rent from Burnt Cove Market about 6 miles away on Route 15A. Cell phone reception is good for most. Long distance calls off island require a calling card. If pets are accepted we require them to be caged when left alone inside; to not create a nuisance or noise outside; to be kept off the furniture; that you pick up after your pet, and that they be kept on a leash when outside. Groceries are a 6 mile/12 minute drive to Burnt Cove Market. Library, restaurants, Opera House (movies/special programs), galleries are all located within 15 minute drive from the house. From Woodberry, Blue Hill is a 25 minute drive, Ellsworth 40 minutes and Mt. Dessert Island about 1 hour, depending on traffic...moreless
- Books For Adults
- Books For Kids
- CD Player
- DVD Player
- Away From It All
- Live Theater
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Sight Seeing
- Ocean View:
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- Seating for 13 people
- Activities Guide
- Alarm Clock
- Basic Soaps
- Ceiling Fans
- Clothes Dryer
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Laundry Soap
- Linens Provided
- Local Maps
- Local Restaurant Guide
- Paper Towels
- Toilet Paper
- Towels Provided:
- Washing Machine
- Wireless Internet:
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils
- Dishes & Utensils
- Lobster Pot
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Apr 29 - Jun 2, 2017
7 night min stay
Jun 3 - Jun 30, 2017
7 night min stay
July & August 2017
Jul 1 - Sep 1, 2017
7 night min stay
Sep 2 - Sep 29, 2017
7 night min stay
Sep 30 - Oct 27, 2017
7 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Refundable Damage Deposit $300
- Cleaning $150 + tax
- Pet fee (if applicable) $75 + tax
- Tax Rate 9%
$75 per pet per week. Refundable damage deposit per pet is $100, in addition to $300 base damage deposit.
Owner's cancellation policy:
50% refund for cancellations more than 7 days before check-in date.
100% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Woodberry is located on the NW side of the island. Beautiful sunsets. Our cottage is set off the road about 800 feet so you don't see or hear cars on Dunham Point Road.
Our area is typical Maine woods with mostly summer residences tucked away along the shore. We have one neighbor within view, but are unaware of their comings and goings.
We are members of the Deer Isle Yacht Club. If you wish to use the club facilities for kayaking or to dock your boat you may acquire a Tenant-Charterer membership through us for your rental period. The cost is $310.
Golf/Tennis: Island Country Club (public 9 hole course) 10 minutes from house
About the owner: Debbie's family has been summering on Deer Isle since the 1890's.
Why the Owner Chose Deer Isle, ME, USA:
Greg and I worked with Hewes & Co. and many groups of friends to build Woodberry starting in 2013 and finishing with a big party in July 2014.
- Primary: +1 888-893-2084 Please leave message if no answer.
Links to more information:
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Welcome to Woodberry
Under porch to ground level exterior door
Muscles and mussels
Bath, main floor
Deck with glass enclosure, 75 feet to shore
Bedroom, second floor (queen
Family room, ground level, w/ game table and TV for videos (not seen) 2012 pho
Bunk room, lower level
Woodberry from the beach
Bedroom, main floor (queen
Bedroom, second floor (two single beds)
Bath, second floor (tub/shower)
Bedroom, ground level (bunk beds, day bed)
Bath, ground level (two sinks, shower)
Laundry area (2010 photo, floor now finished)
Trail at our waters edge
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a Message
Contact the owner or see rate notes on this listing for additional information and fees
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.