Jack Russell's Ridge, the sister property to the popular Retriever's Retreat, is located three miles from downtown Berkeley Springs, West Virginia. Berkeley Springs is a historic spa and art-filled town nestled in the West Virginia mountains. Famous for being the country's first spa, it was frequented by George Washington.
This vacation home is a bright and airy two-story chalet. The wrap-around deck opens to a fenced in yard--perfect for pets! The large back yard has a fire-ring and outdoor games and provides ample space for guests and pets to enjoy the beauty of the West Virginia foothills. Relax by the charming koi pond to the sounds of crickets, frogs, and birds. Prepare a gourmet meal using our new stainless steel appliances, and after a long day of hiking, biking, and rafting, curl up on the sofa to experience 5.1 surround sound and high-definition TV.
- We have upgraded the main living room tv to a 50 LED HD with Roku that streams both Netflix and Hulu Plus. All TVs in the cabin have ROKU boxes with Netflix and Hulu Plus.
- The pellet stove is not available for guest usage. We have added an electric Fireplace with heat and realistic LED flames.
- We upgraded the red fabric sofa that is in the pictures to a brown leather sofa and added a leather recliner to provide additional comfort to our guests.
Free Benefits for our guests:
* We have a low cleaning fee
* We offer free early check in as early as 10 a.m. and late check out as late as 8 p.m if it's available. We will try our hardest to get you in as early as possible for check in and have as late as possible for your check out so you can enjoy the cabin.
* We provide guests with a 26 page Berkeley Springs information guide - this is an 'insider's guide' to where to shop, favorite restaurants and what to order, places to avoid, and “not to be missed” events and activities.
During your stay at Jack Russell's Ridge, there are activities to please everyone in your group. For those who want to relax and pamper themselves, enjoy dining, antiquing, shopping, and soaking in the warm mineral waters. There are five full-service spas providing a variety of services such as massages, manicures, pedicures, wraps, acupuncture, reflexology, and reiki. At the Berkeley Springs State Park Spa, you can take a soak in a Roman bath and have a half-hour massage for just $40 (Mon-Thurs), $45 (Fri-Sun).
Explore antique shops, craft stores, Berkeley Castle, and try the local coffee shops and restaurants. Saturdays and Sundays check out the Museum of the Berkeley Springs (11 am-4 pm).
While in Berkeley Springs, take in a movie at the Star Theater, a nostalgic movie theater where 50 cents will rent one of the velvet sofas, or take advantage of programs set up by the Morgan Art Council which range from free concerts in Berkeley Springs State Park every Saturday afternoon in July and August to an active Ice House Theater Project and exhibit gallery. The Ice House also offers concerts, art classes, and youth theater.
If you prefer to spend your vacation outdoors, Jack Russell's Ridge is close to the 6,000 acre Cacapon State Park where you can enjoy basketball, tennis, miles of hiking trails, mountain biking, horseback riding, cross-country skiing (winter), rowing/paddle boating, swimming, fishing, and golfing on the course designed by Robert Trent Jones, Sr. Be sure to hike or drive to the scenic overview.
Other nearby activities include canoeing and kayaking on the Great Cacapon and Potomac Rivers and biking and hiking on the C&O Canal.
The cabin is close to:
- Ski resorts such as White Tail
- Civil War battlefields such as Gettysburg and Antietam
- Historic Harper's Ferry
- Outlet shopping at Hagerstown
- Charles Town Races and Slots.
We also recommend that your group take a drive to the Berkeley Springs Panorama Overlook which is rated by National Geographic as one of the five best overlooks in the Eastern United States. It's stunning. Enjoy the Berkeley Springs Farmers' Market every Sunday morning from the end of April to October.
Friendly people, welcoming mountains and a sense of placemark Berkeley Springs, West Virginia as a vacation getaway for all seasons and tastes.
We also have other great rentals on VRBO Luxurious Secluded, Pet-Friendly, Relaxing Log Cabin with Wifi - Berkeley Springs [#130256]