Peaceful, Kid/Pet-Friendly, Private Luxury Chalet with Wifi
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:2 nights
- Property type:Chalet
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:N/A
Jack Russell's Ridge, the sister property to the popular Retriever's Retreat, is located three miles from downtown Berkeley Springs, West Virginia. Berkeley Springs is a historic spa and art-filled town nestled in the West Virginia mountains. Famous for being the country's first spa, it was frequented by George Washington.
This vacation home is a bright and airy two-story chalet. The wrap-around deck opens to a fenced in yard--perfect for pets! The large back yard has a fire-ring and outdoor games and provides ample space for guests and pets to enjoy the beauty of the West Virginia foothills. Relax by the charming koi pond to the sounds of crickets, frogs, and birds. Prepare a gourmet meal using our new stainless steel appliances, and after a long day of hiking, biking, and rafting, curl up on the sofa to experience 5.1 surround sound and high-definition TV.
- We have upgraded the main living room tv to a 50 LED HD with Roku that streams both Netflix and Hulu Plus. All TVs in the cabin have ROKU boxes with Netflix and Hulu Plus.
- We replaced the electric fireplace with a Pellet stove. However, the pellet stove is not available for guest usage. We are adding an electric fireplace for guests but currently have no timetable for this.
- We upgraded the red fabric sofa that is in the pictures to a brown leather sofa and has added a leather recliner to provide additional comfort to our guests.
Free Benefits for our guests:
* We offer free early check in as early as 10 a.m. and late check out as late as 8 p.m if it's available. We will try our hardest to get you in as early as possible for check in and have as late as possible for your check out so you can enjoy the cabin.
* We provide guests with a 26 page Berkeley Springs information guide - this is an 'insider's guide' to where to shop, favorite restaurants and what to order, places to avoid, and “not to be missed” events and activities.
During your stay at Jack Russell's Ridge, there are activities to please everyone in your group. For those who want to relax and pamper themselves, enjoy dining, antiquing, shopping, and soaking in the warm mineral waters. There are five full-service spas providing a variety of services such as massages, manicures, pedicures, wraps, acupuncture, reflexology, and reiki. At the Berkeley Springs State Park Spa, you can take a soak in a Roman bath and have a half-hour massage for just $40 (Mon-Thurs), $45 (Fri-Sun).
Explore antique shops, craft stores, Berkeley Castle, and try the local coffee shops and restaurants. Saturdays and Sundays check out the Museum of the Berkeley Springs (11 am-4 pm).
While in Berkeley Springs, take in a movie at the Star Theater, a nostalgic movie theater where 50 cents will rent one of the velvet sofas, or take advantage of programs set up by the Morgan Art Council which range from free concerts in Berkeley Springs State Park every Saturday afternoon in July and August to an active Ice House Theater Project and exhibit gallery. The Ice House also offers concerts, art classes, and youth theater.
If you prefer to spend your vacation outdoors, Jack Russell's Ridge is close to the 6,000 acre Cacapon State Park where you can enjoy basketball, tennis, miles of hiking trails, mountain biking, horseback riding, cross-country skiing (winter), rowing/paddle boating, swimming, fishing, and golfing on the course designed by Robert Trent Jones, Sr. Be sure to hike or drive to the scenic overview.
Other nearby activities include canoeing and kayaking on the Great Cacapon and Potomac Rivers and biking and hiking on the C&O Canal.
The cabin is close to:
- Ski resorts such as White Tail
- Civil War battlefields such as Gettysburg and Antietam
- Historic Harper's Ferry
- Outlet shopping at Hagerstown
- Charles Town Races and Slots.
We also recommend that your group take a drive to the Berkeley Springs Panorama Overlook which is rated by National Geographic as one of the five best overlooks in the Eastern United States. It's stunning. Enjoy the Berkeley Springs Farmers' Market every Sunday morning from the end of April to October.
Friendly people, welcoming mountains and a sense of placemark Berkeley Springs, West Virginia as a vacation getaway for all seasons and tastes.
We also have other great rentals on VRBO Luxurious Secluded, Pet-Friendly, Relaxing Log Cabin with Wifi - Berkeley Springs [#130256]
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Learn more
Member since: 2007
- 1250 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Housekeeper Included
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Children Welcome
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 4-6
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
- 50 inch High Defintion LED Television, Dish Network with XM Radio, 5.1 Phillips surround sound including iPod player, CD/DVD players, Plush Queen beds, Log style table, Stainless steel appliances, Extensive Boardgames and latest DVD movies, BBQ grill, fire pit, linens and towels provided, 3 miles to Downtown Berkeley Springs and more. ...moreless
- CD Player
- DVD Player:
- Game Room:
- Satellite / Cable:
Three television. Living room and main bedroom are HDTV. All TVs have Roku boxes which streams Netflix and Hulu Plus which has the latest movies and TV shows with over 10,000 to choose from....moreless
- Video Game Console:
- Video Games:
Includes the latest DVD movies like Iron Man, Breach, The Departed, James Bond-Casino Royale, Mission Impossible 2,The Good Shepherd and many more. We also have a DVD system with surround sound and 5 speakers....moreless
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Health/Beauty Spa
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Eco Tourism
- Horseback Riding
- Miniature Golf
- Outlet Shopping
- Paddle Boating
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Mountain View
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Basketball Court
- Cross Country Skiing
- Fly Fishing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Hunting Big Game
- Hunting Small Game
- Mountain Biking
- Water Tubing
- Dining Area
- Seating for 6 people
- Air Conditioning:
- Broadband Access:
- Clothes Dryer
- Hair Dryer
- Linens Provided:
Leather couch and leather chair with ottoman. We have a coffee table. There is a 50 LED inch HDTV with Roku (Netflix/Hulu Plus), DVD and surround sound stereo. There is a pellet stove as well....moreless
- Coffee Maker:
- Cooking Utensils:
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Pantry Items:
- Deck / Patio:
- Housekeeper Included
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
High Season Rates 2016
Apr 1 - Dec 31, 2016
2 night min stay
Low Season Rates 2017
Jan 1 - Mar 31, 2017
2 night min stay
High Season Rates 2017
Apr 1 - Dec 31, 2017
2 night min stay
My Standard Rate
2 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Pet Fee $25 + tax
- Tax Rate 10%
- Great weekly discount of $800 per week (normally $1090 per week)
- Sunday is charge as a weekday rate instead of a weekend rate
- There is no cleaning fee
- Just $25 pet fee per pet for your entire stay with us
- We offer early and late check out when available.
Owner's cancellation policy:
50% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date.
100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Jack Russell's Ridge is located in Berkeley Springs. Berkeley Springs is an historic spa and art-filled town nestled in the West Virginia mountains only 90 minutes from the Washington/Baltimore metro area. It boasts warm mineral springs, world class dining, dozens of unique shops, five full-service spas and more than 100 lodging choices from elegant B&B's and historic inns to cabins and resorts. Golf, hiking and swimming share the schedule with year 'round festivals, live music and theater.
Year Purchased: 2008
About the owner: We are in our 40's married and live in the D.C area. We love for you to be guests at this cabin called Jack Russell's Ridge.
Why the Owner Chose Berkeley Springs, WV, USA:
On our first visit to Berkeley Springs, we were drawn to the character and charm that the town offers, and we soon found ourselves in the office of a local realtor ready to make an offer on a cabin near Cacapon State Park. The cabin had “good bones” but had been neglected by the previous owners. We spent the next year renovating “Retriever’s Retreat” and making it into our haven from our hectic schedules and pace of life in DC. Soon thereafter, Claudio found another home in need of some TLC, and we quickly began work on “Jack Russell’s Ridge.” As pet lovers, we are pleased to be able to share our pet-friendly homes with your family, and we hope that your time in Berkeley Springs offers you a chance to enjoy the company of family and good friends.
The Unique Benefits at this Chalet:
This vacation home is a bright and airy two-story chalet. The wrap-around deck opens to a fenced in yard–perfect for pets! The large back yard has a fire-ring and hammock and provides ample space for guests and pets to enjoy the beauty of the West Virginia foothills.
- Primary: +1 8002837134 Call Anytime
- Secondary: +1 3019194469 Call between 9 a.m. and 7 p.m.
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Jack Russell's Ridge
Living room with Electric Fireplace and 37 inch High Definition LCD Television
Picnic Table and Fenced-In Yard for Dogs to play and run
Night time view of the cabin with wraparound deck
Jack Russell's Ridge
Master Bedroom with Log Bed and Wall mounted 20 inch LCD TV with DirecTV
View of the mountains from the pond and deck
This listing was first published here in 2007.
Date last modified - Saturday, December 03, 2016
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM