The Best Volcano & Lake View in Pucon Unforgettable Dream Home(28 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:4-7 nights
- Property type:House
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:Yes
About the Property
House, 3 Bedrooms + Convertible bed(s), 2 Baths, (Sleeps 2-7)
that dances with color and light. It is named after the famous song, "Thank You to
Life" written by the popular Chilean folksinger, Violeta Parra. "Ayun Mapu" is the
indigenous name of our 9-acre property, meaning "Land of Love.'" Guests
tell us they have NEVER seen a more breathtaking home and setting! And just
a seven-minute drive to the center of Pucón.
• Make our home the perfect beginning or ending to your Patagonian adventure.
• VIEWS are out of this world! The Villarrica Volcano (its real name is Rukapillán,
which means House of the Spirit in the Mapuche tongue). Lake Villarrica
end-to-end. Awesome sunsets, moon rises, the Milky Way and Southern Cross,
Andean foothills. Great views from every room! Pastoral, peaceful, one of a kind.
• 360-degree panoramic rooftop terrace where you can enjoy delicious meal or sip a
Chile! Hang out on a lounge chair under our umbrella with a great book!
• Enjoy your favorite daytime activities: hiking, rafting, volcano climbing, fly fishing,
horseback riding, soaking in nearby thermal pools. Or shop, enjoy one of the 50+
local restaurants, bars, coffee and dessert shops. Visit markets and upscale stores.
• Relax at home: hang out on our comfy couch or massage recliners, cuddle up on
the best mattresses with comfy pillows and soft sheets. You will enjoy an
unforgettable stay. In fact, you won’t want to leave!!
• Ideal getaway for families with children, couples, multi-generational family
gatherings, year-round outdoors enthusiasts, those who want to study Spanish, or
nature lovers of all ages.
• Professionally landscaped grounds. Sunny, light-bathed, architecturally-designed
home. Energetically balanced with Feng Shui. Sweeping ceilings, gleaming copper
sinks, colorful indigenous art. All the comfort and convenience of home! Fully
equipped kitchen with room for eight in the spacious dining area. Outdoor grill and
brick pizza oven.
• Three bedrooms including master suite, queen second bedroom, and single
bedroom. All with incredible views. Optional, queen-sized, inflatable bed with a
memory-foam mattress topper can also be set up in the living room for two
additional guests. Opening windows and ceiling fans in every bedroom.
• Our friendly caretaker family lives in their own house across the driveway. They are
available to help you with whatever you need, but will respect your privacy.
• The perfect year-round getaway to enjoy the wide array of activities in the scenic
Chilean Lake District. Scroll down to Additional Location Information to find the many
activities in and around Pucón.
• Our caretaker’s son is a taxi driver and can arrange transportation if you prefer not to
Keywords: Pucon vacation rental, lake view, volcano view, Villarrica volcano, Villarrica lake, luxury villa
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Learn more
Member since: 2007
- 1600 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Housekeeper Optional
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Children Welcome:
- Non Smoking Only:
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 7, Beds for 1-7
- Queen size Beds (2) Beautiful, high-thread-count sheets, extremely comfortable Rosen mattress, colorful quilts, Twin or Single Beds (1) Beautiful, high-thread-count sheets, extremely comfortable Rosen mattress, colorful quilts, Sleep Sofa or Futons (1) Optional queen-size, inflatable bed with thick, memory foam topper, high-thread-count linens, comfy wool blanket...moreless
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
- Where to begin? Everything is special at Gracias a la Vida. Our rooftop terrace, with views straight out of a magazine, is complete with a dining table and chairs for six, fabulous VitaSpa big enough for 6-8 spa with incredible jets and symphonic wave seat. Our outdoor, brick pizza oven turns out delicious restaurant-quality pizzas. Savor a gourmet pizza party with fresh pesto from our garden, Chilean & Argentine cheeses, and your favorite toppings. In the summer, there are direct Santiago-Pucon flights. Our decor is artistic and celebratory with Mexican copper sinks, faucets, and farmhouse copper kitchen sink. Indigenous art brought from our international travels. The view is spectacular from every room in the house. Our home is sophisticated and upscale, set on nine acres of prime-view Pucon land. Breathe in the delightful air and views, admire a rainbow of flowers, native and ornamental trees, poppies, wisteria and passion flower vines, fuschias and hummingbirds. Truly a paradise!...moreless
- DVD Player
- Away From It All
- Autumn Foliage
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Live Theater
- Rain Forests
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Eco Tourism
- Gambling Casinos
- Horseback Riding
- Miniature Golf
- Paddle Boating
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Lake View
- Mountain View
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Basketball Court
- Cross Country Skiing
- Equestrian Events
- Fly Fishing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Jet Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Mountain Climbing
- Rock Climbing
- Ski Privileges Optional
- Water Skiing
- Water Tubing
- Whitewater Rafting
- Dining Room
- Activities Guide
- Ceiling Fans
- Clothes Dryer
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Laundry Soap
- Linens Provided
- Living Area
- Living Room
- Local Activities Guide
- Local Maps
- Local Restaurant Guide
- Paper Towels
- Parking Off Street
- Parking For RV/Boat/Trailer
- Security System
- Toilet Paper
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wireless Internet:
- Wood Stove
- 4 Ring Stove
Our caretaker family can prepare for you traditional Chilean dishes such as 'porotos granados,' 'pebre,' 'pastel de choclo,' and other 'comida del campo.' Or we can recommend carry-out options from ma...moreless
- Coffee Maker
Our kitchen is stocked with all of the utensils that you have at home, brought down from the U.S. Vibrantly colored table linens, place mats, glasses and dishes, silverware. A feast to behold!...moreless
- Dishes & Utensils
- Ice Maker
All the comforts of your fully-equipped kitchen at home for your cooking, baking, grilling needs. Four beautiful dining areas, inside and out, depending on your pleasure. Wood-fired, outdoor pizza oven, traditional Chilean 'pancho' charcoal grill. Enjoy fresh, organic greens from our huge organic garden and greenhouses and, yummy raspberries and blueberries from our garden, and, soon, fresh fruit from our orchard. (Drool over the photo of the salad fresh from our garden!)....moreless
- Pantry Items
Deck / Patio:
You will marvel at the breathtaking view from our semi-circular brick terrace in front of the house, the 360° rooftop terrace with the best view in Pucon (so we have been told by many visitors who know the area). Don't miss the professionally-designed planters on the roof!...moreless
- Fully Fenced Property
Our covered, brick gazebo with the most riotous flowers to tickle your fancy, picnic table, Adirondack chairs. You will not believe that the mature succulent garden just in front was planted only a ye...moreless
- Lawn / Garden
- Outdoor Grill
- Outdoor Grill Gas
- Porch / Veranda
- Unscreened Porch / Veranda
- Wood Deck
Pool / Spa
The spa is incredible. Great jets including the Symphonic Wave seat. Luxuriate atop the roof terrace with the most amazing 360° view of Volcan Villarrica up close and personal, Lake Villarrica end to end, picturesque mountains and forest all around, pasture land with horses, cows, sheep below...moreless
- Outdoor Hot Tub
- Housekeeper Optional
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Holiday 2016, Summer 2017
Dec 1 - Apr 30, 2017
7 night min stay
Fall, Winter 2017
May 1 - Oct 25, 2017
4 night min stay
My Standard Rate
4 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Refundable Damage Deposit $500
- Taxes Not included
A US$125 cleaning fee is paid in Chilean pesos to the caretakers on arrival.
Guests pay for WIFI usage days/GB.
You are agreeing to our Rental Contract which you have received as a pdf.
Owner's cancellation policy:
Cancelled bookings will not receive a refund.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
• Pucón is known by Chileans and international travelers as the ADVENTURE CAPITAL OF CHILE. Our charming, vibrant, spectacular beautiful town was recently included in the 20 top small travel destinations in the world!
• For adventure travelers: Hike the Villarrica Volcano. Raft the Trancura River. Sea kayak on Lake Villarrica or others nearby. Hike Huerquehue National Park, Parque Conguillío, around the Volcano. Horseback ride in the foothills of the Andes. All of these can be day or overnight trips from our land.
• If you want a more relaxing stay: Visit one of the many natural hot spring and spas within an hour or two.
• Or just hang out in Pucón: Walk our 2.5 miles beach beach, where you can swim, paddle boat, kayak, or even ride a steamboat. Try out your luck at our local casino. Buy anything from indigenous handicrafts to sports gear, fine shoes and clothing, and anything in between, at Pucón’s many crafts markets and upscale shops. Dine at the 50+ (we stopped counting) restaurants in the area serving everything from pizza and pasta to Argentine-style grill (parrillada) to sushi, vegetarian, ice cream, handmade chocolates…. whatever your heart and palate desires! We are less than two hours from the Argentine border.
Year Purchased: 2005
About the owner: We are naturopathic/homeopathic doctors and authors, married for 30 years. In 2005 we embarked on a kayaking trip to Pumalin Park in the South of Chile, and fell in love with this part of the world. After our paddling adventure, we visited the lakes in Argentina, and ended our trip in Pucon. We had absolutely no intention of buying land in Chile, but we met friends at an eco-hostel who lived half the year in the Pacific Northwest and half in Chile...not a bad idea to enjoy two springs and two summers a year in gorgeous places! We ventured out with a realtor 'just out of curiosity' and found what we thought was our dream house. We returned to Whidbey Island, WA, where we live, and, try as we might, we just couldn't get that property out of our minds. We returned two months later, to either make an offer or chalk it up to a whim. We found a property next door, with an even more spectacular view of Villarrica Lake and the volcano. We purchased seven acres and built what really did turn out to be our dream house, in one of the most breathtakingly beautiful spots on earth. The owner of the house we so admired is now our best friend in Chile, as well as our neighbor. We built a lovely caretaker's home, continue to plant gorgeous flowers, native trees and bushes, fruit trees, and a steward a large organic garden.We have recently expanded our land, and added a small flock of sheep. It helps that Judyth got a degree in Spanish literature and Bob is avidly improving his Spanish. Everyone who has stayed in our home has fallen in love with it, and it has been a joy to share our dream. When we are away from Gracias a La Vida, we miss it, as one misses a lover. Once you are there, you will understand what we mean.
Why the Owner Chose Pucón, Pucón, Araucanía Region, Chile:
We read in a sea kayaking magazine about a fabulous trip to the Chilean fiords. It was even more beautiful than we had imagined. We toured Chile a bit (Judyth was there in 1970, but it was Bob's first trip), traveled around the Argentine Lake District as well, then ended the southern portion of the trip in Pucon. Despite only being there for four days, everything happened so quickly that we couldn't even keep up with it. We found a sublime home with a dynamite view, then had to leave a day later. We halfway hoped the idea would fly out of our minds, but it didn't. So, we returned a couple of months later and, after searching from dawn to dusk for two weeks, were shown the property next door to the home we had considered. The moment was stepped on the land, we just knew! It took us another couple of years to build the road, dig the well, and complete our house and our caretakers' home. All of this from 7000 miles away!
The Unique Benefits at this House:
The view, the view, the view!! The shimmering water of the huge lake, the smoldering, snow-capped volcano; the countless stars of the Milky Way from our rooftop deck and hot tub; the delicious grilled chicken, lamb, and veggies grilled in our 'pancho'; the riotous cosmos, dahlias, lilies, lavender; the dream kitchen alive with color; the great mattresses and soft sheets ; more hikes and hot springs and restaurants than we could name; the honking Chilean geese; the elusive, green lorakeets, who show up now and then. Inviting good friends over for delicious, home-cooked meals from the garden and wonderful Chilean wine; our golden retrievers romping around the property; the calves frolicking in the pasture next door. Showering with the most awesome view of a smoldering volcano. Buying delicious fresh or smoked salmon from the local fishmongers.Trying out new, gourmet pizza recipes in our brick, outdoor pizza oven. Attending top-notch yoga, Pilates, and Zumba classes just ten minutes away. Strolling on the beach all by ourselves. Kayaking on Lake Villarrica with outrageous views everywhere, and no other paddlers in sight. Staying toasty with the Bosca woodstove or visiting one of the numerous local hot springs on a rainy day. Picking delicious, healthy, organic salads and fresh herbs right from our own garden and greenhouses. Eating the wonderful, fresh cheese that you can buy on practically every corner in Pucon. Greeting our cheerful cuidador (caretaker) each morning as he asks each of us, unfailingly, 'Como amanecio?'meaning 'How did you wake up?'
- Primary: (360) 221-7715
Links to more information:
Luxury Home with Panoramic 360 View of Lake and Volcano in Park-Like Setting
Dramatic Alpenglow On Volcan Villarrica- View from Our Front Door
Panoramic Lake and Mountain View from Our Brick Terrace
This Could Be You In Our Amazing 360-Degree View Rooftop Spa!
Luxurious Lounging, Amazing Art, Cornucopia of Colors in the Living/Dining Room.
Fabulous, Fully-Equipped Kitchen Overlooking the Volcano
Enjoy Grilled Lamb Chilean-Style with Some Great Vino Chileno!
Master Bathroom: Shiny Mexican Copper Sinks, Custom Mirrors, Ecuadorian Folk Art
Sunny Poppy Bedroom: Stunning Lake, Volcano & Sunset Views
Visit the Volcanic Caves 15 Minutes from Our Home!
Our Pot of Gold at the End of the Rainbow! In Spanish: Arco Iris
Enjoy A Spectacular Sunset Over Lake Villarrica from Our Rooftop Terrace!
Welcome to Your Luxurious Chilean View Home Away From Home !
Ethereal Clouds Late Spring From Our Terrace
Unobstructed Up-Close and Personal View of Villarrica Volcano
If We Made It to the Top of Volcan Villarrica in 2014, So Can You!
Elegant View Dining Room for Eight with Indigenous Art
Create Your Own Favorite Pizza and Bake in Our Wood-Fired, Brick Pizza Oven!
Mapuche Master Bedroom Suite with Sweeping Lake & Mountain View, Great Bedding!
Sunflower Bedroom with Fabulous Lake View, Queen Bed, Shared Bath
Our Friendly Caretakers, Nelson & Ana Maria Will Make You Feel At Home
Lots of Hiking Near Pucón!
Breathtaking Snowy, Winter Wonderland! Ski, snowboard, cuddle, soak in our spa.
Raft the Trancura River Just Outside of Pucón!
This listing was first published here in 2007.
Date last modified - Saturday, January 14, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.