The cabin is named "Eagle's Perch" for a good reason: It's one of the highest cabins in the resort, and the views are absolutely spectacular! You will love the cathedral ceilings and tall windows in this charming open-plan cabin complete with stone fireplace, hardwood floors, pool table, and three decks overlooking the Great Smoky Mountains.
Eagle's Perch has four bedrooms and three bathrooms split across three levels. Two of the bedrooms are Kings, two are Queens. Two of these also include comfy double futons, plus there is a sleeper sofa in the living room. The upper bedroom is my favorite, with vaulted ceilings, a private bathroom, and a private deck! The ground floor bedroom also has a private deck, and there are two more on the lower floor that share a bathroom and another deck. You'll find the kitchen well-equipped with the usual appliances, cookware and utensils, plus complimentary gourmet Keurig coffee, hot cocoa, and a selection of English, Chinese, and herbal teas. The cabin has unlimited internet and WiFi, however being up in the mountains, the speed is poor, it's best for email and light web surfing, and definitely not streaming video.
So after a long day at Dollywood, the Great Smoky Mountains, Pigeon Forge or Gatlinburg, enjoy cozying up in front of the fire or relaxing on one of the THREE decks and enjoy the majestic views of the Smoky Mountains with a cold beer, a glass of wine, or a hot cup of coffee or tea. Then head down to the game room for a game of pool or darts, or out to the hot tub to watch the sunset. Later in the evening, enjoy a movie on one of the EIGHT flat screen TV's each with Satellite TV and DVD players.
The cabin is privately owned and managed by me and my wife -- no Property Managers here! If you have a problem you call and I answer the phone personally, not some call center who-knows-where. The cabin was recently renovated; we replaced the upper deck and railings, added a new coat of stain on all railings, bought new furniture and brand-new bedding, pillows, towels, rugs, appliances, and much more.
Eagle's Perch is one of the highest cabins in the resort, which is why it has AWESOME views. Because of this, the last 200 feet of road is pretty steep. If you're not used to mountain roads, you may find it a bit scary the first time. But rest assured, after a couple of times you'll feel like a pro -- they all do! Front-wheel drive or all-wheel drive cars perform best in the Smoky Mountains. Two-wheel drive pickup trucks don't do well because all the weight is in the front and so the rear wheels can spin. Low-clearance sporty-type cars may scrape their front spoilers at the base of the drive. If you are renting a car, a full-size front-wheel drive is suggested.
Winter bookings: Snow is rare and usually melts quickly. But if you're staying in January or February, 4WD or AWD is highly recommended just in case. Although rare, be aware that if there is snow on the ground when you arrive, you *WILL* need a 4WD or AWD to get up the driveway.
Trip insurance is recommended, especially in the winter. There are no refunds for weather, although in the unlikely event you cannot make it to the cabin we will allow you to reschedule your stay for another time.
We are close to everything!
- 5 miles to Dollywood
- 6 miles to Pigeon Forge
- 9 miles to Gatlinburg
- 13 miles to the Great Smoky Mountains National Park
- Parking: There is guaranteed parking for two cars at the cabin. There is overflow parking for a couple more within a few hundred yards. Please see the parking map in the listing photos for more details.
- Security: There are outside security cameras that automatically record audio and video of the front entrance of the property. The cameras do not point toward windows or the spa.
- Wheelchairs: This cabin is not suitable for full-time wheelchair-bound guests due to the steep driveway and parking areas.
- Access: The front door has an electronic lock, you will be provided the code a few days before check-in.
- Internet: Getting high-speed internet in the mountains is a real challenge. The cabin has WiFi and unlimited internet, however the speed is poor and it is only suitable for email and light web surfing, not for video streaming or gaming.
- BBQ: There is a small BBQ grill mounted in the front yard for your use. Please note that it's outside and it's just not feasible to clean it between every guest, so you may need to clean it before use, depending on how the last guest left it. Charcoal is not provided.
- Well water: The cabin is served by a well, which while clean and safe, is not always to everyone's taste. So if you like soft water, we suggest you bring bottled water for drinking. Water pressure can sometimes be intermittent, please be patient.
- The Ground Floor has one bedroom with a private deck, and a bathroom across the hall. The kitchen, dining, and living room areas are also on this floor, as is the front door.
- On the Upper Floor, there is one bedroom with a private bathroom and a private deck.
- In the Basement, there is Game Room and two bedrooms. One bedroom has a private deck and access to the bathroom which also has a door to the hallway. The other bedroom accesses the bathroom across the hall.
Well, what are you waiting for? Your Great Smoky Mountain vacation awaits! :)