Welcome to Albas, charming medieval village bathed in sunshine, nestled in the heart of Corbières in Cathar country, between the Mediterranean and the Pyrenees. François, who fell in love with the area and its inhabitants 20 years ago, finally decided to establish his family holiday home there.
That's why La Gerlache, ideally located at the entrance of the village, offers all the space and charm to welcome your family or friends throughout the year, thanks to its 3 bedrooms and its independent studio. The villa is ground floor and well equipped.
http: // blog. audetourisme. com / to-back-to-back Albas-nen-no / #. WODrsHy-JMK
Lovers of walking or cycling, relaxation and disconnection, you will also find the pleasures of the pool and idleness under the blue sky of Corbières.
Description of the village: Albas is a wonderful little village of 70 inhabitants, the vineyards are drawn between the majestic rocks and the wild scrubland typical of the Mediterranean. The village is quiet and yet, in summer, this little paradise lives to the rhythm of holidaymakers, his small place welcomes people wishing to have a drink in the evening, eat a barbecue, participate in a game of petanque .. And all this in the joy and good mood of young and old. The nap time is sacred. Street vendors bring you fresh baguettes in the morning, fruits and vegetables, ... Locals will be happy to show you their crops, including the unique and unique tomatoes will make you happy!
From mid-July, every Tuesday evening: grilling on the village square, each brings a small supplement, which we share with the people present (if you want!) and for a few euros, you can savor the grilled meats masterfully prepared by the 'specialists' of the village, a privileged moment where we go to meet the natives. Every Friday: pétanque contest for young and old, we play with family, friends or you always find one or the other to 'team up' if you are alone!
A shepherdess settled in the scrubland of Albas, she invites you to share her passion and organizes very professionally, a natural breakfast where you will discover the exciting life of Florence and her sheep. Very interesting and quite rare now, we recommend you do not miss this opportunity.
Activities in the area ...: Not far from our village, distractions are not lacking! Here are some ideas for escapades:
- An excursion to the sea (35km), with its long sandy beaches and impressive cliffs.
- An original tasting of oysters from Leucate, renowned for their incomparable finesse and freshness, at the center of oyster farming, a typical and authentic place.
- Wine lovers will find happiness when visiting the many cellars. Winemakers proud of their production: Fitou, Corbières ... generously serve the fruit of their harvest by passionately commenting on the tasting.
- A desire to change country! Spain is not far, 1 hour to reach the border, change of scenery.
- And of course, do not forget the visit of the Cathar castles and the no less famous city of Carcassonne.
Local gastronomy: Gastronomy is also very present, good local and fresh products that can be found in different markets, including Narbonne (and its beautiful halls!), as well as Lézignan, where local producers offer seafood and land on Wednesdays.
At 5 km from Albas is a restaurant 'three stars' in the Michelin guide: the inn of the old well in Fonjoncouse.
- The African Reserve of Sigean, donkey rides in Fonjoncouse.
- Terra Vinéa in Portel des Corbières where the winemakers created a winery at 80 meters deep, under the Corbières massif in a former gypsum mine.
- the magnificent gorges of Galamus, Colioure, Narbonne, Cucugnan, Perpignan, Port-la-Nouvelle, the salines of Gruissan and so many other charming places to discover, a few minutes drive!