Explore Crested Butte’s historic charm and ski fresh powder, but come home to nature, mountain views, and 36+ acres of pure tranquility. Our 5,112 sqft, 5-bedroom, 5-bath house with 13-beds offers incredible unobstructed views of Crested Butte and the West Elk Mountain Range. Perched above downtown CB on a 36+ acre lot in a private, gated neighborhood only 10 minutes from town, this newly remodeled and professionally decorated home was designed to provide guests with the ultimate luxury mountain experience. Come enjoy everything Crested Butte has to offer during any season in a modern-mountain getaway that is perfect for entertaining 2-3 large families with kids. Recently listed to VRBO in late 2018.
The huge 360-degree wrap-around porch includes an outdoor gas grill and a hot tub with amazing views surrounded by trees. Each of the 4 bedrooms upstairs have an en-suite bathroom, and an exterior door with direct access to the wrap-around porch. These bedrooms include the master with jacuzzi, mini-master, king room and twin room. The floating chefs kitchen has mountain views with two Jenn-Air ovens, an over-sized Sub Zero refrigerator/freezer, and all the required cooking appliance/utensils to ensure a fantastic in-home dinning experience. Other amenities upstairs include remote-controlled gas fireplace in the living room, with a 75" 4k TV mounted above, and beautiful 30 foot high ceilings in the living room, kitchen, and dining room with skylights and custom beam work.
Also located upstairs is the office. The office has a printer/scanner, 30" monitor, keyboard, and mouse for easy hookup to your laptop. Fiber Internet with super-fast WiFi throughout the entire house with speeds of 100mbs+. In addition, fantastic 4G/LTE cellphone service throughout the house and property.
The 5th bedroom is located downstairs and is the bunkroom. This is perfect for the kids and has 8 total beds (4 fulls and 4 twins), and a full bath. Also downstairs is a gameroom lounge for the kids with video games and a 65” 4K TV, as well as a large laundry room, and a 1,400 sqft heated garage with room to park 1 vehicle during your stay. Tesla EV charger in the garage.
A great summertime perk of this location is hiking access to Green Lake Trail right from the house. This is a beautiful 7 mile, 3 hour, round-trip hike from the front door that ends at a beautiful lake at the base of Mount Axtell. If you would like to walk to downtown Crested Butte from the house, it takes one hour and is a 3 mile downhill walk on the Green Lake Trail.
Amenities for kids - 2 highchairs, 1 booster seat, 1 pack-and-play crib, tons of toys, books, board games, video games, movies, 3 pair of snow-shoes, 12 sleds, miscellaneous sporting goods - tennis racquets, basketball, football, volleyball, frisbees, etc.
- Feel at home, enjoy the views and please give us the opportunity to try and solve any problem you may have. We are on call/email 24/7 and our property manager lives 10 min away.
- Maximum amount of people is 10 adults and 8 kids (18 total). This is strictly enforced. If you exceed this number due to a few extra children, please send me a message when requesting to book and we can work something out.
- Only conformed registered guests are permitted in our home. No extra guests or visitors after booking unless prior written approval from host.
- 4 vehicles maximum allowed on the property. No trailers or campers allowed.
- No animals/pets allowed.
- No smoking allowed.
- No parties or events. This is a family-friendly quiet house.
- No public transportation is available for this house.
- The ski-mountain base area is a +/- 22 minute drive from the house. It takes 10 minutes to get to downtown CB and then another 12 minutes to get to the base area.
- In the wintertime you need to have a 4-wheel drive vehicle to manage the snow/ice, but in the summertime a 2-wheel drive vehicle is fine.
- In the wintertime our property managers handle all snow removal for the road and driveway free of charge for our guests.
- We have multiple exterior surveillance cameras and additional surveillance cameras in the garage and mechanical room.
- Guests must use the stairs to access the living quarters on the second level. Not ADA accessible.
- You SAVE 9.5% on taxes when booking this property compared to downtown CB properties that have an additional short-term rental tax.