Proud recipient of the 'Niagara on the Lake Celebration of Heritage' award for preservation of a historical property. This is a pristine Canadian Victorian farmhouse built in 1850 by the family of Jeremiah Hoyt, a run-away Quaker slave who arrived in Niagara-on-the-Lake via the underground railroad.
The house is beautifully restored. Full of antiques, hardwood floors, lace curtains -- and central AC!
And best of all, there is a magnificent studio upright piano. It's a work of art: intricately carved mahogany. In excellent voice. Tuned twice each year. Made in nearby Guelph, Ontario in 1905; owned by one family for most of its life.
This is a serene retreat located on a full half acre of park-like private gardens, patio, deck and porch in historic Old Town of Niagara-on-the-Lake. It's located six blocks from shops, theaters, restaurants, community tennis and swimming. Wineries, golf and antique shops are minutes away. The property is licensed by the Town of Niagara-on-the-Lake.
Rates start $295 per night in high season, with a 3 night minimum. Stay for 7 nights receive a discounted weekly rate! Note: this is an adult only rental.