The apartment "POCO DOS NEGROS" is ideally situated to know Lisbon. You are the neighborhood of Santa Catarina, in the historic center of the city. It is within 5 minutes walk from the famous nightlife of the Bairro Alto, 10 minutes shopping streets of Chiado, Baixa and Avenida da Liberdade, and 20/25 minutes from the Castle of Lisbon and the labyrinthine streets Alfama.
You are really close to most historical places and if you want to go further you also have all the transports nearby: metro (10min), bus, taxis, the typical tram 28 (in front of the door - 50m) and also the train stations trains (15 min) to the Cascais coast and to the beautiful city of Sintra.
- There is parking at 100 meters which costs only 13 € / day
- There is a grocery store next to the door and supermarket at 300 meters (rua de São Bento).
You can view the location on Googlemaps (address is "Rua do Poço dos Negros, 23, Lisbon").
This is a very well furnished, spacious, comfortable and practical, with 3 rooms.
This is the third floor WITHOUT elevator. The stairs are easy to fit but of course it is not recommended for travelers with mobility problems.
The breakdown is as follows:
- A fairly large living room with windows and balcony overlooking the street Poço dos Negros where one can see the famous tram 28. Here there is a table for 8 people, sofa and television.
- Bedroom # 1 with 1 window and balcony to the street. Here there are two single beds.
- Bedroom # 2 (inner) is the smallest room with a double bed.
- Bedroom # 3 with a window overlooking the rear of the building. Here there is a double bed and a work corner with table and chair. There is space to put a single bed not included.
- Fully equipped kitchen with seating for a small meal.
- Bathroom with shower / bath.
- There are 2 extra folding beds that can be put in the living room or another room.
The apartment is very well equipped for a comfortable stay, with all that you may need:
- Towels and sheets for all guests, hairdryer.
- A fully equipped kitchen with: washing machine, dishwasher, microwave, hob, oven, refrigerator with freezer, some basic products (salt, oil, etc.), toaster, kettle, coffee maker, Nespresso coffee, cooking utensils, iron and ironing board, etc.
- Heating - electric heating in every room and in the living room and toilet.
- Cable TV with international channels (French included), some games, radio / CD, connection for MP3 player, internet with Wi-Fi (free).
Choose a legal apartment!
This apartment is registered officially with the Tourism of Portugal and respects the Portuguese laws on the seasonal hiring.
OTHER RENTAL INFORMATION:
WHAT IS INCLUDED
- The linen is provided (towels, duvets, sheets, ...). We will prepare beds for the number of guests indicated in the reservation.
- There is no cleaning service. We leave a stock of some items like toilet paper or detergent, but when it's over it's up to you to take more.
- Power Limitations - Apartments in older buildings do not have a lot of electrical energy unless the building has been renovated very recently. If you turn on too many heaters or other high-powered electrical equipment at the same time (such as washing machine, hair dryer, toaster, etc.) the main breaker will trip. This is normal and all you have to do is go to the electrical panel and replace the main breaker.
- Help save electricity! Turn off heaters, television, lights, and other electrical equipment when you are outside the home. In winter, live like a local - do not overheat the house!
- Houses in Lisbon do not usually have central heating. We use electric or gas heaters. We do not heat our homes much in winter, unlike other northern countries, because most old buildings are not well insulated and gas and electricity are very expensive. For us, it's very strange to be in a t-shirt and shorts in the house in winter. We wear warmer clothes and heat just enough to be comfortable.
SILENCE SCHEDULE AND GOOD NEIGHBORHOOD
- You can stay in this apartment only if you are neighbors respectful.
- It is obligatory to respect the SCHEDULE OF SILENCE. By Portuguese law you can not make neighborhood noise from 23:00 to 08:00. During this period it is strictly forbidden to make noise in the building (stairs, apartment, balconies, windows). No music or high TV, heels, scream, laugh and talk very loud, etc. Be particularly careful by gently closing the door from the building's street and up the stairs when you come back late at night. Even outside this time you should always pay attention to the neighbors. Remember that the sound insulation in these old buildings is very poor. Please avoid loud noises at all times. Parties are strictly forbidden.
- Always close the street door when entering or leaving the building.
- Take the trash out, in a closed plastic bag. There are containers in the streets near the apartment. The bins are collected during the night.
- We are very flexible and will try to adapt to your arrival time. You can usually arrive from 11:30 to drop off your luggage and collect the keys. In any case, please note that the house may not be clean and ready before 3pm and 4pm and you should not stay there while cleaning. The only way to be sure of having the apartment ready early in the morning is to book the night before.
- We always try to arrive before you to the apartment and not to make you wait. But sometimes it's impossible, there are unforeseen or delays that are out of our control and we can not avoid. If that happens do not worry and thank you in advance for your understanding. No one has ever been left outside! :)
- For arrivals after 20:00, there is a "late arrival fee" of 10 € to be paid in cash to the person doing the check-in. For arrivals after 23:00 is 20 € and after 1:00 is 30 €.
- The latest possible to leave the apartment is at 11:00. From 11:00 the maids can arrive and enter the apartment. Sometimes it is possible to leave your luggage in the house until later. If you want to pack up the luggage until later than 11am, please check with us 1 or 2 days in advance.
- The apartment is on the third floor, no elevator like most old buildings in the center of Lisbon. Therefore, it is not suitable for wheelchair users or persons with reduced mobility.
Most travelers here have not had any problems with street noise and neighbors. However, you should note the following:
- The sound insulation in these old buildings is very small compared to modern buildings. It is possible to hear the sounds of neighbors, especially the neighbors above.
- You can hear people and the sounds of the street when you open the windows.