Artist House-Lower (Historic District) Courtyard(22 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:3-5 nights
- Property type:House
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
About the Property
2 BR , 1 bathroom, 2 .5 blocks to Forsyth Park
Immerse yourself in the graciousness of this circa 1864 historic two story house, converted into two separate apartments. This house was originally built by a railroad clerk for his family during the heyday of Savannah's railroading. It was completely restored by a local artist and converted into two spacious single family Condos. This house is located just steps away from Forsyth park where you can pick up one of the guided trolley tours.[The free CAT trolly is 2 blocks away.
It is convenient to sightseeing such as the Mercer-Williams house (Midnight in the Garden), the four star Mansion hotel and restaurant, fine art galleries, boutiques, restaurants, the civic center, city market and SCAD buildings. It is perfect for local events such as the Jazz/Blues festival, Picnic in the park, both at Forsyth park, BBQ and Blues at the Roundhouse (historic railroad station). It is convenient to the Savannah film Festival, Folk Music festival.
The kitchen boasts the original walk-in fireplace, rustic pine floors, antique table and chairs for your dining pleasure. A french door opens onto the spacious courtyard. It is cheerfully decorated and is fully furnished with refrigerator, dishwasher, microwave, toaster oven, stove, utensils, cookware, spices, coffee maker, coffee and tea, and bar essentials.
You can enjoy the private double well-landscaped courtyard which features wrought iron furniture, table, chairs & an electric grill.
A picnic basket, blanket, & small cooler are provided to take a walk to the park for a picnic. A beach bag w/towels(2), bocce balls are provided for the beach.
3 bikes with locks are available for touring downtown.
Guests staying 5 nights or more we welcome with a complimentary bottle of wine.
Inquire for off-season rates Dec-Jan. weekly/monthly. We love snowbirds!
Short term vacation rental certificate # SVR-00004
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Learn more
Member since: 2006
- 1000 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Children Welcome
- Suitable For Elderly Or Infirm
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4, Beds for 4
- The savvy interior of the bedrooms will provide a comfortable nights rest. The master bedroom has a period mahogany queen bedroom set with his and her dressers, silk oriental rugs, fireplace (decorative), ceiling fan and closet. Bedroom two has an antique deluxe twin spindle and trundle bed(s), comfortable for two people. Crib/pack and play by Graco is also available - please inquire....moreless
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
- **This home features soaring ceiling, heart pine floors, original window and doors. The living room is handsomely decorated with antiques and artwork by local artists and owner. The room will welcome you with comfortable furniture, marble fireplace, stereo/CD player, TV/DVD, WiFi, and an assortment of Savannah related movies, music and books, wood fireplace, music library featuring music by local musicians, full kitchen, gas/electric BBQ grill: large George Foreman electric grill in courtyard, smoking Not Allowed: only in courtyard, park for walking or jogging, playing Frisbee, picnicking, basketball court and tennis.**The kitchen boasts the original walk-in fireplace, rustic pine floors, antique table and chairs for your dining pleasure. A French door opens onto the spacious courtyard. It is cheerfully decorated and is fully furnished with refrigerator, dishwasher, microwave, toaster oven, stove, utensils, cookware, spices, coffee maker, coffee and tea, Biscotti and bar essentials.**...moreless
- Games For Kids
- Music Library:
- Satellite / Cable
- Tourist Attractions
- Coin Laundry
- Live Theater
- Sight Seeing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Basketball Court
- Water Skiing
- Dining Area
- Seating for 4 people
- Air Conditioning
- Alarm Clock
- Basic Soaps
- Ceiling Fans
- Clothes Dryer:
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Local Activities Guide
- Local Restaurant Guide
- Coffee Maker:
- Cooking Utensils:
- Dishes & Utensils
- Pantry Items
- Beach Chairs
- Beach Towels
- Deck / Patio
- Lawn / Garden
- Outdoor Grill
- Small Cooler
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Mar 12 - Mar 18, 2017
5 night min stay
rock n roll marathon
Nov 2 - Nov 6, 2017
4 night min stay
My Standard Rate
3 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- cleaning $75
- Refundable Damage Deposit $100
- Tax Rate 13%
Holidays require 4 nt. minimum stay
Owner's cancellation policy:
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
- Primary: +1 9123088875
Links to more information:
- CLICK HERE - Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Artist Townhouse, built 1854, with courtyard gate
Living Room, full sofa and love seat, flat screen 36' TV
Kitchen, entrance to courtyard
Artwork above kitchen walk-in kitchen Fireplace
Master BR with mahogany queen bed
stained glass in guest bedroom
4 bikes to cruise downtown area
Courtyard- dining area for grilling or having your morning coffee
Entance to house, circa 1854
LR fireplace mantle, original artwork by owner
LR, antique gold leaf entrance mirror
kitchen sink area with local handcrafted flowers
Master BR with queen mahogany bed, matching dressers
Marble FP in master bedroom with original artwork by owner
guest BR, 2 twin beds
Courtyard -well landscaped sitting area for enjoying an evening cocktail
This listing was first published here in 2007.
Date last modified - Monday, February 27, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.