In the quaint village of marena, typical rustic house built in 1873 and totally renovated in 2011, keeping the characteristics of the place. Stone walls, wooden ceilings and beams in solid larch wood high-quality, precious tiles and rooms with solid oak flooring, kitchen with stone fireplace, small living room, master bedroom with iron bed and two windows, one with access to balcony, second bedroom with two single beds, main bathroom with bathtub, second bathroom with shower, large terrace and balcony with view over the center of the lake. And then for the warm days, a fresh tavern with table and sofas, wine cellar with vaulted ceiling and rock in view, will make you spend a nice day to taste wines and typical products of the lake.
- english, french, italian
- Calendar last updated:
- Dec 8, 2018
Check-in: 3:30 PM
Check-out: 10:00 AM
Canceled bookings will not receive a refund
I would agree with all the previous positive feedback. The property is as described, in a great location on the hillside giving fantastic lake views. Omar is an excellent host and on hand should you need him.
Fantastic rustic charm with a priceless view.
Wonderful welcome from Omar and his family.
Beautiful rustic house that was immaculate inside and out. Fantastic views over the lake.
Great quiet location to relax.
Many thanks Omar.
Fantastic house with amazing view (Sue and Nic Carter, Sydney, Australia)
We had an amazing time in Omar's house near the lake. We were welcomed by him and his parents like long lost family and it is very obvious how house proud the family is. The house was impeccably clean and extremely well equipped. We were 4 adults and there was plenty of space! We didn't wish for anything.
We loved the view of the lake and mountains and the close proximity to Mennagio and great walking tracks. Highly recommend this place. If it wasn't so far to travel, we would stay there over and over again. We imagine it would be great in winter too, with central heating and an open fire place, it would be very cozy.
Thanks Omar and your parents for a fantastic holiday.
Beautiful holiday garanteed
We found the house of Omar exactly as described. It is located in a perfectly quiet neighborhood, very well equipped and absolutely clean. Omar and his family are very nice people and gave all the help needed for making our stay comfortable. We enjoyed our holiday a lot and would recommend this place to everybody.
One of the best we ever hadt
Fantastiko familie, fantastiko apartment, fantastiko vue lago Como!
Beautiful stay in beautiful location
We were very well received by Omar and his wife in this beautiful house.
It is very clean and neatly cared for, everything is equipped (even large freezer and washing machine) and it is very spacious.
The cool cellar (with daylight) is also an advantage.
It is located in a quiet area and you have a beautiful view over Lake Como.
There is also a very good Wifi connection.
We had a very pleasant holiday!
Fam. Geukens, Belgium
HISTORICALOUTLINE Rezzonico, is the lakeside hamlet built on the slopes of a promontory above which towers a 14th century castle. It is rimmed with sunny cliffs, natural beaches, and ancient archways and there are three ancient guard gates which probably date back to the 12th or 13th century. Close to the lake you can see two 18th century buildings whose portals display the coat of arms of the powerful Della Torre family. The name Rezzonico may originate from the Rhaetic people who lived here, from “Rhaeto”, an Etrurian captain who lived in the area or from the local term “risciulada” which indicates the cobblestone paving so typical of this village. Rezzonico could have been founded by the orobians, by the etrurians or by some of the gaul tribes (Celts and Senons), traces of them all having been found in several sites. We know for certain that the romans also settled here as testified by the famous roman historian Tito Livio. Two tablets with latin inscriptions (one now in Milan, the other in Menaggio), together with remanants of a massive wall,two fortifications and the road called “Strada Regina” also date back to roman times. Interesting and mysterious rock inscriptions have also been found in the woody areas bet- ween Roncate, Soriano and Vezzedo di Cremia. They belong to an ancient, unknown past and are still being exa- mined by experts and lovers of local history for their anthropological relevance.THE PARISH CHURCH AND OTHER MONUMENTS SANTA MARIA ASSUNTA Santa Maria Assunta, the historical parish church, is situa- ted very close to the lake. It was built in the 15th century on the site of a preceding church consecrated to the Holy Virgin, which, in turn (according to reliable sources) was built on the ruins of a pagan temple. The parish church,consecrated to Santa Maria Assunta, was built between 1464 and 1474 by the Dominicans. Romanesque elements can be detected in the bell tower. On the front of the church a large white marble portal shows decorations and symbols representing the Passion; on the left a high relief made of white marble from Musso shows the Holy Virgin with the Christ Child. Inside, the first chapel on the right hosts a portray of Our Lady of Mercy decorated by Sigismondo de Magistris in 1541. The decorations of the Triumphal Arc with the Assumption of the Virgin Mary were painted by artists belonging to the de Magistris’s school. The 2ndand 4thchapels show frescoes of Dominican saints and date back to 1579. The painting portraying the assumption of the Virgin Mary between S. Sebastian and S. Rocco was presumably painted by Agostino Calvi. The chapel of the Crucifixion; first chapel on the left, was decorated by artists from the Aurelio Luini’s school, while Giovanni Pietro Gnocchi built the high altar piece in 1578. The vault and sides of the presbitery, depicting episodes of the life of the Holy Virgin, were frescoed by Michelangelo Carminati in the mid-1590s when he also painted the decorations of the first chapel on the right which shows Moses ordering water to flow from rocks. The “scagliola” used to make the front of the little chapels dates back to the 17thcentury. The baptismal font is in white marble from Musso and dates back to 1511; its bas-reliefs representing the fight between life and death. Set in the wall on the left of the presbytery is a late renaissance marble tabernacle.THE ROMAN FORTRESS Along the main road, on the right-hand side of the church, visitors will face an imposing six metre high wall. In the past it embraced the church itself and the “piazza”. Scholars believe (and recent excavations seems to agree) this wall to be what is left of an old fortress built to keep control of inland and water trade along the ancient “Strada Regina”.
THE “CASTELLACCIO” Alittle north from the roman fortress on a hillock guarding the village of Rezzonico is the “Castellaccio”. The remains of an ancient four-sided tower and some large walls which in the past probably joined the roman fortress to the south and the walls of Rezzonico to the north. Local legends link these remains to the mischevious deeds of a mysterious country gentleman of Spanish descent called “Il Ficano”. . MUSEUM OFRURALLIFE Conserved within the rural house of Carcente,NATURE WALKSW walking along the paths which lead from one hamlet to unique ancient buldings and to enjoy lovely views of undisturbed natural scenery
Check-in 15.30 - 20 o’clock Check-out by 10:00 am HEATING HOUSE , INCLUDED IN THE PRICE.