-Custom single family home
-Steps to sand, surf and pier
-1 block to San Clemente's 'Del Mar District' with dozens of unique boutique shops, restaurants, wine bars and live entertainment
-Large well appointed Chef's kitchen complete with most all culinary tools you may need
-Beach gear included - soft learner surfboards and plenty of boogie boards, sand toys, beach chairs, umbrellas and more
-Kid friendly - large open playroom, 2 indoor swings & 60' zipline
-Elderly friendly (downstairs 'mother-in-law suite' included)
Located in the heart of San Clemente's most desirable 'Pier Bowl' and 'Del Mar' shopping/dining district, only one street over from main street, steps from the sand... an ideal gathering place for family vacations in SoCal! Short walking distance to everything - just 1 block away from all of the excellent restaurants, wine bars and unique boutique shops on Avenida Del Mar. Or step in the sand just minutes from walking out the door...a brief 2-3 minute stroll will get you both!
Central location for exploring southern California by car. Located right in the middle of Los Angeles and San Diego (approx. 45 minutes either way). Disneyland, Legoland, Sea World, and the San Diego Wild Animal Park are all within a short drive. It's also just a short walk from the house to the Metrolink train station at the pier.
- Beautiful old-growth cherry hardwood floors all throughout the house
- Open floor plan is relaxing and ideal for groups vacationing together - open up the double doors at the front patio and backyard for a seamless indoor/outdoor flow throughout.
- Large professional kitchen with top of the line appliances will accommodate most any chef
- Peak ocean views from one of three upstairs balconies.
- One and one-half baths downstairs and two full baths upstairs with an oversized double shower in the master.
- Master bedroom and two other bedrooms are located upstairs.
- A 4th bedroom is located downstairs - it's just off the kitchen and can be locked off from the rest of the house while having its own full bath, backyard and kitchen access (considered a 'mother-in-law suite').
- Two INDOOR swings with full range of movement located in a large upstairs playroom with high vaulted ceilings.
- Dozens of board games, dress-up clothes, play kitchen, toys etc.
- Dedicated kid's art room.
- Upright piano.
- High-speed wireless internet with range extender.
- Large HD wide-screen TV with cable service and Blu-Ray DVD player with dozens of movies on site.
- Fun 60-foot zip-line and two-story playhouse in the backyard.
- Elevated patio/lounge area with pergola and oversized hammock.
- Exterior hot water shower for rinsing off after the beach.
Beds: Sleeps 7 to 12 comfortably in beds – 1 King, 2 Queens, 3 Twins, 1 Toddler Bed, multiple day beds and fold flat couches. There's plenty of large couch space throughout the house as well.
Backyard: The slate stone hardscaped backyard is 900 square feet and has a large natural gas grill, a 2-story playhouse in one corner, the pictured deck with arbor on the other side, an outdoor shower and zip-line just around the corner (zip-line goes down one side of the house and ends at the arbor). The lighting is great at night with dimmable controls over the arbor and outdoor teak dining table. A wood burning fire pit that can be moved to wherever you need it to go. If the nights get a little chilly there is a movable restaurant-style propane fueled outdoor patio heater on site as well.
Beach trail: San Clemente completed building a great pedestrian beach trail just a few years ago. It runs all along the coast for about 2.2 miles and can be accessed just down the steps from the house. At the north end of the trail is North Beach - here you can rent bikes for use around town and on the trail. At the south end of the trail is Calafia State Beach with world famous surf break Trestles a little further beyond.