Fantastic Location on Beautiful Lake Michigan. Sunsets.(0 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:3-7 nights
- Property type:House
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:N/A
About the Property
House, 4 Bedrooms, 2.5 Baths, (Sleeps 8)
House is set on 125+ feet of sandy beach on Lake Michigan, and overlooks both North and South Manitou islands. Panoramic views. Beautiful sunsets. Quiet street, easy walk to center of town: shops, restaurants, grocery store, Fishtown, and ferries to the islands. Walking distance to anywhere in Leland. Worthwhile day-trips (via car) include hiking to Sleeping Bear National Seashore, Pyramid Point and experiencing the spectacular view there, or using the car to wind through Pierce Stocking Drive - with a couple of must-see and panoramic stops along the way.
Home features warm pine paneling, with a designer kitchen, an adjoining breakfast nook, living room, a covered porch, and an outside deck. Upstairs and off the master bedroom is a balcony overlooking Lake Michigan. Spectacular views and sunsets await. House is peaceful and quiet.
Covered front-porch outside has two chairs, nice for "watching the world go by."
More lawn chairs are available outside for reading, relaxing, and gazing at Lake Michigan. Quiet and peaceful.
Bedrooms are as pictured, with one exception: the downstairs and street-side converted maid's room has a day-bed with trundle underneath. This room is best suited (under "truth in advertising") for patient adults and/or children.
One more thing: this house is not your typical bare-bones rental property. It's my home and is furnished as such. You'll be comfortable here. You can find cheaper rates elsewhere, and if you want to relax in a real HOME in a terrific LOCATION, this particular property is the one for you and your party. I like to take good care of my guests and try to walk the extra mile for them; you'll enjoy your time here.
September and October are spectacular in Leland: crowds are thinner, usually warmer cays and cooler nights, tree colors abound in October. Reduced rates after Labor Day.
Thanks for looking me over.
Location, location, location.
Keywords: Classic Lake Michigan Vacation Home
When you're ready to book, here are some things to keep in mind
We recommend you complete your booking on VRBO or ask the owner to send you a payment request through VRBO.Verify your payment method
Member since: 2007
- 3000 sq. ft.
- Max. occupancy 10
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
Bedrooms: 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10, Beds for 8-10
- Master BR upstairs, lakeside, king bed, private bath with shower and large soak tub, sink, coffee-maker and small fridge for early-morning coffee or late-night glass of wine, large deck overlooking Lake Michigan. Deck is nicely furnished, spacious, and very relaxing. Second upstairs BR, lakeside, two single beds, small balcony, share bath. Third upstairs BR, street-side, double bed, share bath. Very quiet. Fourth BR, downstairs, street-side, day-bed with trundle underneath (2 beds), half-bath around the corner, great for kids....moreless
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
- The house was built in 1930, and has the charm of an older house. Although modernized about ten years ago, it lacks some of the more modern amenities: AC and a pantry, for example. The house comfortably sleeps 8; more than that is going to seem cramped - let's be honest here. And for a week you can deal with it. If you want a comfortable house, not your typical rental property, Cedarwood is for you: quiet, attractive, and well-located. And right on the beach. Thanks for considering it....moreless
- CD Player
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Winery Tours
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Gambling Casinos
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Beach View:
- Lake View:
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Basketball Court
- Freshwater Fishing
- Hot Air Ballooning
- Jet Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Water Skiing
- Dining Area
- Clothes Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Parking Off Street
- Parking For RV/Boat/Trailer
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wireless Internet
- Wood Fireplace
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils
- Dishes & Utensils
- Ice Maker
- Deck / Patio:
- Kayak / Canoe:
This property does not have any reviews yet.
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Off Peak 2017
May 20 - Jun 17, 2017
3 night min stay
Peak summer 2017
Jun 18 - Aug 19, 2017
7 night min stay
My Standard Rate
7 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Cleaning Fee $250
- Refundable Damage Deposit $500
- Tax Rate 6%
$250 cleaning fee
No pets allowed.
Owner's cancellation policy:
Policy available by contacting owner when booking
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Within easy walking distance of Fishtown and the Leland Harbor. Area is quiet and peaceful, with the beach down an easy path (no steps) on the lake side of the house. Attractive upstairs porch to watch sunsets.
About the owner: Retired educator, author
Why the Owner Chose Leland, MI, USA:
Beautiful location spot on Lake Michigan. This is my home and not your typical bare-bones rental property. If you're looking for something that's comfortable, and that's conveniently located, it's worth inquiring about my property. Thank you for your consideration of it.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
Historic Leland and Fish Town. Lake Michigan
- Primary: (231) 256-7460 Questions? Feel free to call (9 to 9, please)
Links to more information:
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Classic 1930's Cottage-my home
Breakfast nook with Lake View
Master Bedroom-King size bed, overlooking lake, with private bath & balcony
Comfortable double bed room-very private
Fantastic GE Profile Kitchen
Cozy living room with wood firelace
Spacious Lakefront bedroom-2 twin beds
WOW-Beautiful Lake Michigan
This listing was first published here in 2007.
Date last modified - Thursday, April 27, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.