|Space||4,400 sq. ft.|
|Minimum Stay||2 - 5 nights|
Set on 20 acres, the Villa is like your own Resort. Features over 600 feet of Beach Front Property, Pool, Jacuzzi & Swim Up Bar – located just north of the famous La Pastora Surfbreak.
The Villa’s Ground Floor offers a Full Kitchen with Butcher Block Island, Full Bathroom, Office, Living Room with Flat Screen TV with American Satellite Feed and DVD, and Indoor and Outdoor Dining Rooms that open up onto a huge Patio and Grass Lawn. The Villa is centered around an 8 foot Fountain that is in the front entryway of the house. The fountain is surrounded by Gas Lanterns, a Floating Glass Staircase, and a Retractable Glass-Tiled Skylight.
Walk up the Floating Glass Stairway to the Second Floor to find all 4 bedrooms, each with Private Bath, Balcony and Ocean Views. The two Junior Suites have Queen Beds and bathrooms with showers. The Two Deluxe Suites have King Beds with spacious bathrooms – one with a separate shower and double vanity, the other with a claw foot tub. The Third Level is a spacious Roof Terrace with Gas Fire Pit and Wet Bar - perfect for whale watching and sunsets.
The property is completely fenced in and extremely private. Enjoy the Palapa with Crow’s Nest, Private Beach Entrance, Pool, Jacuzzi, and Swim Up Bar. Wander the property and pick fruit off the mature mango, papaya, pomegranate, banana, lime and orange trees.
Perfect for weddings, family reunions, large groups.
AS SEEN IN NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC TRAVELER, DESTINATION WEDDINGS & HONEYMOONS, OUTSIDE ONLINE & THE NEW YORK POST. Click through to our website to see the articles.
Keywords: Beachfront Villa, Weddings, Surfing, Oceanfront Home with Pool and Jacuzzi, Todos Santos Boutique Hotel, Baja, Mexico Vacations
My name is Jessica and my husband, Matt, and his business partner, John, bought our 45 acre Ranch in 2001. They came down the Baja Peninsula on a surf trip and camped on property just to the north of the Ranch. While on that trip, they walked into town and learned that our Ranch was for sale and they quickly decided to buy it! It was just raw land at the time and they started to develop the property in 2003. They designed and built the Villa themselves and completed construction in 2006.
Here's a little about our story...Matt and I met at the Villa in 2006 while on my family vacation. Lightning struck and Matt proposed one year later from the Crow's Nest of the Palapa and we were married here at Villa Santa Cruz in 2009. We lived up in the US for two years where I was a practicing attorney in Palo Alto, California. After too many hours spent at the office, we decided to give up the rat race for a simpler life in Todos Santos and we are now lucky enough to call it home.
Jessica & Matt Canepa purchased this villa in 2001
My husband and I stayed here at the advice of dear friends. We decided on just two nights, so we could see more of the area we have fallen in love with. Mateo and Jessica have created a Shangri-la here. The villa is so spectacular that we did not leave for the entire time we stayed. They advertised breakfast and a small lunch; the food was delicious and fresh from the garden. Lunch was so generous that we did not need more food for dinner. On our next visit we will surely stay for longer at Villa Santa Cruz.
After having looked into wedding destinations from Bali to Belize, we settled on Villa Santa Cruz because it's a convenient trip for family and friends from the US. We investigated many options but the Villa Santa Cruz / Casa Tres Palmas duo seemed most promising, partially because the two were the perfect size for our wedding party, partially because they are beachfront, and partially because of the plethora of outdoor spaces (from a huge private pool to a beautiful palapa to a rooftop fire ring to miles of untouched sand).
We just got back to reality from our week at Villa Santa Cruz and we could not be happier. Here are some things you may want to know:
1. Jessica and Matt are gracious, kind, and engaged hosts. They maintain the perfect balance of being helpful without being intrusive.
2. The pool is better than advertised. The hot tub takes 30 minutes to heat up, but once it does, you're in heaven.
3. For a big enough group, it's ideal to rent both Villa Santa Cruz (four awesome rooms) and Casa Tres Palmas (three even larger rooms). They're on the same property and they share the pool and hot tub.
4. There are more spaces to relax than there will be people. The palapa is gorgeous and has two levels; the pool is large and has multiple recliners and tables; the kitchen is excellent and has some barstools for eating; there is an indoor and an outdoor dining room; the rooftop has two seating areas--one with a fire pit. I'm almost certainly leaving out some cozy spots, but hopefully you get the point--the place is huge and you can easily find seclusion.
5. The beach is rocky. If you have small children, you will definitely want to hang out by the pool rather than brave the waves. I'm an intermediate surfer and didn't feel entirely comfortable trying the shallow, rocky break a few minuted down the beach named La Pastora.
6. If you have the people and the means, hire Laura Felix as your cook. She does amazing Mexican meals. She catered us for seven breakfasts (big enough to be both breakfast and lunch) and two dinners (awesome fish tacos). She's also very reasonably priced--Jessica can set you up.
7. All bedrooms are upstairs. Agave has the nicest view and fireplace but all are nice.
8. Unless you're terribly messy, you won't need cleaning more than every other day. The half day rates offered by Jessica are reasonable and employ Mariella, who lives on site with her husband, Jose, who gardens.
I once had a beautiful villa that I stayed at in Monserrat until the volcano eruption wiped it all away. I thought I'd never see anything as beautiful until now. Villa Santa Cruz far exceeded my expectations and gave me a getaway destination to soothe the stress of everyday life. Be it exquisite views from the palapa or the rooftop fire pit, I was rewarded with eye catching vistas from every angle. I at once felt at home in these luxurious accommodations and the welcoming smile from our host Matt. I have since been talking about the Villa Santa Cruz with anyone who will pause long enough for me to bend their ear. My suggestion to you is that if you are looking for a memorable place to stay and decompress look no further than Villa Santa Cruz. You will be amazed. When you get there say hello to the other gracious host Freddie, the worlds greatest dog and companion.
If you're someone who enjoys pure relaxation in the privacy of beautiful beachfront grounds with a large, beautiful swimming pool that has views of the sun setting over the beach, not to mention potential world class surf right outside your window, this is the place for you. My experiece was a boys trip with our top priority surfling (we didn't have to go anywhere else and got great surf everyday), I know that the wife and kids would love the beautiful grounds, pool, beach and hospitality shown by our hosts. Thanks for a great trip Jessica and Matt!
Our trip was 4 guys in desperate need of a surf trip and some R&R. The Villa was perfect, and is simply an awesome place to spend some time. There were waves out front, a beautiful beach, and very few people to be seen anywhere.
This place is simply tremendous and a credit to the vision of the owners who built the place. I look forward to bringing my family back to enjoy it.
Mein Mann und ich verbrachten 2 tolle Tage in dieser wundervollen Villa.
Wir hatten eine liebevoll gestaltete und geschmackvolle Deluxe Suite mit 2 Balkonen. Morgens bekamen wir unseren Kaffee aufs Zimmer und konnten so das Meer vom Balkon aus genießen und den Tag in aller Ruhe starten.
Das Frühstück und Mittagessen wurde liebevoll von den Besitzern (Jessica und Matt) zubereitet und ließ keine Wünsche übrig! Das zustätzliche Abendessen war auch wirklich toll und wir genossen es!
Jessica und Matt waren einfach hinreißend und unendlich hilfsbereit.
Villa Santa Cruz ist ein idealer Ort zum Entspannen und Genießen und die Zeit dort ging viel zu schnell um!
Und wer Hunde liebt, kommt auch absolut auf seine Kosten - die 6 bepeltzen Freunde der Besitzer waren einfach umwerfend und zu allen 'Schandtaten' bereit....;-)
Wer Urlaub im Raum Todos Santos macht, sollte diese Villa wählen, es ist noch ein echter Geheimtipp und liegt fern ab von Trubel und Stress!!!
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
Vacation Rental (Summer 2017)
Jul 15 2017 - Oct 31 2017
2 night minimum stay
Vacation Rental (Holiday)
Dec 20 2017 - Jan 3 2018
5 night minimum stay
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
|Refundable damage deposit||$500|