Welcome to our comfortable house in Maidenhead perfect for groups up to 4 persons.
- charming, Victorian neighborhood 15 minutes walk from Maidenhead train station and 25 minutes walk from river Thames.
- near Ascot race course, Windsor castle, Legoland and Thorpe park.
- regular trains will take you to central London (20 min to London Paddington train station) for sightseeing / shopping in the capital.
- Heathrow airport is 15 min by car (or 30 min by bus).
- M4 junction is nearby, yet the house is in a peaceful location.
- local grocery shops available to you within a 2 min walk.
- plenty of restaurants, bars and cafes in nearby Maidenhead within a 15 min walk, for your breakfast, lunch and dinner should you prefer not to cook or enjoy a BBQ in the evening.
- if you are working in the area and need accommodation
- tourists on sightseeing (see info in our sights section)
- we also welcome families but please note that the house has steep stairs so is not suitable for very small children.
The house sleeps max 4 persons and has 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms.
The house was built approx 1890 and is charming with several original features.
Light and airy ensuite master double bedroom in the loft with french balcony doors and great views over the garden and the surrounding neighborhood.
Another two spacious double bedrooms, large family bathroom, dining room and living room for 4, cozy kitchen, mature garden with BBQ area.
House: 2 double bedrooms, 1 twin room, 1 kitchen. 2 bathrooms.
- comfortable beds in each bedroom.
- Wi-Fi internet, Virgin Media TV
- weekly clean can be arranged for a fee
- baby cot, high chair and baby bath available on request for families with small children.
- parking in our street is free but subject to availability.
HOUSE description and rooms:
- master double bedroom in loft (king size double bed 160 cm wide) and ensuite bathroom.
- twin bedroom (two single beds 90 cm wide), with shared family bathroom.
- double bedroom (queen size bed 140 cm wide), with shared family bathroom.
- two bathrooms - family bathroom for twin bedroom and double bedroom (with toilet, shower and bathtub), en-suite bathroom in the loft for master bedroom (with toilet and bath tub only).
-dining room, seats 4.
-living room, seats 4.
- kitchen fully equipped with: dish washer, microwave, oven, fridge, freezer, kettle, toaster and washing machine.
- iron and ironing board.
- BBQ area, small patio and mature garden.
Looking forward to welcoming you to our Maidenhead home for a pleasant stay.
***Please contact us even if your dates are showing as 'unavailable' as we may have further availability***.
SIGHTS AND APPROXIMATE DISTANCES
Heathrow airport - 15 min by car
London city centre via train - walking distance to Maidenhead train station with 20 min train ride to London Paddington station .
River Thames - walking distance to Maidenhead river Thames and Boulters Lock and the famous Brunel railway bridge with its sounding arched and beautiful river side walks along the tow path.
The Fat Duck restaurant, Heston Blumenthal, awarded three Michelin stars, restaurant of the year, Best Restaurant in the World and Best Restaurant in the UK. In Bray village, 10 mins by car.
Countryside and lovely walks along public footpaths in Waltham St Lawrence and surrounding countryside - walking distance.
Fishing - in local lakes or river Thames, rod license required.
Wild swimming, swimming outdoors - river Thames, three miles upstream of Pangbourne (near Reading,Berkshire) is one of the best places for wild swimming with chalky banks, clear water and no buildings in sight.
Swimming pool indoor Maidenhead Magnet Leisure Centre - with 25 meter fitness pool as well as leisure pool and spa pools. 15 min walk.
Swimming pool indoor Windsor Leisure Centre - with 25 meter fitness pool as well as leisure pool with wave machine, giant slides and spa pool. 10 minutes by car.
Maidenhead town centre - walking distance, several good restaurants, some cafes, many pubs.
Cinema, gyms etc.
Marlow - charming village, 15 mins by train or car.
Windsor Great Park - 10 min by car, picnics, walking and cycling.
Windsor Castle and The Long Walk - 10 min by car, well worth a visit including Queen Mary’s Dolls’ House, the largest dolls’ house in the world.
Windsor town centre - 10 min by car, up-market shopping, restaurants, cafes, bars, pubs and night clubs.
Eton - 10 min by car, antique shops and historic Eton college boarding school where princes William and Harry studied.
Runnymede scenic water meadow - 25 min by car, next to river Thames where the historic Magna Carta was signed in AD 1215.
Royal Holloway University - 30 min by car, impressive french chateau inspired architecture, art collection and landscaped woodlands garden.
Legoland theme park - 15 min by car, theme park for families with younger children.
Thorpe park theme park - 40 min by car, theme park with roller coaster rides for families with older children.
Chessington Word of Adventures - 30 min by car, theme park adventure for families.
Cliveden mansion and estate - walking distance, in Taplow, near Maidenhead. Beautiful Italian style mansion where the Profumo affair took place.
Hampton Court Palace in Richmond - 20 min by car, historic castle of Henry XIII.
Richmond town centre - 20 min by car, up-market shopping, restaurants, pubs and bars.
Twickenham rugby ground - 20 min by train.
Datchet golf course - 10 min by car
Iver golf course - 30 min by car
Burhill golf course, Walton on Thames - 30 min by car
Stoke Park golf course - 30 min by car
Stockley Park golf course - 30 min by car
Hampton Court golf course - 20 min by car
Sunbury gold course - 15 min by car
Ascot race course - 30 min by car
Windsor Royal race course - 15 min by car
Kempton Park race course - 15 min by car
Pinewood Film Studios - in Iver Heath - 40 min by car