Welcome to our quaint and peaceful modern-style ranch located just minutes from the beach!
Hi, we're Beata and Sebastian and we've been in Costa Rica for almost three years now, though we're originally from Poland. Before building this property, we did an extended road trip in Costa Rica. We fell in love with the warm sun, beautiful weather, amazing food, diverse topography, and wonderful people here. We'd be more than happy to help you with any trips or sightseeing that you may be planning.
As big users of VRBO for our personal travel, we know how great it is to be able to have a "home away from home." The property is separated into two segments, a downstairs and upstairs. The whole house can be privately yours or Book only One Level. The top floor has a modern private shower cabin, microwave, refrigerator, coffee machine, small stove/burner, and George Foreman grill onTerrace around House . It also has beautiful, panoramic views. On the right side of the home, there is an outdoor shower you could use to cool off or rinse after a day at the beach. The property also has a BEAUTIFUL front-yard garden that was completed just a few months ago with fruit trees, gorgeous assortment of flowers and is outlined by a beautiful natural shrub wall. If you're looking for a romantic getaway, look no further!
We are located at Artola Estates in Sardinal, Guanacaste, which is about a 30 min drive from the Liberia International Airport and a 15 min drive from Playa de Coco and 5 min drive from Playa Matapalo . The Artola Estates community is an isolated and very spacious piece of land in between two high mountainous hills. Our home itself is near the far left of the community on an incline, which gives you an amazing view of the valley during sunrise and sunset. There are no homes on either side or across so you have a great deal of privacy and solitude. In the mornings, you could hear monkeys and all kind of birds far away talking to one another! It’s an absolutely surreal experience.
All together, the property can accommodate 7 guests: 3 upstairs (1 Twin-size sofa bed and 1 full-size sofa bed) and 4 downstairs (2 bunk beds and 1 full-size sofa bed). The upstairs and downstairs sections can be rented separately or together in one booking.
Please be aware that the upstairs portion features a Bedroom ,small living area with Dining place and Full Bathroom ,full size kitchen,(refrigerator, microwave, electric stove-top, sink, etc.)and Terrace with Beautiful Botanical Mountain View !. The downstairs portion features is 1 Room, Full Bathroom and Small Kitchen Access with (microwave, coffee maker, and plates/utensils). Both levels have a shower, toilet, and bathroom sink.
Can be Book All together for Bigger Group or Separate !!
(1) Playa de Coco - this beach front area has a lively night scene thanks to many restaurants and bars, daytime snorkeling excursions, sand volleyball courts, and a beautiful natural "boardwalk" to take an evening stroll. We highly recommend you check out Zi Lounge for outdoor food, drinks and live music; it's our favorite place! If you're in town for any major holidays (e.g. New Years), they decorate the space and put on a great show.
(2) Playa Blanca de Matapalo (aka, Rui hotel beach) - Located next to Rui hotel which is only a few kilometers away, this beach is great if you want some quick and gorgeous beach time. Fun fact: Costa Rica prohibits private ownership of beaches so anyone is welcome to go there, including you :-) There are many different sections. If you drive past Rui, you'll see two entrances to the beach if you're not part of the hotel. 10 mins from the ranch.
(3) Playa Flamingo - Very laid-back, chill beach, most commonly used by locals. Not many people on the beach and very calm water. Perfect for relaxing and getting some sun and not running into many tourists. 40 mins from the ranch.
(4) Playa Tamarindo - The opposite of Playa Flamingo. Bustling with shops, activities, tourists, restaurants. Come here if you want to feel the energy and vibe of a Pacific beach town. Really popular surfing spot and you can also rent scuba gear. 1 hour from the ranch.
(5) Diamente Eco Adventure Park- Located just a kilometer before Rui Hotel, it features zip lines, an animal sanctuary, ATVs, beach activities, horseback riding, and a restaurant.
(6) Tio Leo Coffee Tour – Costa Rica is known for its delicious coffee. This is a great tour to see how local coffee is grown and harvested. 35 mins from the ranch.
(7) Monteverde “Cloud Forest” Reserve - Wind-sculpted elfin woodlands give way to rainforests where tall trees — filled with orchids, bromeliads, ferns, vines and mosses — rise high into the sky. Great day trip. 3 hours from ranch.
(8) Arenal Volcano - The biggest active volcano in the country. 2.5 hours from ranch
(1) Use Waze as your GPS app and don't be afraid to ask for directions from locals. You'll quickly realize some parts of the country, especially the rural areas don't have the street or house numbers you can find in other countries. Waze is very popular and has a great map of the country, even small rural roads. Locals are more than happy to help direct you if you're lost.
(2) Rent a car and drive. The roads are very calm and safe to drive, even at night. Costa Rica is booming with tourism and the country is very supportive of visiting drivers. If you're not coming during the rainy season, you don't necessarily need to rent a 4x4. There are ways to get around in a compact car. We'd recommend booking in advance and getting a 4x4 just in case you're feeling more adventurous.
(3) Be sure not to open and close the doors quickly to avoid critters getting in. Upstairs, all the windows and patio door have screen doors. Please make sure to keep the screen doors closed.