Leave your car and your cares at the marina because Little Gasparilla is accessible only by water taxi or your boat! That means our beaches are uncrowded and tourists and traffic are just a mainland memory. If you are looking for a quiet, tropical island to relax and unplug, Little Gasparilla is your dream vacation spot. Our "nightlife" consists of giant sea turtles laying their eggs -- our only bar is the sand bar where you can find sand dollars and shells!
This newly remodeled home offers plenty of space for a large family, with the added bonus of a dock, with 60 feet of dockage and 2 floating jet ski lifts at your front door! BOATER AND ANGLER'S DREAM! No hauling groceries through deep sand in the heat. You can walk from your boat to the house in seconds! Yet the home is just steps to your beautiful, private, LGI beach with miles of pristine white sand, shells and shark's teeth to collect. Better yet, enjoy sunsets and sunrises overlooking both the ocean and bay from your 3 story, rooftop, open air, 360 degree view, deck. Your private dock offers water and power and it is simple and convenient to hop in your boat for a day of fishing.
This comfortable home is well stocked with everything you need to enjoy your island vacation. There is a golf cart available for rental (optional, for an additional fee) and kayaks that you may use to explore the bay or the sand bar. The kitchen is stocked with all necessary pots and pans, dishes and utensils, all appliances including a dishwasher and a Keurig coffee maker. The home is also equipped with high speed internet. All linens are provided, including beach towels and beach chairs.
The first floor has a private guest suite with two twins, a queen futon and a full bath and kitchenette. Upstairs, you'll find two additional bedrooms, each with a queen bed, and two more bathrooms. There is also a twin bedroom with a single bed, perfect for a young pirate or mermaid! The spacious living room and kitchen offer plenty of room for everyone to spread out, and there are also two screened porches on the house.
There is a shady downstairs deck under the house with a comfortable hammock, picnic tables and rocking chair for relaxing in breezes blowing off the bay. There is also a washer and dryer and a large deep freezer for your catch.
This home offers the best of all worlds and convenience afforded by a dock right outside your front door AND the simplicity of the beautiful private LGI beach just steps from the house. Whatever your family vacation entails -- boating, fishing or relaxing on the beach -- this house has it all!
Small pets are welcome with prior permission; under 15 lbs. please.
Please note that rates are based on 6 guests. There is an additional fee for each person over 6.
If you want to include rental of the golf cart, please request it when you ask for a price!
LITTLE GASPARILLA FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS...PLEASE READ!
• You cannot drive your car to the island and the only access is via water taxi; there is no vehicle ferry.
• You must park your car at the marina at the mainland but it will be perfectly safe there; parking is $6 a day.
• The water taxi is $10 per person each way and he will drop you right in front of the house.
• All homes come with a grill. This home has a gas grill.
• All homes come with beach chairs and an umbrella.
• You must bring all groceries to the island with you.
• There are no stores of any kind on the island, not even a convenience store.
• There is no need to bring drinking water; the water from the tap is safe and drinkable.
• There are first responders on the island and we have 911 service in case of an emergency.
• You can fish off the dock or the beach but non-Florida residents will need to purchase a fishing license.
• The beach is dog-friendly but dogs must be under your control, non-aggressive and there is a $100 pet fee per pet.
INTERNET: This house has high speed satellite internet.
PLEASE NOTE: We do require that two members of each group must be over 25 years of age. We apologize, but we can NOT rent to college groups as a courtesy to the homeowners and our island neighbors. Guests will be evicted if found not to meet age requirements upon check in. Additionally, we can not exceed capacity in island homes due to the fragile septic systems.
Please note this home is for sale, and there might be a request for a showing during your stay. We always try to notify guests at least 24 hours prior to a showing and we would try not to intrude on your vacation.