Discount Last Minute==Beyoglu Penthouse: Terrace,Sea View,Elevator-Lift,Wifi,a/C(27 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
This owner doesn't offer online booking through VRBO's checkout. You won't be eligible for our Book with Confidence Guarantee.
Never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram. Learn more
- Minimum stay:1 night
- Property type:Apartment
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:N/A
About the Property
Apartment for max 6 persons, 2 Bedrooms + Convertible bed(s), 2.5 Baths, terrace
If you are planning holiday around Europe, please note I have also some apartments in PARIS and ROME.
All my apartment are located in central and safe area.
This Deluxe Penthouse apartment (155 sq m / 1655 sq ft) with a large terrace is located at the beginning of Turnacibasi Sokak (a quiet street just off Istiklal, the main pedestrian street of Istanbul), behind Galatasaray Licesi, in the lively and varied Beyoglu district, with its many restaurants and vibrant night-life (but do not worry: there are no nosy bars near the building!).
The area is central and safe.
Occupying two floors (4th and 5th) at the top of the building, with a private elevator/lift, the apartment, which has been fully renovated by an architect, is very comfortable and elegantly decorated: parquet floor, high-quality furniture and equipment, designer accessories, etc. ( see the articles published in « Home Art » and other architectural and design magazines ).
Its large terrace offers a superb panoramic view of the Bosphorus and the Golden Horn, Haghia Sophia, the Blue Mosque, Galata Tower and Topkapi Palace, among other famous sites.
***** The top floor, which can be reached directly by the elevator/lift, is entirely designed as a very large and bright open space with high ceilings at 4.5 meters, chandeliers, a handsome exposed brick wall along one side, and an elegant palette of greys highlighted by glass and steel (see photos).
* a dining area with tables for 8 persons, giving onto a winter garden / solarium
* a top-of-the-range , fully equipped steel-plated open kitchen with a 3.5 meters worktop.
* a living area with a desk and two «L» shaped sofas ( each sofa is a convertible sofa bed that can be used as double-bed when open, single bed when closed).
* a 15 sq m / 160 sq ft terrace, with its plants, table and chairs. This terrace, with its magnificient view, is a perfect setting for a dinner in the open, or simply a rest with drinks after a day of sightseeing. An antique marble hamam hand-basin adds its touch to the atmosphere.
This floor is also equipped with its own toilet.
***** The lower floor has 2 large bedrooms on either side of a spacious entrance hall , each one with an en suite bathroom (walk in « rain-shower », hand-basin and bidet from Ross Lovegrove’s « Istanbul Collection » by Vitra, wc).
* the Master bedroom, with a King size bed (180 x 200 cm) and desk, gives onto a balcony
with a panoramic view of the Bosphorus and the Golden Horn.
* the second bedroom, which can also be used as a study ( library and desk), has 2 single beds (90 x 200 cm) that can be joined to form a King size double-bed (180 x 200 cm), the two mattresses fitting snugly together, with no gap. (It would be appreciated if, at the time of booking, it could be specified whether these beds should be kept as two single beds or locked together as a double-bed.)
High speed Internet access (broadband and wireless), air conditioning, central heating, satellite TV with large LCD screen and American – European channels , HiFi/CD player, DVD Player washing machine and dryer, dishwasher, iron and ironing-board, hairdryer, oven, 4 ring stove, microwave, Italian coffee maker, cooking utensils, quality house linen and dishes.
Nearby: many restaurants, internet cafes, antique dealers and food shops (a supermarket 50 metres from apartment ), the picturesque open air Pera Market where they sell fish, vegetables and caviar. Turnacibasy sokak itself belongs to the Cukurcuma neighbourhood, famous for its antique shops .
You will also find a historic Turkish Bath just yards from the front door.
Distances and transport
The apartment is perfectly located to discover both the ancient and modern Istanbul.
It is only a few minutes’ walking distance from such important tourist sites and venues as the Galata Tower, the the Istanbul Modern Art Museum and Taksim Square. It is also within easy reach of Aya Sofya, the Blue Mosque, Topkapi Palace and the Grand Bazaar.
* Metro station ( few minutes walk ) : « Taksim » and ' Tunel'.
* Tram stop ( within a stone's throw of the apartment): the very picturesque tram that goes all the way up the Istiklal from Tunel to Taksim Square and viceversa .
to Tunel and Takism
* Bus stop ( couple of minute walk ): several lines.
* Tramway to Sultanhamet : down the hill ( 5-10 minute walk) you will find a stop for the very efficient, air conditioned tramway which provides fast and frequent service across the Golden Horn via Galata Bridge to Sultanhamet and to the port, where ferries can be taken to cross and go down the Bosphorus. To come back up the hill there is first the « Tunel » funicular railway from Galata Bridge, then from the « Tunel » stop a small , very picturesque tram that goes all the way up the Istiklal to Taksim Square.
* taxi and garage parking: you will find a taxi rank in front of Galatasaray Licesy 150 metres from the apartment ( although taxis can be stopped anywhere) and garage parking facilities within 20 metres.
** Delivery of keys:
Upon your arrival, my local representative ( English speaking ) will meet you at the apartment.
** Transfer by car from Ataturk airport:
On request, I can arrange for a pick up service (car with driver) at extra cost. Just notify me when your reserve the apartment. Please note I highly recommend this service!
Due the growing economy, there are renovation and construction works everywhere in the center of Istanbul. In normal condition the apartment is very quiet (there are no noisy bars next door and the small one way street is not crowed). But sometimes a possible construction/renovation work may "pop up" somewhere not far away from the apartment. If you are afraid about noise feel free to ask me and I will try to updated you.
Member since: 2004
- On floor 4
- 1655 sq. ft.
- Max. occupancy 6
- Children Welcome
- Pets Not Allowed
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 4-6
- King size beds (2) * The master bedroom : King Size bed (180 x 200 cm). * Second bedroom: on request can be arranged with 2 single beds or one King size bed., Twin or Single Beds (2) The second bedroom ,with large desk usable as study too, is equipped with 2 single beds (90x 200 cm) that can be used also as a King size double bed (180 x200cm). If the two beds are put together to form a double bed of 200 x 180 cm. ,the two mattresses fit snugly together without leaving any uncomfortable gap between them. It would be appreciated if, at the time of booking, it could be specified whether two single or one double bed would be preferred, so the necessary preparations can be made., Baby Cribs (1), Sleep Sofa or Futons (2)...moreless
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
- CD Player
- Tourist Attractions
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Live Theater
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Sight Seeing
- Ocean View
- Water View
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- Seating for 8 people
- Air Conditioning:
- Broadband Access
- Clothes Dryer
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils
- Dishes & Utensils
- Deck / Patio
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Last minute 50% special price
Apr 5 - May 26, 2017
1 night min stay
Rates are based on 1 guests; add $54 per night, per additional guest
My Standard Rate
1 night min stay
Rates are based on 1 guests; add $54 per night, per additional guest
Additional information about rental rates
- Final cleaning fee $152.53
- Rates are based on number of persons.
- For stay longer than 1 week: the nightly rate is applied to additional night(s).
- Monthly price is based on 28 nights (4 weeks): the nightly rate is applied to additional night(s).
- Rates are subject to change until reservation is confirmed.
- A surcharge on Rates is applied during special periods ( such as for Christmas, Easter, Events, High Season, etc).
- Discount available for long stay.
- Final cleaning fee depending on number of persons and length of rent.
Owner's cancellation policy:
Policy available by contacting owner when booking
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Year Purchased: 2008
About the owner: I have also apartments in Paris and Rome!
Why the Owner Chose Beyoğlu, Istanbul, Turkey:
Simply the perfect location to enjoy Istanbul!
The Unique Benefits at this Apartment:
Deluxe accomodation and unforgettable panoramic view of Old City and Bosphorus.
Links to more information:
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Amazing view from the terrace: Sulthanamet, Golden Horn, Marmara Sea, Bosphorous
INTERNET, large LED TV with international channels, CD player, DVD player
The terrace is in the same floor of the livingroom so easy access to the kitchen
the winter garden behind the dining area
Fully equipped steel kitchen: oven, microwave, kettle, dishwasher,etc
masterbedroom with king size bed ( memory foam ) and balcony.
each ensuit bathroom has walk in shower ( rain shower head),wc, bidet,handbasin
the bedroom's plan floor
The amazing view during the night: Sulthanamet, Blue Mosque; Aya Sophia, the sea
view from terrace: the sofa bed in the living room and dining area at the bottom
The private elevator/lift directly to the apartment. The toilet is on the left.
dining area with table for 8 persons
each bedroom has a large wardrobe, an ensuit bathroom, desk .
second bedroom: 2 single beds (90 x 200cm)that can be joined to form a King size
the roof plan floor.The 2 floors are connecetd by staicases and elevator/lift.
This listing was first published here in 2008.
Date last modified - Monday, May 22, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Send a Message
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.