Our house is available for weekly rentals. It's ideal for a getaway with family and friends and for guests attending Bard College events, HITS equestrian events in Saugerties, festivals and/or weddings at Clermont, Olana, Valeur Mansion, or other nearby event venues.
Accommodations: seven-bedroom house on lush, landscaped property, with apple and pear orchards, barn, spectacular sunsets
This spacious, immaculate family vacation home in the heart of the Hudson Valley works well for a getaway with family and/or friends, providing a nice mix of shared and secluded spaces, including three inside living areas, a downstairs three-bedroom private quarters and three outdoor spaces.
You can visit the historic mansions of the Hudson Valley and the FDR Presidential Library. Enjoy local holiday festivals. Go to an auction and shop for antiques. Enjoy a spa treatment and dinner in Rhinebeck. Walk the paths of Lake Taghanic State Park, Mills Mansion, Ferncliff and other nearby parks. Tour Bard College and attend a concert in the Frank Gehry Performing Arts Center. Check out the Clermont Winery down the road and the Hudson Valley Distillery and Suarez Brewery are within 10 minutes.
The house interior is charming with a bay-window, book-lined dining area, two wood-paneled living rooms with Oriental carpets, one with a working fireplace and French doors leading out to the deck and view of the Catskill mountains. There are two additional living rooms for reading and watching TV.
Main floor: Kitchen, dining room, living room, den, four bedrooms including master suite with bathroom, and two additional bathrooms.
Ground floor: Three bedrooms, kitchen area, living room, full bathroom and patio access.
Outdoors: Dining and seating areas on two decks--one with sunset view of Catskills; the other on an umbrella-shaded porch by gardens in front yard.
The house is centrally located to enjoy the cultural, historical, recreational and agricultural attractions of the Hudson Valley. It is centrally located between Rhinebeck and Hudson and 15 minutes away from:
• Bard College with the Frank Gehry Performing Arts Center with a year-round schedule of cultural events and the Stevenson Gymnasium with indoor Olympic-sized pool, full-size gym, squash courts, fitness center. Family passes available.
• Rhinebeck: home of the Upstate Films Theater, Haven Spa, Dutchess County Fair, excellent restaurants and boutiques, the Wilderstein Historic House
• Hudson: historic city and antiques center with the Basilica and Opera House event centers, a wide variety of restaurants and bars, and and Olana
• Tivoli: home to highly acclaimed Tivoli Hotel and variety of restaurants
* Tubing and fishing on the Eusopus River
* HITS equestrian events in Saugerties
* Hiking, skiing, snowboarding in the Catkskills and Berkshires
* Biking - everywhere!
Keywords: Hudson Valley home
7 bedrooms, Catskill views
Near Rhinebeck and Hudson
Close to Bard College events
Friends and family reunions
Book clubs, work groups