Hudson Valley Home in Orchard Setting, Near Bard College and Clermont Estate(2 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
This owner doesn't offer online booking through VRBO's checkout. You won't be eligible for our Book with Confidence Guarantee.
Never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram. Learn more
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Property type:House
- Pets considered:Ask Owner
- Wheel chair accessible:N/A
About the Property
7 bedroom/4 bath house, sunset mountain views, sleeps 8, $320 per night
Accommodations: seven-bedroom house on lush, landscaped property, with apple and pear orchards, barn, spectacular sunsets
This spacious, immaculate family vacation home in the heart of the Hudson Valley works well for a getaway with family and/or friends, providing a nice mix of shared and secluded spaces, including three inside living areas, a downstairs three-bedroom private quarters and three outdoor spaces.
You can visit the historic mansions of the Hudson Valley and the FDR Presidential Library. Enjoy local holiday festivals. Go to an auction and shop for antiques. Enjoy a spa treatment and dinner in Rhinebeck. Walk the paths of Lake Taghanic State Park, Mills Mansion, Ferncliff and other nearby parks. Tour Bard College and attend a concert in the Frank Gehry Performing Arts Center.
The house interior is charming with a bay-window, book-lined dining area, wood-paneled living room with working fireplace and French doors leading out to the deck and view of the mountains. There are two additional living rooms for reading and watching TV.
Main floor: Kitchen, dining room, living room, den, four bedrooms including master suite with bathroom, and two additional bathrooms.
Ground floor: Three bedrooms, kitchen, dining area, living room, full bathroom and patio access.
Outdoors: Dining and seating areas on two decks--one with sunset view of Catskills; the other on shaded porch by gardens in front yard
The house is centrally located to enjoy the cultural, recreational and agricultural attractions of the Hudson Valley. It is less than 15 minutes away from:
• Bard College with the Frank Gehry Performing Arts Center with a year-round schedule of cultural events and the Stevenson Gymnasium with indoor Olympic-sized pool, full-size gym, squash courts, fitness center. Family passes available.
• Hudson River historic estates of Clermont, Olana, Montgomery Place, Mills Mansion. The Vanderbilt Mansion, FDR Presidential Library and Val-Kill are 30 minutes away.
• Hudson Valley Wine Trail - two wine-tasting rooms and one distillery within 5 minutes away
• Rhinebeck: home of the Upstate Films Theatre, Haven Spa, Dutchess County Fair, excellent restaurants and boutiques
• Hudson: historic city, county seat and antiques/auction center of the Northeast
• Tivoli: home to Bard students and highly acclaimed Madalin Hotel and Restaurant
• Tennis, golf and horseback riding nearby
An hour away is:
* Tubing and fishing on the Esopus River
* Hiking, skiing, snowboarding in the Catksills and Berkshires
* Biking - everywhere!
Keywords: Hudson Valley home
Bard College events
Friends and family reunions
Book clubs, work groups
Before making a payment, always call the owner at the number listed on our website to make sure your payment instructions are accurate.
Never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram.Learn more
Member since: 2008
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
Bedrooms: 7 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10, Beds for 10
- Queen size Beds (4), Twin or Single Beds (4), Double (1)
Bathrooms: 4 Bathrooms
- CD Player
- DVD Player
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Live Theater
- Water Parks
- Winery Tours
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Horseback Riding
- Miniature Golf
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Basketball Court
- Cross Country Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Rock Climbing
- Dining Area
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Parking Off Street
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wireless Internet
- Wood Fireplace
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils
- Pantry Items
$250-300 per night; $1400-1900/week Inquire about special weekend rates Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Hudson valley home with mountain views
Apples from orchard
Living room 2
View of house through orchard
Living room 1
This listing was first published here in 2008.
Date last modified - Thursday, January 19, 2017
- Response time Within 2 days
- Response rate 80%
- Calendar last updated 12/03/2016
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.