About the property
- Cottage1200 sqft
- Half Baths1
- Minimum Stay7 nights
2 bedroom, 2 bath, sleeps 4-6
Lovely executive summer home with wrap-around deck, wonderful kitchen, cathedral ceilings, laundry room, 2 large bedrooms, porch entry - all beautifully finished in pine with hardwood floors throughout. Breathtaking ocean views from multiple windows and patio doors at the front. Located right on a child-friendly beach that stretches around a peninsula for miles of beautiful white sandy beaches and grassy dunes - all at your doorstep! Ideal location close to championship golf courses, lobster suppers, and Anne of Green Gables attractions.
Visit Owner's Web Site!:
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within a few hours
- english, french, german
- Calendar last updated:
- Mar 29, 2018
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 4:00 PM
Check-out: 10:30 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date. You must contact the owner directly to request cancellation.
Beautiful beachy cottage with an amazing view.
The cottage is very well equipped. All we needed to do was buy food.
Very comfortable and inviting with decks on all sides so you can enjoy the view of Darnley Basin, watch the birds and eat outdoors.
Darnley basin is a wonderful staging ground for a PEI getaway. The cottage was beautifully well maintained and outfitted. The cottage is minutes away from an amazing beach and close to amenities. The owners were great to deal with. Highly recommended.
Lovely - absolutely lovely!
We found this to be the perfect place to stay for our PEI vacation for the following reasons:
1. Location - the cottage is located on a peninsula that has the ocean on one side and the bay on the other. Darnley Shores a small, well-kept cottage community with a nice waterfront area on the bay in front of the cottage.
2. The cottage - its a beautiful cottage with pretty much every amenity. The furnishings, bedding etc. are clearly of good quality. The cottage feels like more of a well-maintained vacation home than a vocational rental. We felt very much at home!
3. Beaches - we love to go for long beach walks. A couple hundred feet in front of the cottage is the bay beach. This is a red sand beach that is shallower and very safe for small children. If you walk a few minutes toward the ocean, the sand get progressively more light and you get to the grassy dunes area. We liked to swim in the bayin the area just before the channel to the ocean. The bay water is warmer and the sand here is perfect. And you can keep walking for kms around the point all the way to the Profits Point red cliff rock formations. This is a good 30-40 minute walk, but absolutely gorgeous.
4. Area attractions - it was just a short drive to many attractions like Cavendish, Anne of Green Gables locations and more. Grocery shopping is a 10 minute drive to Kensington. And there are restaurants within a short drive as well.
5. The views - the cottage has wrap-around decks with wonderful views from virtually every angle. Our favorite thing was to simply sit on the deck with a drink and enjoy the views.
We had some perfect beach weather for a few days and used this time to enjoy the area beaches. When it was rainy, we drove to Charlottetown (35 mins) and did some sight-seeing. We also went deep sea fishing (New London Bay) and enjoyed that very much.
It was a perfect vacation and we will definitely be back next year!
Best family holiday ever!
Our holiday at Marcie's cottage was wonderful. The cottage itself was immaculate, cozy, and beautifully decorated. There was every imaginable thing you could need while away from home.
The yard is huge and is a great place for kids to play or dogs to run.
The golf course and mini putt down the road is a blast. The fish market has delicious fish and lobster to take home and eat. Cavendish beach is breathtaking.
And the ice cream store is so close that the kids could walk there alone for a little 'independent' time.
We were there before the summer season really got going so it was quiet but almost all the tourist attractions where open. I would definitely recommend going to PEI and staying at this cottage.
Fantastic location. Outfitted beautifully.
Nothing quite like the beauty of Malepque and Darlney shores ... this cottage is a 10 minute walk from an open water beach that stretches for miles. There is no fee for entry to the beach and it is appropriate for all ages and pets. The cottage itself is obviously loved, well-cared for and used by the owners. Every little detail has been looked after. Nothing was overlooked. Everything described in the write up was accurately described. We were given many great tips and assistance from the owner prior to arrival. Would return in a heart beat.
Loved your cottage!
Hi Marcie, We had a wonderful time in PEI and absolutely loved your cottage! I have to say it was the best cottage that we've stayed in--comfortable beds, functional layout, beautiful view, and so clean :). Everything we possibly needed was supplied and available. The beach is just stunning. The kids enjoyed flying kites in the large yard and we enjoyed the sunsets. Thank you! Heather PS- We are hoping to stay again next year!
Located on the popular North Shore of PEI in Anne's Land, Darnley Shores is quiet and private, yet close to all amenities - beaches, bike paths, boating, golfing, recreational facilities, tourism destinations, dining and more. Charlottetown with its festivals and fine dining is just a half hour away. Provincial parks and sea kayaking are in the immediate area. Other Activities: deep sea fishing, clam digging, pottery shops, sea kayak tours, festivals & ceilidhs, amusement parks Golf: It's no small feat when Canada's smallest province becomes Canada's Number One Golf Destination, but this tiny province has earned the distinction twice in a row. There are plenty of good reasons of course why the readers of ScoreGolf magazine would choose Prince Edward Island.From the air, Prince Edward Island might appear to be one giant golf course; rolling greens, sand and water traps alternating with woodlots. From there it just gets better. Plan your vacation around the more than 26 Island courses, keeping in mind that, for real golf fans, it is possible to play more than one course per day. But for those who want to kick back between golf rounds, remember that Prince Edward Island is the perfect spot!