Weekend Retreat - Lovely Home(15 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:3-4 nights
- Property type:House
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:N/A
About the Property
1 Bedroom Home + 1.25 Baths, (Sleeps 4)
Experience why we love our home and our little island paradise of Avalon. Your accommodations are the upper level which is the entryway of our large home. This is a large piece of property. Your rental includes the entire top floor which is the entry level-no stairs. Open kitchen with skylight and large butcher block with seating plus table and chairs The sliding doors from the kitchen open up to a very large deck with a patio table and chairs and a BBQ. The kitchen is fully stocked with dishes and cookware, micro, coffee pot, toaster and an instant hot water filter. The living room is spacious and surrounded by windows. The sofa has a pullout queen bed.There is a bathroom with a toilet and sink adjacent to the living room. The master bedroom and bath are quite large and there are sliding glass doors that exit to a beautiful deck and an ocean view and patio furniture. Our home will accommodate 4 guests. 2 in the master bedroom which has a king bed and 2 in the living room on a pull out queen size bed.
Member since: 2008
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
Bedrooms: 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 4, Beds for 2-4
- Upstairs includes: Large open living room with fireplace, stereo, WiFi & cable TV with Blue Ray DVD player and convertible sofa Spacious master bedroom with king size bed, large master bath, cable TV with DVD player and deck with ocean view. Large master bath with shower Plus 1/2 bath Full kitchen and utility room with washer/dryer, utility sink Large deck with patio furniture and gas bbq ...moreless
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom, 1 Half Bathroom
- 1 and a half bath upstairs, 1 bath downstairs
- We are only 1/2 block to the beach and from street. Avalon is only 1 square mile and most people walk. We have 2 bicycles available for your use and there is also golf rental shops if you wish to rent. There is a trolley that makes several stops around the island. There is also a taxicab service available. Other Things to Note As with the rest of California, the island is experiencing serious drought conditions. Our island water source is rain fed resevoirs. We have just been notified that the island is in Stage 3 of water conservation. This means that everyone on the island must cut their water consumption by 25%. We have low flow showerheads, aerators our faucets, salt water toilets, and a water saving front load washing machine. Please use water wisely and remember to run the dishwasher and washing machine only when you have a full load. Information is posted on the bulletin board in the utility room. Please use water wisely. We appreciate your cooperation....moreless
- CD Player
- Music Library
- Satellite / Cable
- Video Library
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Botanical Garden
- Health/Beauty Spa
Local Services & Businesses
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Eco Tourism
- Miniature Golf
- Paddle Boating
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Beach View
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Basketball Court
- Deepsea Fishing
- Jet Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Mountain Climbing
- Pier Fishing
- Rock Climbing
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Dining Area
- Seating for 6 people
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils:
- Dishes & Utensils
- Pantry Items
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
WINTER RATE-Upstairs Only
Nov 1 - Apr 1, 2017
3 night min stay
Rates are based on 2 guests; add $25 per night, per additional guest
My Standard Rate
4 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
Fees and Rental Conditions:
- Property Damage Protection $59
- Cleaning Fee $200
- Taxes Not included
This is a NON SMOKING home.
Pets are not permitted under any conditions.
We will not rent to vacationing students or singles under 25 years of age unless accompanied by an adult guardian or parent. Children and their ages (no children under 10) are counted in the total occupancy. Undisclosed guests and/or over-occupancy are considered serious violations of your lease and may result in a charge against your security deposit and/or the immediate termination of occupancy without refund.
A maximum of 4 people stay at the house.
All debris, rubbish and discards are placed in trashcans, and soiled dishes are placed in the dishwasher..
No linens including beach towels are lost or damaged.
No food left in the refrigerator
No loud or unreasonable noise may continue outside as stated in the City of Avalon ordinance requires that all loud or unreasonable noise cease between the hours of 10:00 p.m. and 8:00 a.m. in such a manner as to be plainly audible at a distance of fifty (50') feet from the location.
We reserve the right to refund rents, refuse rental, or terminate occupancy if, in our sole discretion, the occupancy may be or is detrimental to the property. NO REFUND will be given if occupancy is terminated as a result of violation of our rental regulations or if the reservation was obtained under false pretenses.
Owner's cancellation policy:
50% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date.
100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Car: Not Necessary
Catalina Island Museum is now open. Go to www.catalinamuseum.org for information on upcoming events.
Year Purchased: 1956
About the owner: This a family home and is very quiet. There are also 2 separate studio apartments on the property. Our caretaker lives in one of the units and will be happy to assist you.
Why the Owner Chose Avalon, CA, USA:
The property has been passed down through the generations. The current home was built in 1981. Our family has been coming to the island since 1927 and has been a special place since our grandparents first started coming to the island.
Avalon Bay at sunset.
Front Deck with Patio Table for 10 and BBQ
Upstairs Living Room with Kitchen View
Back Patio with Ocean View
Front Deck with Patio Table, Chairs, BBQ
Kitchen with Kitchen Table and Bar Stools
Upstairs Living Room
Master Bath with Walk-In Shower
Back Patio outside Master Bedroom with Ocean View
Sunrise near the Casino.
This listing was first published here in 2008.
Date last modified - Saturday, January 21, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.