City Centre Medieval Attic Apartment with one bedroom
About Richard Board
Julie and I have been operating serviced self catering apartments in Canterbury since 2006. We have accommodated 1,200 guests in our 4 apartments in the last 10 years. We previously worked in commercial property supplying serviced offices in centres across the UK. In 2004 we traveled around the world for 333 days with our 9 and 10 year old boys. We share our travel stories with many of the guests who stay with us and have come from the places we visited. Our business is to make your stay a great one. We will meet you at the railway station, take you shopping, buy your groceries and do whatever it takes. We are full time at your disposal.
Richard Board purchased this Apartment in 2006
Why Richard Board chose Canterbury
It's such a great little hideaway right downtown. The sleeping accommodation is at the back where it is very quiet. This is a good as it gets and as close as you can be to the City centre and with parking directly outside.
What makes this Apartment unique
Brilliant location for all City ammenities. Easy access to Kent University. Minutes away from Canterbury West railway station (55 minutes to London St. Pancras). Very private and secure.
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date.
short break in canterbury
very nice place close to the centre of town and sights.
floorboards made me feel like being on board a rowing boat, but got quite used to it over the three days.
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay in this lovely historic apartment. The position is perfect for exploring the city and the designated parking space very convenient. The apartment is very well appointed with lots of nice extra touches - thank you
Thank you for your lovely comments.
We loved having you stay.
A wonderful apartment, full of character. Everything you need and in the city centre with a parking place too! Richard is very communicative and responsive. Lovely place. Highly recommended.
Highly recommend both the property and Canterbury
Fantastic location, lovely old building, most comfortable bed I’ve slept in for years. We’ll be going back
Outstanding!! Lovely property, perfect location, exceptional host!
We enjoyed this property for two weeks in the middle of May and it was perfect!!! Here are some of the things we loved:
• Location! It’s right in the middle of Canterbury and walking distance to everything. The living room (lounge) faces the main street and offers a lovely view of the passing show.
• Quiet! You would expect it to be noisy but the front windows keep the sound to a minimum if you don’t care to open them to listen in. The bedroom is located in the back away from the street and is absolutely quiet for sleeping at night
• Convenient Parking! The apartment has its own parking space right at the door. It is only two blocks to a main street, making it simple to take day trips to Dover and other nearby locations.
• The Host! Richard met us near the apartment and guided us into the parking the first time. He helped us into the flat and spent a great deal of time orienting us to the apartment and the town. His suggestions were always spot-on. He was always available by phone or text message to assist when needed.
• Amenities! The kitchen was furnished well with everything needed for cooking and baking as well as pantry staples to get you through the first morning (i.e. coffee). The washing machine worked perfectly and a rack was provided for drying clothes. The shower is a bit cozy but gets the job done. There was unlimited hot water and a tub for soaking. Plenty of clean fluffy towels and line were provided,
• Ambience! The unit is in a very old, historic building but has been updated to a high standard. We enjoyed the combination of old charm and modern convenience. I never tired of looking at the old half-timbers. Just a note, the owner is very clear about this in the description but it bears repeating. The flat is accessed by a steep, narrow, staircase. We are fit 60 somethings and had no trouble at all with it, but this is not a suitable unit for anyone with a mobility impairment.
All in all, this flat was everything we could have hoped for. It was a perfect location, perfectly executed. We have nothing but fabulous compliments to give! We hope to stay here again someday.
What a gem!
A wonderful place for exploring Canterbury and for venturing further afield into the rest of Kent. Richard met us and was very helpful with information after being very forbearing when we got lost on the way and were considerably later than we had estimated. The apartment is very comfortable especially considering it is 550 years old. There were many helpful extras left for us to use including a big bowl of chocolates. Would recommend highly.