Courtenay House is a large Georgian family holiday house, much lighter & more spacious than most holiday cottages, in a prime harbour front position in the centre of the old village of Port Isaac. It has been used as a much-loved family holiday home, holiday cottage ,writers retreat and artists studio for many years, and is available to rent, furnished to a high standard. The Grade II listed house was, in the nineteenth century, the home of the merchant Warwick Richard Guy, who owned many ships and businesses in Port Isaac including the historic Port Gaverne fish cellars.
The house can accommodate from a single couple in luxury up to 8 people. Well behaved pets are also welcome for which we make a small charge.
Just steps away from the beach, the house has sea views. From the garden there is a high level lawn with fantastic views across the harbour and out to sea, and there is a dining and barbecue terrace below this.
For the winter there is a comfortable sitting room with a large log fire. For the summer there is easy and safe access to the beach, even for young children, with a bathroom and another separate shower room, washing machine and dryer for your return. The local beach is great for families, and there are many other bathing and surfing beaches nearby.
It has two double bedrooms, and a twin room. There is also a children's room with two single beds in the former artists studio in the converted loft.
For entertainment there is a TV with DVD player and board games in the sitting room, and a good quality CD music player with i-pod connection in the dining room. Electricity, gas, logs & broadband are included in the rental.
The cafes and restaurants of Port Isaac are all a short stroll away.
For those who would like to cook, the large well equipped kitchen has a professional Lacanche range cooker and two fridges, a dishwasher and microwave. The renowned fish merchant Dennis Knight is a few doors away.
We regret no smoking within the house.
Garage parking for 2 cars are included. They are located further up the village, about a 250 metre walk from the house with easy access to the main road.
More details can be found at www.courtenayhouse.com
* Prime location, just steps away from Port Isaac harbour/beach
* Very spacious and well appointed 4 bedroom listed Georgian merchant's house
* Sleeps up to 8 comfortably - up to 6 adults + 2 children in 2 double bedrooms, a twin bedroom, and a children's room in the artists studio loft room with 2 single beds
* Sea views
* Terraced garden with excellent views and barbecue terrace
* Bathroom and separate shower room
* Log fire
* Heating, electricity and phone included
* Professional kitchen range, 2 fridges, dishwasher, washer and dryer, microwave
* TV, DVD, CD and Wireless Broadband
* Bed linen included
* Garages for 2 cars included