|Minimum Stay||4 nights|
If you are looking for a quiet tropical get-away where the white sand beaches lie in harmony between the sky blue ocean waters and the lush palm trees (but don't want the hassle and worry of traveling to a foreign country), Sanibel Island off the southwest coast of Florida may be calling to you.
Not only is Sanibel rich in exotic wildlife sanctuaries, it also offers every conveniences from shopping in small boutiques to dining in restaurants from romantic candle light to pizza takeout. You can take a ride on the Island Trolley or ride on the miles of paved bike trails throughout the island. And most of all, don't forget that Sanibel Island has miles of public beach to stroll with some of the best shelling in North America.
The condo is located in the Loggerhead Cay Condominium Complex located on the easily accessible east end of the island. The complex is located directly on the beach and is just steps away from long peaceful walks along the Gulf of Mexico. Our newly redecorated two-bedroom unit has everything you need to make you comfortable in this island paradise. The fully equipped kitchen is perfect for those who want to dine in and then enjoy a movie on the VCR or a relaxing whirlpool after a long day in the sun.
We had a great stay at this property. Steps to the beach, dedicated parking spot, screened in deck and all the amenities made our first, but not last, trip to Sanibel one for the books. David is very open to making everything great for your comfort.
This was the perfect girls getaway. Came down with my mother in law, sister in law, niece and 7 year old daughter. We stayed for 4 nights and Dave was so easy to work with. The condo was clean, pool was perfect and view of the ocean was fantastic. Really nice having laundry in the condo. We will definitely be back!
We reserved this unit on a last minute notice and could not have been more pleased! Dave responded quickly and we emailed back & forth easily. He was great to communicate with and only lives a couple of blocks away so was able to provide any assistance or information we needed (which luckily was very little). The condo was spacious, clean, well decorated, up to date and had everything (and more) that we needed, including beach chairs and an umbrella. The screened in porch was an added bonus. A short walk to the beach, a large wonderful pool and close to everything on the island. My husband & I were the only ones on this trip, but it could easily have accommodated two couples of a family - spacious as I mentioned. We love Sanibel and wouldn't hesitate to return to Loggerhead Cay and especially to this lovely condo.
Margie & Randy Booze
If you are looking for conveniently located, basic accommodations in Sanibel, this is a solid choice. Dave was great to work with. He's obviously been doing this for many years and has a good system down. There was no hassle in getting/returning keys and great communication.
Things I appreciated:
- Dave's list of local must-sees
- Clean furnishings
- Sand & beach toys available
- Starter items provided (tiny soaps, laundry detergent, TP, few trash bags, etc.)
- Quiet, friendly complex
- Clean, heated pool
- Ample parking
- Great location on beach and bike trails
- Dual shower head in master bath
- Broom and vacuum provided
Things I wish I had known:
- 2nd floor unit (walk up only, no elevator)
- Condo office will accept deliveries on your behalf (hello Amazon!)
- Bike racks in front of unit fill up quickly
- No need to lock bikes
- Hot water in unit is limited
- Must keep all food in fridge, so plan ahead
- All tables are glass, so be mindful of young children
Things That Could Be Improved:
- There were no cleaning supplies whatsoever. We flew in from the West Coast and in addition to the usual (paper towels, toilet paper, laundry detergent, soap, etc.), we had to buy full size bottles of clorox clean up, windex, dish soap, etc. I can't imagine staying somewhere for days or weeks and not being able to clean the glass tables or clean the counters and bathroom. A bottle of these basics kept under the sink would be very helpful, so each guest can maintain the unit and won't have to buy and discard full bottles of cleaners.
- The kitchen window was broken (glass separated from frame upon our arrival. Coming from a big city, this made me nervous. Dave called us and told us about it a few days in and said that he was aware of it and that it would not be fixed during our stay. Thankfully, Sanibel is very safe and we didn't have any problems.
- The unit had a very "old" and musty smell. I couldn't figure out why, but it was definitely there. We just kept the windows open and fan on and sprayed lots of febreze.
- The jacuzzi tub is not functional. By the time we filled it to the suggested level (above the jets), the hot water had run out every time. It was warm out, so we could have used it with cooler water, but once we turned on the jets with the cool water, black flakes and grime came spurting out. We cleaned it out and tried again a few times with the same results.
We fell in love with Sanibel and will be back!
This is our second stay at Dave’s Loggerhead Key condo. The first stay was awesome!
The second was even better. We knew where we were going and what to expect.
Some helpful knowledge:
~ You are getting an exceptional value for the price
~ The condo is extremely well maintained and current
~ The furniture is tasteful and complete
~ Information packet extremely well thought out and useful
~ extra towels
~ Full size wash and dryer…including detergent
~ Twin shower heads in “walk in” shower (very nice touch indeed!)
~ jetted tub in master suite
~ Kitchen complete, full size 4 burner stove/oven, dishwasher, flatware, dishes etc.
Complete meals can be prepared with existing “equipment”.
~ Safe location, including door lock plus deadbolt
~ Dedicated parking
~ Free dedicated Wi-Fi, long distance phone included
~ Short stroll to the beach
Service from the owner:
~ Each time I contacted Dave I received responses quickly and complete
~ Very professional
~ Form of payment was easy secure
~ Key access was easy with clear and concise instruction
~ Excellent follow-up and follow through
~ Hassel free process
The above is just about the best formula you can get!
Now, how did we use all this? Well, we made some great meals eating in the condo. Each morning I strolled to the front of the complex purchased a newspaper, had our
Breakfast and read the paper….it was so peaceful and quite. Lunches, here and there.
Dinners mostly in, but a few out. Tried to find a decent burger, but wasn’t successful, maybe it was just me?? Lazy days bicycling, sunning and swimming at beaches, walking, or just hanging around reading some good books. It is quite peaceful and relaxing on Sanibel!
In conclusion, Dave does his part in spades, Sanibel does its’ part in spades, if you
do your part in spades this very well could be the Best Vacation Ever!
Happy Sanibeling and Happy Shelling,
Gary and Marti
What a great week we had! My husband and I spent the week in paradise once again. Condo was great and as always you are fantastic to deal with! Very great communication and response from you! Weather was great, improvements made to the unit and the complex look great! Thank you again for helping make our vacation nice, quiet, and relaxing! Planning to come back next summer with all the family! Thanks again and I have told so many people that this is where they need to spend their vacation! Penny and Mark Noe, Columbus, IN
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
May 1 2017 - Jun 30 2017
4 night minimum stay
Jul 8 2017 - Nov 17 2017
4 night minimum stay
Nov 27 2017 - Dec 22 2017
4 night minimum stay