Property address: 309 Claghorn Place. Claghorn Place is located off Congress between North and Park. It is a quiet cul-de-sac street, less than 3 blocks to beach, Washington Street Mall, town. Charming cape cod style with modern, fully equipped kitchen, updated bathrooms, outdoor shower , wonderful front porch with rocking chairs, washer, dryer, yard, off street parking. Available year round. nightly/weekends- weekly in season.
- House1700 sq. ft.
- Half Baths0
- Min Stay2 - 7 nights
4 bedrooms-2 full baths-sleeps10
- Calendar last updated:
- Nov 9, 2018
Check-in: 2:00 PM
Check-out: 10:00 AM
Canceled bookings will not receive a refund
Great place. Short walk to beach and shops
Would recommend this place. Nice large dining/living room.
Great shore house
Charming,well equipped place “down the shore.” The neighborhood is quiet and the walk to the beach or mall is about four blocks. Owner very responsive to our few questions. Particularly enjoyed the front porch rockers.
comfy, quirky family vacation home
Wonderfully quiet street (you can hear the ocean from the front porch). Four rocking chairs on the front porch. Unusually shaped bedrooms upstairs which are great for kids or young adults and friends. Comfortable downstairs bedroom with Queen bed. Nice big family area with large table for dining or game playing and sofas and chairs for TV watching on rainy days. Nice outdoor shower too and propane grill. The yard of the property seems to hold water if it's been rainy, but the landlord was great about checking on things to make sure all was well - and it was. We'd return here in a heartbeat!
Very nice place and close to the beach
A charming, relaxing family house 3 blocks away from the beach . Jim is a great guy and quick to reply to any questions or concerns you may have . The house is stocked with anything you may need or want . I would definitely stay there again
Great location nice guy
Jim was really easy to work with and was very responsive which was much appreciated. Neighbors are super weird and the coffee maker was scary but other than that would rent from him again.
Awesome week and the best location in town!
We stayed at this property for the 4th of July week in 2012.
There were 7 of us: 3 toddlers and 4 adults, and there was plenty of room for everyone.
The house is nicely kept, with probably all the things one might need while on vacation, including beach chairs, beach umbrellas (old ones, but they worked great for us), bikes (beaters though, but did the job), drying rack outside, boogie boards, all the dishware, silverware, cleaning sullies, etc. There is an air conditioner in every room, including a very powerful one in the living room. There is a roomy nicely kept backyard with green grass, and a very nice outdoor shower (with warm water), that we used all the time. There is a patio up in the front, with a table and 4 nice chairs, and there is a gas grill. The grill is a little older, but once you get a hang of it, grilling was great!
There were several things that we absolutely loved about the property:
1. It is located at almost the end of a dead end street (one of the very few in Cape May), so this means there was almost no traffic, accept for the people looking for parking. This made it a great place for kids to play, and for parents not to worry about the cars that much.
2. The house is located literally 5 minutes walk to the beach, to the Center Washington Mall (center street in Cape May), to stores, to pharmacy, to hardware store, to bike rental, to the park where the musicians perform lice, to most of the best restaurants, etc. So we only used the car a couple times to get groceries! It was great!
3. The fireworks are 100% visible right from the porch.
And one more thing, the owner was very available, and even stopped by to address one issue we had (nothing major, should have read the manual).
So the bottom line is, we really enjoyed the vacation, and the place, and would love to go back there again! I think that it would be very hard to find such a nice place in such a nice location in Cape May.
1. Make sure you bring baby gates if you use them, as the stair case is very steep.
2. One upstairs bedroom doesn't have doors, just the curtains, so not a good place for a toddler. In our case adults stayed there.
3. Internet was working on and off, could be because of all the storms in the area at that time. We actually enjoyed it to be without internet for some time. (still had it on our phones though)
Other Activities: Cape May Zoo, Close to walking nature preserve
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
Saturday to Saturday rentals in season. Off season- $ 225 per night -Off season weekends, arrive anytime Friday and leave anytime Sunday. Contact owner with specific dates and times. Security and cleaning deposit $ 250. Cleaning not included in rental price.