A Luxury Large Ancient Rustic House with Infinity Pool, Sea Views(21 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:7 nights
- Property type:Chateau / Country House
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
About the Property
4 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms, sleeps up to 9
Facilities include fast (20mb) WiFi broadband internet access, 2 Apple iMac computers, HD Satellite UK and European channels, home cinema system with Apple TV film library and film rental, washing machine, dish washer, alfresco dining area, full gamesroom with full size American Pool table, large screen HD Satellite TV, Wii games console, and classic pub video game table with Jukebox faciliy. A Private garage is available for guest use, luxury sunbeds, roof terrace with amazing views, and a full landscaped terraced garden.
The garden has a child safe gated lower terrace with Playground including playhouse, slide and climbing wall. A high chair, cot and stair gates provided.
NEW: All bedrooms have independent HD Satellite UK and European TV.
Four luxury bedrooms, 2 doubles and 2 twins sleeping up to 8 adults. 3 bathrooms including Jacuzzi plus poolside toilet/changing room & shower. There is an additional bed available on request for the larger twin room, ideal for children sharing the room. *** New for 2015 *** All bedrooms have their own HD Satellite TV allowing independent viewing of UK and European television in each guest room.
The ancient village of Dolcedo is within walking distance with restaurants, shops, bank, chemist etc. The beach is 10 mins drive from Dolcedo, as is the town of Imperia and a large supermarket.
Airports: Nice is technically the nearest airport - just over an hours drive. Genoa (Genova) airport is also very close - 1.5 hours drive. Turin airport is also within easy reach at approximately 2.5 hours drive.
The swimming pool is a salt water pool (only a tenth as salty as the sea!) which generates its own chlorine as needed, hence having a much lower chlorine level than normal pools. On reacting with bacteria the chlorine turns back to salt. The pool is therefore ecologically friendly, and is far better in smell, taste and on the eyes than a normal chlorine pool. The pool is large (4.5m by 11.5m) - 1m deep in the shallow end and 1.8m in the deep end. A diving board enhances the pool. The pool is located on the top terrace to benefit from the panoramic views. Luxury sunbeds and and bar tables are also provided, and there is a toilet/changing room and outside shower, plus shade offered by olive trees.
The mid terrace is landscaped with fruit trees etc.
An alfresco dining area in shade of olive trees and BBQ area are located on the child friendly lower terrace (fenced/gates on exits) with Children's Playground and access to house.
Games Room and Comfortable Lounge: A luxury games room including a high quality full size American Pool table, Electronic Darts, 2 player cocktail style arcade game featuring around 100 favorite games including Space Invaders, Galaxians, Pacman etc. and a Jukebox facility, plus a Nintendo Wii games console with many games. In addition, there is comfortable seating, large screen HD satellite TV (European and UK), plus beer/wine fridge.
The light and airy main lounge includes large high definition (fullHD) screen, UK (FreeSat including BBC 1 HD, BBC 2 HD,BBC News HD, ITV HD and channel 4 HD services) and European satellite (Hotbird and Astra 2) with the possibility to record programmes for later viewing, home cinema system Apple TV system with a film and music library and the possibility to rent the latest films. The lounge also has board games, comfortable sofas, ambient lighting and access to the kitchen and dining room and garden. This level also contains 2 large screen iMac computers with high speed broadband internet access. The internet is also accessable via WiFi on all floors if guests wish to use their own laptops, iPhones etc.
Landline telephone is provided for guest use with freefor local calls. Restaurant bookings, tourist info etc., plus it can receive international calls.
Baby Sitting service can be arranged subject to availability.
Member since: 2005
- Chateau / Country House
- 200 m²
- Max. occupancy 9
- Pets Not Allowed
- Smoking Allowed
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Unsuitable For Elderly Or Infirm
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
Bedrooms: 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 9, Beds for 9
- There are 2 large double bedrooms. The master bedroom has vaulted ceilings, widescreen UK and European Satellite TV and walk in wardrobe with plenty of storage, with views to the sea. The 2nd double room has vaulted ceilings, ensuite shower room, wardrobe and dresser. There are 2 twin bedrooms. The large first twin room benefits from plenty of storage and twin aspect windows, with views to both the garden and the sea. An additional bed can be added to cater for larger families. The second twin has (lockable) access to the roof terrace, dual aspect views to garden and sea and can be converted to a reading room for parties of 6 people or less....moreless
Bathrooms: 3 Bathrooms
- All bathrooms have luxury fittings and appliances. The largest bathroom has double basins and a hairdryer, plus a double jacuzzi bath and a separate shower enclosure. Another bathroom shared by the twin rooms has views to the sea and contains a washing machine for guest use. The smallest bathroom is en-suite to one of the double bedrooms. All bathrooms have shower cubicles, basins and storage in addition to the other facilities. The fourth bathroom is outside, near to the pool and also doubles as a poolside changing room....moreless
- New: HD Satellite TV available in all guest bedrooms as well as in Lounge and Gamesroom. New : Children's outdoor playground, with hut, slide, climbing wall, and rope climbing net. The property benefits from a full size American pool table, large screen high definition home cinema with film and music library and satellite TV (UK FreeSat and European), including BBC HD and ITV HD. Also provided are an arcade games machine (space invaders, galaxians, pacman etc.) with jukebox facility and a Wii games console with many games. A beautiful infinity edge swimming pool, sun bathing terraces with luxury sunbeds, BBQ and garage are included (private & sole use). Full Broadband Internet Access & Local Telephone - Computers Provided, but also WiFi on all floors for use with personal laptops, iPhone etc. Free phone for local calls - restaurant bookings, taxis, tourist info etc., and can receive international calls - fully included in rental cost - no additional charges...moreless
- CD Player
- DVD Player
- Game Room:
- Games For Kids
- Music Library:
- Pool Table:
- Satellite / Cable:
- Video Game Console:
- Video Games:
- Video Library:
- Winery Tours
Local Services & Businesses
- Bird Watching
- Horseback Riding
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Whale Watching
- Near The Ocean
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Jet Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Mountain Climbing
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Water Skiing
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- Seating for 10 people
- Broadband Access
- Computer Available
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room:
- Local Activities Guide
- Local Maps
- Local Restaurant Guide
- Macintosh Computer
- Child's Swing
- Deck / Patio
- Lawn / Garden
- Outdoor Grill
Pool / Spa
- Outdoor Pool
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Peak Season 2017
Jul 22 - Sep 8, 2017
7 night min stay
My Standard Rate
7 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Refundable Damage Deposit $876.75
- No additional mandatory fees
Bookings only accepted in weekly multiples, beginning and ending on SATURDAY. Other requests considered, please contact the owner before booking.
Owner's cancellation policy:
Policy available by contacting owner when booking
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
The property is located in a small rural village called Dolcedo, with views of the Mediterranean Sea through green & silver olive tree lined valleys. There are a selection of excellent local restaurants, a bank and shops. The beach and Imperia town are 10 minutes drive. San remo 20 mins, Montecarlo 45 mins. The nearest airports are Nice and Genoa each are just over an hours drive away. Turin airport is just over 2 hours. There are beautiful mountain walks and drives and the area is very popular with skiers, cyclists and golfers. The food and wine of the region are superb - second to none. Tranquiliy, luxury and perfection with all the required facilities at hand.
Infinity Pool, View to Sea
The Comfortable Lounge
Sunbeds by the Pool
The GamesRoom - Full Size Pool Table
The Roof Terrace - A lounge outside, panoramic views.
The Country Style Kitchen
Bespoke Luxury Bathroom
Children's Playground 2
Dining Area and Patio
Landscaped Terrace Garden
The Local Beach
The Front View of the Property
One of the Luxury Bedrooms
Pool with Reflections
Another Bedroom with Ensuite
Dining Area (indoor!)
Front View - 4 floors and 3 doors !
A Twin Room
The Village High Street !
Our Ancient Chapel Neighbour
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.