Come to New Mexico and stay in this delightful home in the heart of Taos. It's an easy walk to the shops of Bent Street, Taos Art gallery district, Taos Institute of Art, Kit Carson Park and many excellent restaurants. Skiing and ski lessons at the world famous Taos Ski Valley are a beautiful 35 minute drive away. Sledding, snow-shoeing, hiking and cross-country skiing will keep the non-skiing outdoor enthusiast busy.
Dinah maintains her studio above the garages. It has a separate entrance and parking off of the alley and above the garages. There will be no noise problems.
The huge kitchen has plenty of room for family cooking, an adjacent dining area and a stone breakfast bar for casual eating. The dining room was made for entertaining, with a long, elegant, white maple table and six armchairs (with extra chairs, ten have been seated). Soft lighting and five huge windows looking out onto the private garden and bird-feeding area make this room a favorite for game playing and bird watching. Additional tables and chairs are available for larger groups. The main house includes a large gas grill on the patio for outdoor cooking.
Main House: (Bedrooms 1-5) Sleeps fourteen (14). The living room is equipped with stereo, DVD player and a large TV. It contains over 4000 square feet of barefoot-comfortable radiant heat. A complete laundry room is off of the kitchen. There are a total of six sleep spaces and a loft with three twin size beds.
Main House - 6 sleeping rooms & 4 bathrooms
(1) The master bedroom suite sleeps 2 in 1 or 2 beds. It has a wonderful feeling of separateness from the main living area. The master bath, in addition to a jetted extra long tub, has a tiled shower. The king bed can be separated into 2 twins.
(2) The 'Monk's Room' sleeps 1. It shares an entry/hallway with the Master Bedroom and has a pocket door that provides privacy. The bed has a twin-long mattress. It can share either the master bath or the 'Kate's Room' bathroom off the hall.
(3) The 'Crow' Suite sleeps 4 in 3 beds. For handicap purposes, it has its own private entrance with car access to the bedroom door. This suite has a queen-size bed and “banco” (a slightly narrow twin with foam mattress).
(4) The second room (pass through) of the 'Crow' Suite has a twin bed. For privacy, bi-fold doors separate the 2 rooms which share a handicap accessible bathroom and shower.
(5) The 'Kate's Room' sleeps 2 in one queen bed and has a TV. Its bathroom, across the hall has a bathroom with tiled shower.
(6) The Garden Suite sleeps 2 in one king bed or 2 twins. Its location off of the kitchen gives it separation from the other sleeping areas. It has a bathroom with shower. A sliding glass door opens onto the garden and gives this space an entrance and small porch of its own.
The main house loft overlooks the kitchen and sleeps 3 in 3 twin beds - great for kids, but plenty of space for three adults.
Main House: sleeps 14 in 12 beds / 4 bathrooms
LET US KNOW IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO HAVE THE KING BEDS BROKEN DOWN INTO TWINS.
This beautiful property is a delightful one-of-a-kind. Location, size and quality make this the ideal home base from which to visit and get to know Taos.
If you need even more room, I have 2 great studio apartments across the street.