Magnificent Home in Taos- Walk to Plaza & Easy Drive to Ski(23 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:3-5 nights
- Property type:House
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:Yes
About the Property
House, 4 bedrooms, + Loft, 4 Baths, 2 bedrooms are actually 2 room suites
Dinah maintains her studio above the garages. It has a separate entrance and parking off of the alley and above the garages. There will be no noise problems.
The huge kitchen has plenty of room for family cooking, an adjacent dining area and a stone breakfast bar for casual eating. The dining room was made for entertaining, with a long, elegant, white maple table and six armchairs (with extra chairs, ten have been seated). Soft lighting and five huge windows looking out onto the private garden and bird-feeding area make this room a favorite for game playing and bird watching. Additional tables and chairs are available for larger groups. The main house includes a large gas grill on the patio for outdoor cooking.
Main House: (Bedrooms 1-5) Sleeps fourteen (14). The living room is equipped with stereo, DVD player and a large TV. It contains over 4000 square feet of barefoot-comfortable radiant heat. A complete laundry room is off of the kitchen. There are a total of six sleep spaces and a loft with three twin size beds.
Main House - 6 sleeping rooms & 4 bathrooms
(1) The master bedroom suite sleeps 2 in 1 or 2 beds. It has a wonderful feeling of separateness from the main living area. The master bath, in addition to a jetted extra long tub, has a tiled shower. The king bed can be separated into 2 twins.
(2) The 'Monk's Room' sleeps 1. It shares an entry/hallway with the Master Bedroom and has a pocket door that provides privacy. The bed has a twin-long mattress. It can share either the master bath or the 'Kate's Room' bathroom off the hall.
(3) The 'Crow' Suite sleeps 4 in 3 beds. For handicap purposes, it has its own private entrance with car access to the bedroom door. This suite has a queen-size bed and “banco” (a slightly narrow twin with foam mattress).
(4) The second room (pass through) of the 'Crow' Suite has a twin bed. For privacy, bi-fold doors separate the 2 rooms which share a handicap accessible bathroom and shower.
(5) The 'Kate's Room' sleeps 2 in one queen bed and has a TV. Its bathroom, across the hall has a bathroom with tiled shower.
(6) The Garden Suite sleeps 2 in one king bed or 2 twins. Its location off of the kitchen gives it separation from the other sleeping areas. It has a bathroom with shower. A sliding glass door opens onto the garden and gives this space an entrance and small porch of its own.
The main house loft overlooks the kitchen and sleeps 3 in 3 twin beds - great for kids, but plenty of space for three adults.
Main House: sleeps 14 in 12 beds / 4 bathrooms
LET US KNOW IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO HAVE THE KING BEDS BROKEN DOWN INTO TWINS.
This beautiful property is a delightful one-of-a-kind. Location, size and quality make this the ideal home base from which to visit and get to know Taos.
If you need even more room, I have 2 great studio apartments across the street.
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Learn more
Member since: 2002
- 4000 sq. ft.
- Max. occupancy 13
- Events Allowed
- Children Welcome:
- Non Smoking Only:
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
Bedrooms: 6 Bedrooms, Sleeps 13, Beds for 13
Bathrooms: 4 Bathrooms
- High speed wireless broadband access for your laptop computor, Air Conditioning in some bedrooms, Cable TVs, VCRs, CD Players, Full Kitchens, Microwaves, Dishwasher and soap, Cooking Utensils, Spices and some basics (oil, flour, sugar, etc, ) provided, All linens and extra towels, hand and shower soap, Washer with detergent supply, Large Gas Grill, No Smoking except out of doors...moreless
- CD Player
- DVD Player
- Music Library
- Satellite / Cable
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Live Theater
- Recreation Center
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Eco Tourism
- Horseback Riding
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Cross Country Skiing
- Hot Air Ballooning
- Mountain Biking
- Rock Climbing
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- Seating for 10 people
- Air Conditioning
- Broadband Access
- Clothes Dryer:
- Gas Fireplace
- Hair Dryer
- Ice Maker
Pool / Spa
- Hot Tub
- Jetted Tub
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Ski Season - 2017
Jan 3 - Mar 31, 2017
3 night min stay
Jun 8 - Sep 10, 2017
4 night min stay
Rates are based on 8 guests; add $25 per night, per additional guest
Dec 20 - Jan 1, 2018
5 night min stay
Rates are based on 8 guests; add $15 per night, per additional guest
My Standard Rate
3 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Pet Fee $25 + tax
- cleaning fee $220 + tax
- pet fee (1 time) $25 + tax
- Tax Rate 8.92%
Listed price is for 8 people. Additional fee of $25 per guest for over 8.
Credit card use adds 3% of total before taxes
Checks or e-checks have no additional fee
pet fee is for entire stay
The Gathering Place no longer includes the Getaway Apt. We do have 2 other VRBO studio apartments across the street.
Owner's cancellation policy:
Policy available by contacting owner when booking
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Taos Ski Valley, Taos Pueblo and Indian pow-wow, Rio Grande River rafting, Taos Art Galleries, Taos Institute of Art, Solar Fest, art classes, jewelry making classes, book-making & binding classes, writing workshops, Pueblo Indian (Tewa) holiday events open to the public, many area festivals
Year Purchased: 1995
About the owner: Dinah is a much awarded artist that has filled the house with artwork. She also maintains a studio in town.
Why the Owner Chose Taos, NM, USA:
I bought this property for its location within a quiet neighborhood in the Taos Historic Destrict. We lived here and loved the lifestyle of walking and being part of the Taos community. After an extensive remodel and kids leaving home, I couldn't let go of a house that was way too big for me. I decided to do short term rentals and hold our own family reunions here.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
This is an artistic and beautiful home within easy walking distance to the main plaza and Bent Street with its colorful atmosphere and lots of shops, museums and restaurants. It is within a close walk to 2 parks to keep pets and kids happy. Wireless internet access, full laundry and a house not only full of art but, remodeled by artists with lots of small creative touches. Hiking and skiing are easy to get to and we live in the neighborhood so if you need help, it is nearby.
- Primary: +575 7708614
- Secondary: +1 5757704469
The Front of The Gathering Place in Fresh Snow
High Adobe Walls Surround the Hot Tub
The Dining Room Surrounded by Gardens
Over the Bridge to The Gathering Place
Long view of Master Bedroom bthroom
Stone Blocks Line the Kitchen Entry
Kitchen and Dining Room on a Snowy Day
Urban Wildlife - Magpie on my Patio Gate
Hot Water, Steam and Snow
Twin bed and sink in handicap accessible room
Door to Monk's room
This listing was first published here in 2002.
Date last modified - Friday, March 24, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.