Lisa or Grant
Check-in: 3:00 PM
Check-out: 10:00 AM
Minimum age of primary renter:25
Max guests:6 (sleeps up to 6 adults)
The unit we rent was much older then it seems on the picture. The second bathroom was not clean and stink
We have owned our condo for 14 years. We renovated it in 2005, and again in September 2018. Our cleaning service cleaned the condo immediately following your departure and discovered that someone in your party did not flush the toilet after they used it, which explains the odor. It has now been professionally cleaned. Many other guests have stayed in our condo since your departure and there have been no further complaints of any odors.
Close to snorkeling beach
Kamaole beach park 3 right across the highway had really good snorkeling
Great location — nice furnishings and appliances
Mahalo for you nice comments. We hope you return again soon.
Unit is dated.
But spacious. My only complaint is that there is No A/C in the room. It is very hot with no a/c.
Our condo was completely renovated and furnished with new furniture in September 2018. It also has a new AC and is absolutely gorgeous.
3 1/2 stars. Reasonable price, great location
Kamaole Sands is a gated resort just a short walk across the street to the beach. The grounds are well kept, well guarded, and the staff are friendly. We felt safe the entire time. Our adult son traveled with us and we appreciated having a second bathroom for privacy. Our unit was clean and had most utensils we needed to cook there. Though this unit could use a bit of maintenance and minor repairs, it didn't deter us from having a terrific time.
The ceiling fans were good quality, worked well, and were perfectly quiet; all attributes that were greatly appreciated. Having AC in the living room was a nice bonus after a day in the sun when a couple days got quite warm.
We just completed quarterly maintenance and major deep cleaning of our condo. It is spotless and gorgeous. Mahalo for your feedback.
Major disappointment, YUK
On entering the condo, the first things we noticed was the smell of mildew and how dark the condo was- not a good first impression.
Additional complaints include:
- The location of condo was ~12 ft from the parking lot. People were coming and going at all hours of day and night, and with bedroom right in front, we could hear everything going on- including drunken brawls.
- Inadequate bedroom closets. One had two foam mattresses stuffed in it (closet doors bulged and unable to close properly) and the other had miscellaneous items on shelves from condo being painted.
- Master bathroom’s tub/shower was old, the caulking was peeling, tub was stained. It was very evident it hadn’t been cared for in a long time.
- Guest Bathroom had a missing towel bar. Shower was tiny- best be a small person if planning on using it.
- Washer/drier had strong odor of mildew.
- Kitchen stove and refrigerator were old and outdated. Inadequate cooking utensils.
- Lanai door had a small sign on it stating to open and close slider carefully to avoid it coming off the track. It took considerable muscle to open and close due to track being dirty. They obviously know it has issues.
- Garden view consisted of some lawn and flowers, as well as cyclone fence and parking lot on the other side of fence.
- The sheets on bed were clean, but the blankets were old and funky. I used a beach towel to stay warm. The pillows are so old, they’re hard and lumpy. So gross.
We would never recommend this unit. Wish we had looked at the reviews on third party websites like YELP, never would have rented it. Wish we could post photos to show what to expect, but can't on this site.
Our condo was just completely renovated and has all new furniture, AC and amenities. We just completed quarterly maintenance and major deep cleaning of our condo. There are no odors and it is spotless! The lanai doors were off track and we installed new wheels. The bathroom towel bar is re-attached. Our condo is stocked with new linens and bedding, and the kitchen fully stocked for cooking. Mahalo.
Most attractions are within walking distance or a short drive from your condo. Kahului Airport is just 20 minutes away. Miles of gorgeous golden sandy beaches, world championship Wailea golf courses, shopping, restaurants, nightlife, and luau's are all nearby. Tennis, Horseback Riding, Whale Watching, Swimming, Scuba Diving, Snorkeling, Surfing, Windsurfing, Boating, Sailing, Parasailing, Fishing, Mt. Haleakala, Bike Riding, Hiking, Maui Ocean Center Aquarium, Marine Preserve, Maui Botanical Gardens, Fitness and Aquatics Center and Multiplex Movie Theatres.