Cayuga Lake Aurora Lakeside Deck Over Water -10 Mile View- Wine Trails(10 Reviews)
The manager has been emailed.
This manager doesn't offer online booking through VRBO's checkout. You won't be eligible for our Book with Confidence Guarantee.
Never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram. Learn more
- Minimum stay:4 nights
- Property type:House
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
About the Property
3 bdrm, 2 bath w/WRAP AROUND DECK ON THE WATER - on Cayuga (one of Fingerlakes)
* ON THE WATER 10 MILE VIEW FROM WRAP AROUND DECK - YEAR ROUND TASTEFULLY FURNISHED private HOME - 1 mile south of the charming village of Aurora near Wells College. Perfect for summer vacations and Autumn retreats.
YOU WILL BE COMFORTABLE AT SUNSET HOUSE whether you use it as a base for activities or just never leave once you arrive.
THE MAIN LEVEL includes a Great Room with cathedral ceilings (ceiling fans), gas fireplace, basic cable TV, DVD, and CD/radio with sound system.
DINING AREA, FULLY EQUIPPED KITCHEN with dual fuel stove, microwave and coffeemaker.
* OUTSTANDING SUNSETS
* RENOWNED Finger Lakes WINE TRAIL
* Stairs to walk into lake and dock with stair access from parking area
* 1 MILE TO CHARMING VILLAGE OF AURORA , Cell phone is necessary and ATT reception can be a problem. 1 mile south to beach at Long Point State Park.
* NEARBY: twenty easy miles to the heart of ITHACA, 30 minutes to SKANEATLES and 30 minutes to Auburn.
* Plus or minus 1 hr to Syracuse, Rochester, Corning and Watkins Glen.
* WINE TRAIL and-3 1/2 miles to Goose Watch Winery by boat.
* MACKENZIE-CHILDS POTTERY FACTORY, Bass Pro Shop,
* Bringing your own linens is preferable. Linens and towels are available. Blankets and pillows provided.
* INTERNET AVAILABLE, WI-FI AVAILABLE at Dorie's Restaurant, Wells College and Fargo Bar and Grill in Aurora (1 mile)
* WATER FOR COOKING AND DRINKING IS PROVIDED. Treated, sanitized well water for showers and sinks is not for drinking.
Before making a payment, always call the manager at the number listed on our website to make sure your payment instructions are accurate.
Never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram.Learn more
Member since: 2008
- 1400 sq. ft.
- Max. occupancy 6
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Low Allergen Environment
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 6
- ALL ROOMS HAVE LAKE VIEW: - Bedroom 1 On The First Floor Has A Very Comfortable Queen Size Bed With Adjacent Full Bath. - Bedroom 2 On The Second Floor Has Two Comfortable 3/4 Beds, Sitting Area, TV, DVD and VHS Player. Full Bath Off The Bedroom. - Bedroom 3 Has Bunk Beds, A Day Bed That Pulls Out (Sleeps Two) - There Is A Sitting Area Outside Of this Bedroom. The Full Bath Is Also Available For Bedroom 3...moreless
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
- SEE Photos for more detail.
- * Please completely read property description and communicate questions by e-mail * TO RESERVE week(s) or night(s) 1/2 rental amount required to hold reservation. * A $500 DAMAGE DEPOSIT (returned within 1 week- net of extraordinary cleaning or damages) and balance of rent due UPON ARRIVAL. * NO PETS. Some guests have allergies. * CANCELLATION requires One Month notice for full refund unless rescheduled. * 10% Discount for multiple weeks. * NON SMOKING HOME. * Please leave the home as you found it. Cleaning supplies provided. * Most property around the finger lakes do not have municipal services. We do not have village water or sewer. We have treated private well water for showering and sinks. Potable water for cooking and drinking is provided. (directions/location for refilling water provided) *Trash pickup is weekly. Please use the three containers provided separating food garbage, glass and paper into one of the containers....moreless
- Books For Adults
- CD Player
- DVD Player
- Away From It All
- Tourist Attractions
- Autumn Foliage
- Live Theater
- Winery Tours
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Gambling Casinos
- Outlet Shopping
- Paddle Boating
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Golf Course Front:
- Golf Course View:
- Lake View:
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Freshwater Fishing
- Jet Skiing
- Water Skiing
- Water Tubing
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- Seating for 6 people
- Activities Guide
- Air Conditioning
- Alarm Clock
- Basic Soaps
- Bottled Water
- Ceiling Fans
- Clothes Dryer
- Filtered Water
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
We are a couple and washing linens in between guests arriving is time consuming, However if guests are traveling by air from another state or country we will provide linens and towels for a $50....moreless
- Living Room
- Local Activities Guide
- Local Maps
- Parking Off Street:
- Sofa Bed
- Towels Provided:
- Washing Machine
- Wood Stove:
- 4 Ring Stove
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils
- Dishes & Utensils
- Lobster Pot
- Boat Dock
- Deck / Patio:
- Kayak / Canoe:
- Outdoor Grill
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
IIncludes Memorial Day
May 13 - Jun 30, 2017
4 night min stay
Jul 1 - Sep 9, 2017
4 night min stay
My Standard Rate
4 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Refundable Damage Deposit $500
- Taxes Not included
1 week res for July-August
* July and August - multiple week discount, EARLY BOOKING DISCOUNT when reserving advance of season.
* Memorial Day,Labor day, Wells, Cornell and Ithaca Graduation weekends $240 day
We ask for 1/2 the rental by check to confirm your reservation. The rest of the rental fees will be received by us when you arrive. We also ask for a check for the security ($500) which is returned to you after one week if the home is as you found it when you arrived and there is no damage to the property.
Manager's cancellation policy:
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Reading the complete property description will insure you enjoy staying at our lake home in a beautiful rural environment.
Communicate by e-mail or contact by phone number 585-967-5700 or 5708 to deal with any questions or concerns.
For shopping 1 mile from the charming village of Aurora and 5 miles from Union Springs New York. Nestled along the eastern shore of Cayuga Lake Aurora is surrounded by rolling farmland and dramatic gorges and waterfalls. Guests staying at Sunset House enjoy beautiful scenery. wineries, artisan cheese making, dining, antiques, shopping, outdoor recreation.
Golf: WELLS COLLEGE GOLF COURSE
A beautiful nine-hole course designed by Robert Trent Jones, Club and cart rental available. Concessions and prop shop on premises. Open dawn to dusk,
KING FERRY GOLF COURSE
1309 Clearview Rd., King Ferry. Scottish-links style, 9 holes with lake view.
Year Purchased: 1993
About: Phil and Phyllis purchased the property from a family member. Phil's dream was to build his own home on the lake in 1993. We worked together on the home while working for corporations in Rochester, NY. We've met many interesting families and enjoy sharing our lake home.
Why Aurora, NY, USA (Cayuga County):
The property belonged to Phil's Uncle and he wanted to keep the property in the family. We are so delighted to have been able to build Sunset House for the family. We hope you enjoy your stay!
The Unique Benefits at this House:
Sunset House deck is over the lake and all the rooms have views of the lake. There is a Chiminea for fires on a cool day and comfy outdoor furniture. Our lake home is tastefully decorated and family antiques add to the charm of the home..
- Primary: +1 585-967-5700 PLEASE LEAVE MESSAGE ON SECONDARY NUMBER
- Secondary: 585-967-5700 LEAVE MESSAGE - CALL ANY TIME
- Tertiary: +1 5859675708 LEAVE MESSAGE - CALL ANY TIME
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
SPRING, SUMMER, FALL IN FINGER LAKES - WINE TRAILS, WATERFALLS
Sunset from the Deck
Deck Looking West
Upstairs Master Bedroom
Upstairs bedroom .
Dining area - view of lake
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Send a Message
Contact the manager or see rate notes on this listing for additional information and fees
Send a message to manager
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.