|Space||3,200 sq. ft.|
|Minimum Stay||7 nights|
* Architect's delight. Immaculate. Spacious, open floor plan, new house, full of light.
* Large, heated pool surrounded by shading palm and fruit trees and vegetation wall. Outdoor dining, sitting and barbecue grill, two outdoor hot water showers
* Entry courtyard with water fountain greets you and your visitors.
* Palm-enclosed natural gazebo, raised near entrance
* Beautiful garden with many exotic flowers and fruit bearing trees
* Great room with wood fireplace, perfect for romantic evenings or relaxing with family and friends. 3 Lazy chairs, kitchen island with bar stools, all in one great room.
* Master suite includes sitting and office areas, with own access to pool deck and to beach path and 'hiding lounge'
* Master bath is beautifully decorated with hand painted porcelain vessel sinks, marble, granite, and separate 2 person Jacuzzi and shower with glass enclosure.
* The common bath has double sinks and a sunken tub
* Formal dining room for eight can be opened to provide fresh air from the courtyard. Beautiful art and collection pieces. Fine china.
*Gourmet kitchen, state of the art appliances, granite counter tops with full splashes
* Yearly turtle nesting sites right on our beach.
* A golfer's paradise, with 15 beautiful golf courses within a 5-30 minute drive !
* The secluded beach and vast lagoon provide opportunities for surfing, snorkeling, boogie boarding, stand-up paddle boarding, kayaking, surf-casting, shelling and fantastic fishing! Catch Pompano, Whiting, Snook, Spanish Mackerel, Bluefish and more right at our beach, with equipment provided! Boating excursions, deep sea fishing, nearby airboat rides, great cafe's, music and entertainment within a mile.
* Riverside Theater, Museum of Art, fine and family restaurants, shopping, tennis and golf, unique boutiques, nearby McGee Botanical Gardens, Mel Fisher Museum of the Treasure Coast, Navy Seal's Museum
* Private Beach - endless white sandy beaches- crystal blue waters
* Snorkeling for tropical and local fish within a mile
* Numerous golf courses in area - a golfer's paradise
* Beach and lagoon for observation of local and migrating birds, dolphin and manatees
* Famous Pelican Island
* Well known Jungle Trail for biking and nature hiking
* Watch Skydivers' events and Canaveral rocket launches
* Visit unique Bok Tower Gardens and so much more
Enjoy unparalleled privacy, tranquility and safety.
Bring only your clothes, as we provide just about anything else you may need: from spices in the kitchen to beach chairs and umbrellas, pool floats, body boards, ocean kayaks, games and kites, surf fishing equipment, stand up paddle board, ping pong table and bicycles. Watch sea turtles, fly a kite, stroll the beach at sunset, relax like never before.
Come, experience paradise!
Read our 43 reviews, every one of them 5 stars. No one has given us a review below 5 stars and we strive to keep it that way! It is our pride and joy to have this.
I fell in love with Vero Beach in the 1990’s, when I brought my two young boys here from Fort Lauderdale to learn surfing. I liked Vero’s barrier island so much that I sold my medical practice and moved here. Now that the boys are grown up and on their own I love sharing the magic of my Surf Lane home with those who appreciate this very unique part of Florida as much as I.
My early years were spent in an American-staffed International school, followed by medical school, in Colombia. Though my parents were of modest means they managed to make sure all six of us were at least bilingual by graduation. After Residency in the Panama Canal Zone U.S. Army Hospital I completed my Pediatrics training in Orlando, then practiced Pediatrics for the better part of two decades in south Florida.
I take personal pride in hosting guests at Surf Lane, and enjoy doing everything I can to make their vacations memorably wonderful.
Maria Arroyave purchased this house in 2004
Vero Beach’s barrier island, between the placid Indian River lagoon (inter coastal waterway) and miles of fine sandy beaches on the Atlantic ocean, is very unlike most other parts of Florida – little traffic most of the year, tasteful and carefully planned commercial development (two story limit except for two grandfathered 9 story buildings), tranquil neighborhoods, and almost no souvenir or t-shirt shops. The beach a hundred steps from my Surf Lane home is near a lifeguard station where more than two dozen bathers may only happen during Spring Break.
My Surf Lane vacation home is at the end of a cul-de-sac in a tranquil neighborhood, one home from the ocean. It is close enough to highway A1A to be convenient, but far enough to be quiet and peaceful. The location affords instant private beach access, yet is shielded from constant wind and sea spray, and rents at more economical rates than ocean front homes.
We had a wonderful time spending the week in your beautiful home! There were 9'of us, my two adult daughters with their husbands, my son, my husband ,and also my two middle school aged daughters . There was plenty of room for all of us. We spent a lot of time around the pool and walked to the beach which was a few steps down the path .The beach towels, umbrella, chairs, accessories , everything we needed was there. Very quiet neighborhood. The beds were very comfortable. We prepared meals and found plenty of plates, utensils, and cookware. We also found several wonderful restaurants in the area. We drove to Disney and Universal a couple of days. We really had a perfect week! Any questions we had were promptly answered! Thanks for being so friendly and for making our YOLO trip so wonderful !
Sherri and Monte Hess
Our family spent two weeks at this home this past summer. It was the most fun and relaxing vacaton we have ever had. The house is located in Vero Beach literally steps away from the beach. There are many nearby grocery stores, malls, outlet stores etc. The pictures shown on this website DO NOT do the house justice. This home is even more BEAUTIFUL in person. This house is stunning from the inside and out with a great pool, landscaping and beautiful art pieces--many painted by Maria's mom. The house was very clean, comfortable and well maintained. It was extremely comforting to know that the house is Category 4 hurricane proof! The owners, Bob and Maria are two of the nicest people we have ever met. They were extremely knowledgable and hospitable. It was a pleasure meeting them and some of their family members. Although there was plenty to do at the house (i.e. bikes, kayaks, boat trips etc.) there are so many near by activities you can do as well. Bob took us on a boat trip one day and the kids were able to fish and swim, they had the best time. We were also able to do many day trips such as Sea Word, Universal, Andretti thrill park etc. I would absolutely recommend this home to anyone who wants to have a fun and relaxing vacation! We hope to one day be able to stay at this home again. Thanks for the wonderful hospitality and the great memories!
Just came back from a wonderful month in Maria's beautiful house
in lovely Vero Beach. The house is spacious, private & enjoyed by all.
The pool & backyard are the best..my 2 grandchildren didn't want their
week to end; would highly recommend this property. Walking to the beach everyday was great...1 house away. Maria, we enjoyed meeting
you & your husband; you were always available to answer questions. Lots to do in Vero Beach or, just sit by the pool. Thanks again for opening your beautiful home for people to rent. Annie was hooked on the beach walks, relaxing in the back yard & watching for the
squirrel. Enjoy your summer!
We have stayed at many homes and this is easily the top of the list. The pictures do not do this house justice! Maria, if you ever sell this home let me know. I would love to retire here.
The description is accurate. The house is well appointed, the kitchen has everything you need, the furniture is very comfortable, and the location is about as good as it gets. You are 1 minute form the beach. We could hear the waves from the pool.
The pool area is great and very private. The pool is very large for a private home. The biggest we have seen. There is plenty of very comfortable seating, perfect lighting for nighttime and ceiling fans if you need a breeze.
There are 2 outdoor showers with one right next to the gate that leads to the beach. That one also has a spigot for just rinsing your feet which is extremely convenient if that is all you need to rinse off. Perfect after a relaxing stroll on the fantastic beach.
The beach is great. Private is a perfect description. Other than when people came out to watch the SpaceX launch, yes you can see them from this beach, we felt like we were on a deserted island. We could walk north for several miles and only see a handful of people. South you will hit the public beach but even that had maybe 2 dozen people and they were not your typical spring-breakers.
You are pretty close to town, maybe a 5 minute drive, and have easy access to the mainland. Vero Beach itself is great. Very quiet and has a great mix of everyday places to high end shops and restaurants. Even with it being prime time we rarely had to wait to get a table even last minute. We only missed out dining at one place and that is because we were a walk in and did not want to wait 30 minutes to sit on the patio.
We only had 2 issues with the home. The left side of the toaster was not working and there was 1 door that was not easy to close. Even so my kids did not have trouble using the door so I forgot to mention it. It was that minor.
Maria is a great host. Even while she was travelling internationally she responded immediately to my questions.
You really cannot ask for more. Excellent home, great pool area, 1 house from very private beach, close to town, easy access to the mainland, extremely responsive host, and at a very reasonable price for what you get.
Oh, and the construction site. We did not hear anything and you cannot see it from the house unless you walk out to the street.
We had a great relaxing vacation. Thanks Maria.
This was a wonderful place - we shared with another couple and their was plenty of room for all to relax and enjoy the home. The property owner called to check in and make sure we were happy with everything. She was also very nice. We would definitely choose this property again if back in the Vero Beach area.
Sorry I made a mistake on my wonderful time at this house on my previous review.
The days I enjoy it was from Nov 1/16 through Nov 8/16. as mentioned before we are looking to come back this year. we love this place and the owners are great people.
* South of 'John's Island' in prestigious Indian River Shores Community. Pristine private beach where you are often the only people on the beach.
*Golf paradise with 15 golf courses in the vicinity!
* Central to Spring training camps of Cardinals, Mets, Astros, Nationals and others at our Sports Village
* Turtle nesting sites right on our beach
Central and convenient to all the best Vero Beach has to offer.
* Several world class birding preserves a short drive's distance
* Private dolphin and manatee sighting boat trip or fishing boat trips available nearby.
* Within 1 and 1/2 miles of Vero Beach's downtown, unique shopping, fine restaurants, farmer's market, marina, world class fishing, museums, theatre, golf and tennis, antiquing, biking trails and wildlife national park, airboat rides and more.
* 3 blocks to CVS drugstore and 5 blocks to the Village Beach Market.
* 5 miles from Vero Beach Sports Village, national Little League training center.
*horseback riding on the beach only 15 minutes away
* Eighty miles from Orlando with all its attractions, including Magic Kingdom, Universal Studios, Aquatica, Animal Kingdom , Epcot Center, Kennedy Space Center.
* Sixty miles from West Palm Beach and West Palm Beach International airport.
Six miles south of the Disney Vero Beach Resort, on same beach.
Other Activities: Gourmet and family dining, unique shops and boutiques, golf and tennis, unusual museums (Mel Fisher's Treasure Museum, The Navy Seal's Museum), The Museum of Art, airboat rides, surf casting (fishing), sky diving, boating, shelling, sea glass collecting, outlet mall shopping, antiquing, bowling, polo, water sports (skiing, kite surfing and wind surfing), surfing, hot air ballooning. Within minutes, explore famous Pelican Island, bike The Jungle Trail, love McGee Botanical Gardens or share the excitement of a submarine ride at Harbour Branch Oceanographic Institute.
Nearby Disney parks, Swim with Dolphins, Universal Studios, Kennedy Space Center,
Dog Park with swimming available nearby
Golf: Over 15 spectacular private and public golf courses in the county - a golfer's paradise!
local street festivals every 2 weeks, music and art festivals, Fellsmere's famous Frog festival and more
Other activities guests enjoy:
Walt Disney World
Kennedy Space Center
Boating and River/Captained Ocean Fishing/ boat rentals
Surfing and Surf Schools, kite surfing lessons
Kayak the Scenic Waterways of Florida
Sebastian Inlet State Park
McKee Botanical Garden
Vero Beach Museum of Art
Harbor Branch Oceanographic Institution
Archie Carr National Wildlife Refuge
McLarty Treasure Museum
Mel Fisher Treasure Museum
Laura Riding Jackson Home
Manatee Observation and Education Center
45 minutes to romantic and historic Bok Tower Gardens
Easy rental of anything you may need
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Summer of 2017
May 1 2017 - Jun 30 2017
7 night minimum stay
4 of July
Jul 1 2017 - Jul 8 2017
7 night minimum stay
Summer of 2017 2
Jul 9 2017 - Sep 2 2017
7 night minimum stay
Sep 3 2017 - Nov 16 2017
7 night minimum stay
|Notes: Rates are based on 8 guests; add $36 per night, per additional guest|
Christmas and New Year's
Dec 16 2017 - Jan 2 2018
7 night minimum stay
|Notes: Rates are based on 8 guests; add $35 per night, per additional guest|
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
|Utilities (per week)||$150|
|Refundable damage deposit||$250|
|Property Damage Protection||$59|
Thanksgiving week, Easter week and 4th of July week : add $500
Weekly rental payments are made as $1,000 initial payment (plus website fee) and balance 60 days prior to arrival.
Monthly rentals are paid in 3 installments, divided into: initial payment, second payment of 50% of the balance and final payment of balance. Last payment to be completed 2 months prior to arrival.
An additional damage security deposit of $250 is required which is separate from the vacation rental security deposit.
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.