Exquisite Mediterranean Style Heated Pool Beach Home. Perfect Family Vacation
The manager has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:7 nights
- Property type:House
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:Yes
* Architect's delight. Immaculate. Spacious, open floor plan, new house, full of light.
* Large, heated pool surrounded by shading palm and fruit trees and vegetation wall. Outdoor dining, sitting and barbecue grill, two outdoor hot water showers
* Entry courtyard with water fountain greets you and your visitors.
* Palm-enclosed natural gazebo, raised near entrance
* Beautiful garden with many exotic flowers and fruit bearing trees
* Great room with wood fireplace, perfect for romantic evenings or relaxing with family and friends. 3 Lazy chairs, kitchen island with bar stools, all in one great room.
* Master suite includes sitting and office areas, with own access to pool deck and to beach path and 'hiding lounge'
* Master bath is beautifully decorated with hand painted porcelain vessel sinks, marble, granite, and separate 2 person Jacuzzi and shower with glass enclosure.
* The common bath has double sinks and a sunken tub
* Formal dining room for eight can be opened to provide fresh air from the courtyard. Beautiful art and collection pieces. Fine china.
*Gourmet kitchen, state of the art appliances, granite counter tops with full splashes
* Yearly turtle nesting sites right on our beach.
* A golfer's paradise, with 15 beautiful golf courses within a 5-30 minute drive !
* The secluded beach and vast lagoon provide opportunities for surfing, snorkeling, boogie boarding, stand-up paddle boarding, kayaking, surf-casting, shelling and fantastic fishing! Catch Pompano, Whiting, Snook, Spanish Mackerel, Bluefish and more right at our beach, with equipment provided! Boating excursions, deep sea fishing, nearby airboat rides, great cafe's, music and entertainment within a mile.
* Riverside Theater, Museum of Art, fine and family restaurants, shopping, tennis and golf, unique boutiques, nearby McGee Botanical Gardens, Mel Fisher Museum of the Treasure Coast, Navy Seal's Museum
* Private Beach - endless white sandy beaches- crystal blue waters
* Snorkeling for tropical and local fish within a mile
* Numerous golf courses in area - a golfer's paradise
* Beach and lagoon for observation of local and migrating birds, dolphin and manatees
* Famous Pelican Island
* Well known Jungle Trail for biking and nature hiking
* Watch Skydivers' events and Canaveral rocket launches
* Visit unique Bok Tower Gardens and so much more
Enjoy unparalleled privacy, tranquility and safety.
Bring only your clothes, as we provide just about anything else you may need: from spices in the kitchen to beach chairs and umbrellas, pool floats, body boards, ocean kayaks, games and kites, surf fishing equipment, stand up paddle board, ping pong table and bicycles. Watch sea turtles, fly a kite, stroll the beach at sunset, relax like never before.
Come, experience paradise!
Read our 43 reviews, every one of them 5 stars. No one has given us a review below 5 stars and we strive to keep it that way! It is our pride and joy to have this.
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Learn more
phone calls about inquiries are welcome
Member since: 2008
- 3200 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Housekeeper Optional
- Private Chef
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Low Allergen Environment
- Children Welcome:
- Non Smoking Only:
Bedrooms: 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10, Beds for 8-10
- * The master suite includes sitting area with 2 person lounge chaise and an office area with desk and direct access to the pool area. . 3 of the 4 bedrooms are spacious enough to accommodate inflatable mattresses ( one full height automatic inflatable queen mattress provided if needed) or cots. You can also accommodate a rental crib . Please note that additional guests over a total of 8, incur an additional $250 per person, per stay...moreless
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
- * The master bath is beautifully decorated with imported, hand painted porcelain vessel type sinks, marble, granite, and separate 2 person Jacuzzi. Also has shower with glass enclosure. * The common full bath contains two sinks and sunken tub * Two new outdoor showers with hot water, one of them enclosed for privacy, with tall tropical palms overhead. (Perfect for after-the-beach rinsing)...moreless
- heated pool - additional charge as per exact meter reading of gas used Saline swimming pool (low chlorine - gentle on hair and skin) The best kind of pool available. Two outdoor, palm shaded, hot water showers , perfect for rinsing beach sand (one shower enclosed for privacy). Hammocks (poolside) for afternoon 'siestas' Ring toss game by pool...moreless
- Books For Adults
- Books For Kids
- CD Player
- DVD Player
- Games For Kids
- Music Library:
- Satellite / Cable
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Botanical Garden
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Live Theater
- Recreation Center
- Theme Parks
- Water Parks
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Eco Tourism
- Horseback Riding
- Miniature Golf
- Outlet Shopping
- Paddle Boating
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Whale Watching
- Wildlife Viewing
secluded, gorgeous and endless white sand beach without rocks. Clear blue water. Often beach is all yours with no one around!! lovely small coral reef and sunken ship to snorkel only 2 miles away ...moreless
Near The Ocean:
One house from the ocean!!! less than 100 feet directly from house to beach No streets to cross ! House sits immediately behind the ocean front home and has only the length of that home to the beac ...moreless
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Basketball Court
- Deepsea Fishing
- Equestrian Events
- Fly Fishing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Golf Privileges Optional
- Hot Air Ballooning
- Jet Skiing
- Pier Fishing
- Roller Blading
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Surf Fishing
- Water Skiing
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- Seating for 8 people
- Activities Guide
- Air Conditioning:
- Alarm Clock
- Basic Soaps
- Broadband Access
- Ceiling Fans
- Clothes Dryer
- Computer Available:
- Filtered Water
- Free Long Distance:
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Laundry Soap
- Linens Provided:
- Living Area
- Living Room:
- Local Activities Guide
- Local Maps
- Local Restaurant Guide
- Paper Towels
- Parking Off Street:
- Parking For RV/Boat/Trailer:
- Split-System Air Conditioning
- Toilet Paper
- Towels Provided:
- Washing Machine:
- Water Cooler
- Wireless Internet:
- Wood Fireplace
- Wood Stove
- 4 Ring Stove
- Catering Available:
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils:
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Ice Maker
- Lobster Pot
- Mini Refrigerator
- Beach Chairs
- Beach Towels
- Deck / Patio:
- Fully Fenced Property
- Kayak / Canoe:
- Lanai / Gazebo:
- Lawn / Garden:
- Outdoor Entertainment Area
- Outdoor Grill:
- Outdoor Grill Gas
Pool / Spa
- Indoor Hot Tub
- Outdoor Pool
- Private Pool:
- Jetted Tub:
- Housekeeper Optional
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Nov 19 - Apr 29, 2017
7 night min stay
Rates are based on 8 guests; add $36 per night, per additional guest
Summer of 2017
May 1 - Sep 1, 2017
7 night min stay
My Standard Rate
7 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
Fees and Rental Conditions:
- Pet Fee $250
- Property Damage Protection $59
- Refundable Damage Deposit $300
- Utilities (per week) $150
- Cleaning $250
- Tax Rate 11%
Holiday weeks (Christmas, New Years, Easter, 4th of July, Memorial Day and Thanksgiving) add $500.
An additional damage security deposit of $1,000 is required which is separate from the vacation rental security deposit.
Manager's cancellation policy:
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
* South of 'John's Island' in prestigious Indian River Shores Community. Pristine private beach where you are often the only people on the beach.
* Central to Spring training camps of Cardinals, Mets, Astros, Nationals and others at our Sports Village
* Turtle nesting sites right on our beach
Central and convenient to all the best Vero Beach has to offer.
* Several world class birding preserves a short drive's distance
* Private dolphin and manatee sighting boat trip or fishing boat trips available nearby.
* Within 1 and 1/2 miles of Vero Beach's downtown, unique shopping, fine restaurants, farmer's market, marina, world class fishing, museums, theatre, golf and tennis, antiquing, biking trails and wildlife national park, airboat rides and more.
* 3 blocks to CVS drugstore and 5 blocks to the Village Beach Market.
* 5 miles from Vero Beach Sports Village, national Little League training center.
*horseback riding on the beach only 15 minutes away
* Eighty miles from Orlando with all its attractions, including Magic Kingdom, Universal Studios, Aquatica, Animal Kingdom , Epcot Center, Kennedy Space Center.
* Sixty miles from West Palm Beach and West Palm Beach International airport.
Six miles south of the Disney Vero Beach Resort, on same beach.
Other Activities: Gourmet and family dining, unique shops and boutiques, golf and tennis, unusual museums (Mel Fisher's Treasure Museum, The Navy Seal's Museum), The Museum of Art, airboat rides, surf casting (fishing), sky diving, boating, shelling, sea glass collecting, outlet mall shopping, antiquing, bowling, polo, water sports (skiing, kite surfing and wind surfing), surfing, hot air ballooning. Within minutes, explore famous Pelican Island, bike The Jungle Trail, love McGee Botanical Gardens or share the excitement of a submarine ride at Harbour Branch Oceanographic Institute.
Nearby Disney parks, Swim with Dolphins, Universal Studios, Kennedy Space Center,
Dog Park with swimming available nearby
Golf: Over 15 spectacular private and public golf courses in the county - a golfer's paradise!
local street festivals every 2 weeks, music and art festivals, Fellsmere's famous Frog festival and more
Other activities guests enjoy:
Walt Disney World
Kennedy Space Center
Boating and River/Captained Ocean Fishing/ boat rentals
Surfing and Surf Schools, kite surfing lessons
Kayak the Scenic Waterways of Florida
Sebastian Inlet State Park
McKee Botanical Garden
Vero Beach Museum of Art
Harbor Branch Oceanographic Institution
Archie Carr National Wildlife Refuge
McLarty Treasure Museum
Mel Fisher Treasure Museum
Laura Riding Jackson Home
Manatee Observation and Education Center
45 minutes to romantic and historic Bok Tower Gardens
Easy rental of anything you may need
Year Purchased: 2004
About: I fell in love with Vero Beach in the 1990’s, when I brought my two young boys here from Fort Lauderdale to learn surfing. I liked Vero’s barrier island so much that I sold my medical practice and moved here. Now that the boys are grown up and on their own I love sharing the magic of my Surf Lane home with those who appreciate this very unique part of Florida as much as I. My early years were spent in an American-staffed International school, followed by medical school, in Colombia. Though my parents were of modest means they managed to make sure all six of us were at least bilingual by graduation. After Residency in the Panama Canal Zone U.S. Army Hospital I completed my Pediatrics training in Orlando, then practiced Pediatrics for the better part of two decades in south Florida. I take personal pride in hosting guests at Surf Lane, and enjoy doing everything I can to make their vacations memorably wonderful.
Why Vero Beach, FL, USA:
Vero Beach’s barrier island, between the placid Indian River lagoon (inter coastal waterway) and miles of fine sandy beaches on the Atlantic ocean, is very unlike most other parts of Florida – little traffic most of the year, tasteful and carefully planned commercial development (two story limit except for two grandfathered 9 story buildings), tranquil neighborhoods, and almost no souvenir or t-shirt shops. The beach a hundred steps from my Surf Lane home is near a lifeguard station where more than two dozen bathers may only happen during Spring Break.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
My Surf Lane vacation home is at the end of a cul-de-sac in a tranquil neighborhood, one home from the ocean. It is close enough to highway A1A to be convenient, but far enough to be quiet and peaceful. The location affords instant private beach access, yet is shielded from constant wind and sea spray, and rents at more economical rates than ocean front homes.
- Primary: +1 4079702168 phone calls about inquiries are welcome
Pool at twilight
Looking toward entry atrium fountain from vaulted ceiling Living Room
Front entry into Living Room, from Pool deck
Dining Room, with double-doored access to entry atrium
Master Bedroom Alcove with Chaise Luounge
Master Bath, with Jacuzzi and shower
Bedroom Number 3 with King Bed
Heated Swimming Pool
Poolside Day Bed
Entry from Surf Lane
Beach adjacent to Surf Lane Home
Mediterranean influenced entry courtyard
Kitchen, fully equipped with appliances and utensils
Master Bedroom, with doorway to Pool Deck
Master Bedroom and Alcove
Bedroom number 2
Bedroom number 4, with private double-doored access to entryway atrium
Pool from Deck
Pool side lounging by vegetation wall. Sip a drink at sunset and refresh.
Looking North from Surf Lane (Red Roof) Beach
Aerial showing Path to Beach from Surf Lane (Red Roof)
This listing was first published here in 2008.
Date last modified - Friday, December 02, 2016
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to manager
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.