6 Bedroom Sonoma Estate with Nursery, Tennis Court, and Pool **4th Night Free**(23 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
This owner doesn't offer online booking through VRBO's checkout. You won't be eligible for our Book with Confidence Guarantee.
Never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram. Learn more
- Minimum stay:2 nights
- Property type:Guest House
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:Yes
About the Property
House, 6 Bedrooms + Nursery (7th Br) (See Description), 5.5 Baths (Sleeps 14)
Common Areas: The home features a 40 foot entrance gallery leading to the great room with its 17 foot ceilings and massive stone fireplace. On either side of the great room is the formal dining room and the den with stone fireplace. A large chef's kitchen compliments the morning breakfast room with stone fireplace and overlooks the pool, tennis court and valley views to the east. Through the adjacent billiard room you enter the family room with baby grand piano and 50' flat screen television. The artwork is historic and thought-provoking...cupids and kings, horses and cavaliers, Chinese figurines, allegories, myth and legend.
The Spa Feeling... the 7 Bedrooms & Bathrooms: While the home's interior common areas resemble a country manor or lodge the bedrooms and bathrooms are very modern and feel like a spa. Each of the 7 bedrooms are color coordinated in soft light and dark taupes and have resort quality organic linens, waffles-robes, towels and duvets from Coyuchi. All bedrooms come with custom walnut shelving, flat screen televisions with built-in DVD players, and iPod compatible clock amplifiers. Each of the bathrooms are encased in seagreen limestone and installed with European Lacava counter-top sinks, custom teak shelving and hardware from the Purist Collection. And though our other bathrooms have porcelain soaking tubs, the master bathroom suite is a special and private spa experience with a 'Tea For Two' jetted tub, double headed stall shower, and separate his and her unpacking and dressing areas. Very romantic.
Figs, Family & Friends: The home is big, and at the same time inviting and cozy. The many wood burning stone fireplaces, easy chairs and sofas provide ample opportunity for social settings and peaceful areas to find some time alone. Sobre Vista has many personalities just as the outdoors call for laying out on the lawns, picking figs, plums, apples, blood-oranges, white grapefruit, lemons and peaches or reading around the pool, playing tennis or volleyball and later a family game of croquet or horseshoes. You won't be bored. You and your family and friends will truly enjoy the seamless pleasures of our Sobre Vista Estate. From relaxation and recreation to dining, reading, thinking and just being...your time here will be memorable...a peaceful and entertaining home away from home.
Before making a payment, always call the owner at the number listed on our website to make sure your payment instructions are accurate.
Never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram.Learn more
Member since: 2008
- 6500 sq. ft.
- Max. occupancy 14
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Considered
- Guest House
- Guest House
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Wheelchair Accessible
Bedrooms: 7 Bedrooms, Sleeps 14
- * King Bed: The master suite has a California king. * Queen Bed (5) : There are queen size beds in five of the bedrooms. * Twin/Single Bed (2) : There are two twin beds in the nursery. * Child Bed: The home is very large and can sleep more than fourteen within the bedrooms only. Let us know... * Convertible Bed (4) : There are four futon bedrolls that are extra thick and very cozy. Bedding and pillows too. Linens Provided: Organic linens by Coyuchi, resort quality...towels, sheets, duvets. Each bedroom is stocked with two waffle robes, and two sets of three towels and wash cloths. Per the Sonoma County Vacation Home Rental Ordinance: The estate overnight maximum occupancy is limited to 14, children under three do not count. The day and evening maximum onsite occupancy is 20, children under three do not count....moreless
Bathrooms: 6 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
- The estate home was built originally as a formal 7 bedroom property with a main residence wing and a guest wing. Today. out permit to allow for vacation rentals has limited us to 6 bedrooms, however, children under three do not count to the overnight maximum occupancy of 14. So, our 7th bedroom with twin beds and 26' flat screen television with DVD player, as in all the bedrooms, is currently available as our new nursery....moreless
- The family room is the primary viewing area with the 50' flat screen, and each bedroom has its own 26' flat screen they are equipped with DVD players to play movies or special features of your own choosing. Music Library: We don't have a music library, so many of us travel with one in our Ipods. So, each bedroom is equipped with an Ipod clock stereo for your private listening pleasure. Fully stocked chef's kitchen: double dishwashers, sub-zero, pancake griddle, indoor commercial grade barbecue grill, and additional commercial cooktop, range, oven and microwave. There are toasters, blenders, two coffee makers, and an espresso maker. ...moreless
- Games For Kids
- Music Library:
- Ping Pong Table
- Pool Table
Satellite / Cable:
(8) We know...the last thing you want to think about is eight TV's blaring, especially with the great outdoors calling. The family room is the primary viewing area with the 50' flat screen, and each bedroom has its own 26' flat screen they are equipped with DVD players to play movies or special features of your own choosing....moreless
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Live Theater
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Horseback Riding
- Sight Seeing
- Mountain View:
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Basketball Court
- Mountain Biking
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Room
- Seating for 20 people
- Alarm Clock
- Ceiling Fans
- Clothes Dryer
- Laundry Soap
- Linens Provided:
- Parking Off Street:
- Parking For RV/Boat/Trailer:
- Security System
- Toilet Paper
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine:
- Wireless Internet:
- Wood Fireplace:
- 4 Ring Stove
- Catering Available:
- Coffee Grinder
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils:
- Ice Maker
Fully stocked chef's kitchen: double dishwashers, sub-zero, pancake griddle, indoor commercial grade barbecue grill, and additional commercial cooktop, range, oven and microwave. There are toasters, blenders, two coffee makers, and an espresso maker....moreless
- Beach Chairs
- Beach Towels
- Deck / Patio:
- Gated Community
- Lawn / Garden
- Outdoor Grill
- Outdoor Grill Gas
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
2 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Refundable Damage Deposit $1,500
- Cleaning $450 + tax
- Tax Rate 9%
Book early to ensure your preferred dates and enjoy our estate..you will love, I promise.
$1350 per day from January through April 2014. 4TH NIGHT FREE!
May-December Saturday and Sunday rates $1950 per day.
Book additional days from $1,350.00 per day [TOT Cert No. 662N]
See more pictures at our website. WWW.SOBREVISTARESORT.COM
Families, Dinners and Barbecue, Enjoy the Holidays and Great Weather
The nightly rental rate is $1,350 Sunday - Thursday; $1,950 on Fridays and Saturdays. 4th night is always free throughout the year.
Payment is processed by check or via Paypal, and the first payment is due at booking agreement signing. If payment is processed via Paypal, any Paypal processing fees will be deducted from the security deposit refund.
Owner's cancellation policy:
50% refund for cancellations more than 7 days before check-in date.
100% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Sonoma, Sonoma County, Wine Country, California, USA (Near Sonoma Town Square: Wine Tasting, Golf, Hiking, Biking) -- The property is 'gated' at the entry to provide maximum privacy, security and safety at all times. Sonoma generally, and Sobre Vista especially, are very safe environments...still the gates are nice. Mountain View: Beautiful sunrises over the eastern hills rimming the Valley of the Moon can be seen from most of the property. At night, the skyscape explodes with stars and constellations. Our estate is part of the 3000 acre 1898 Speckles Estate. The original main residence compound is just 14 acres and provides wonderful walks among mature trees along with some interesting history. Charley Chaplin and Ronald Reagan played on our tennis court...just as the Speckles Estate itself was once called 'The San Simeon of the North.'
Other Activities: shopping, basketball court, health/beauty spa, horseshoes
About the owner: The proprietor of the Sobre Vista Resort is San Francisco Real Estate Developer Scott L Robertson. Scott is also the owner and developer of The Regency Center--the largest privately owned Special Events and Concert faciltity in the Bay Area. His daughter, Olivia (pictured), manages the estate.
Why the Owner Chose Sonoma, CA, USA:
After searching nearly 20 years the property at Sobre Vista became available. The rest was easy...this niche neighborhood is above and beyond compare to almost any other location in Sonoma County...The Valley of the Moon.
- Primary: (415) 902-6895 (California, USA) (California, USA)
Links to more information:
Welcome to the Sobre Vista Estate...a park, a spa, a place to play, and relax.
The Great Room fireplace is 17 feet high and almost as wide. The sofas velvet.
The great room opposite the fireplace, dining to the right, den to the left.
The chef's kitchen, dining room straight ahead, breakfast room off to the left.
This is bedroom #5 and is similar to the 4 additional queen size bedrooms.
The master bath...too much to see in its entirety...great lighting, and romantic
The billard room is between the breakfast room and the media room.
A really fabulous Thomas Church designed pool and diving board.
Regulation sized Volleyball Court on a raised 3 foot high grass pad.
Around the home are patios and fruit trees, lemon, fig, grapefruit, peaches too.
A fig tree on the left and a reading bench overlooking expansive lawns.
There are two hammocks, a 10 person jacuzzi nearby and plenty more.
From the top: the home, tennis court, pool and barn--grass volleyball at bottom.
The coffee table is an ancient Chinese bed. This Westie is Missy.
The den shares a private deck with the master suite two steps up on the right.
The master suite, spa behind door, club chairs, decks and rose garden not shown.
This is bedroom #4, two twin beds with colors coordinated in themed taupes.
The breakfast room overlooks the pool and tennis court, great morning sun.
The family room snuggles between a couple of bedrooms and the billard room.
Great views across the Valley of the Moon.
The front entry courtyard. Massive stones under the sycamores.
A very large mid-century estate home with cozy nooks and crannies everywhere.
The kitchen straight ahead opens onto a spacious deck and outdoor barbecue.
This listing was first published here in 2008.
Date last modified - Wednesday, March 22, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Send a Message
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.