Merritt in Middle: Oceanview: Fall 2016 Thru Summer 2017--See Photos & Reviews!
The owner has been emailed.
This owner doesn't offer online booking through VRBO's checkout. You won't be eligible for our Book with Confidence Guarantee.
Never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram. Learn more
- Minimum stay:3-7 nights
- Property type:House
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:N/A
MAJOR "REFRESHING" w/SIGNIFICANT UPGRADES 2016
Tired of arriving at your vacation destination only to find:
• towels are missing and you just stepped out of the shower?
• the springs in the chair sink to the ground and you were hoping for a cozy read?
• the hot water is cold and you’re covered with sand and shells?
• the Freon has drained dry in the air conditioning unit and it’s 99+ and sunny outside?
• the kitchen equipment you took camping exceeded what you find in the cabinets?
• the promised transportation doesn’t work and your feet are tired?
Merritt in the Middle, our “home away from home” offers:
• Freedom from the “oh, no” of disappointments mentioned above
• A cheerful, well maintained, well equipped ocean view cottage for families/friends looking for a quiet, relaxing, care-free vacation rental.
• Ocean views of South Beach off the front porch and the peaceful warmth of the maritime forest as a backyard
• Hardwood floors, freshly painted walls, colorful art work, dinnerware, games, books, and more…..
• Main home with inverted floor plan: LOWER with 2 bedrooms (master with Queen and TV, large bathroom including tub-shower, 2 sinks, and private screened porch; 2nd bedroom with 2 twins, queen sofa-couch, bath, TV), washer-dryer; UPPER with living/dining and kitchen, half bath, and comfortable front deck-porch with chairs and gorgeous views
• Porta-crib and high chair for your little one.
• Kitchen well equipped with spices, hot pot holders, pizza pan, cook books and other items to enjoy during your stay.
• 6 person golf cart with year-round maintenance agreement
* Two cruiser bikes for PAVED road use ONLY, 'as is' condition
• Experienced housekeeping whose goal it is to help us insure that your rental is of gold standard quality
• South Beach just a 3 minute walk across the street, East Beach or the Maritime Market or BHI Club with access to golf, tennis and swimming pool each just a 5 minute golf cart ride
• 14 miles of running on the beach, roads for biking beneath trees in the forest or along the coast
• Temporary membership available if you wish to purchase for Bald Head Island Club (options for golf, exercise facilities, tennis, croquet, restaurant) OR Shoal's Club (ocean side pool, restaurants!). BHI high $210week and Shoal's $180.
SAVE big w/ monthly rental $3000/mo mid Sept-mid May (excluding Easter weeks)!!!!
Before making a payment, always call the owner at the number listed on our website to make sure your payment instructions are accurate.
Never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram.Learn more
Member since: 2008
- Vacation Rental
- Children Welcome:
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 5, Beds for 5
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
- DVD Player
- Wildlife Viewing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Air Conditioning
- Clothes Dryer
- Linens Provided:
- Washing Machine
- Catering Available
- Cooking Utensils
- Ice Maker
Pool / Spa
Temporary membership at EITHER BHI Club OR Shoal's Club INCLUDED with SEVEN night rental during HIGH SEASON; option to purchase temporary membership at 2nd club available; Temporary club membership available to purchase for all rentals of LESS than 7 ngt rental during High season and all rentals during value and winter seasons...moreless
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Sep 17 - May 5, 2017
3 night min stay
May 6 - Jun 9, 2017
3 night min stay
Jun 10 - Aug 18, 2017
7 night min stay
My Standard Rate
7 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- departure clean $160 + tax
- Refundable Damage Deposit $350
- Tax Rate 12.75%
Contracts AND Payment/Security Refund managed by privately hired accountant. NO associated FEES. TEMPORARY CLUB membership is available for guest to purchase if interested. BHI Club high/low season $210/$105 and Shoal's Club 2016 $180 (both membership fees included all in home).
Minimum age to rent 25 years
HIGH SEASON RENTAL = SATURDAY to SATURDAY, arrival and departure; Departure clean $135.00
MONTHLY rental available Oct 2014 to April 2015
Encourage vacation insurance (google or www.globaltravelshield.com)
Owner's cancellation policy:
Policy available by contacting owner when booking
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
The property's calendar has not been updated in over a month. You can contact the owner for availability or look for properties with confirmed availability
Two cruiser bikes for paved roads ONLY provided in 'as is' condition, Please bring helmets!
14 miles of ocean front jogging, surf fishing, trails through maritime forest, bike rental available and more
Bicycle/helmet Rental, Golf Cart Rental, Surf Board Rental, Kayak Rental, Beach Chair/Umbrella Rental all available Call 910-457-6844 or 910-457-4944.
OCEAN VIEW, centrally located "near" maritime market, beach, Conservancy Museum
Old Baldy welcoming all to the magic of the Island~~~
Comfy living area w/2 couches, chair, TV and views!
Newly remodeled kitchen w/new appliances, granite counter tops, & game table
Open the door, listen to waves, soak in warm sun, sip morning coffee/tea...
Sip a beverage, enjoy solitude, chat with those you love.....celebrate the sea!
secure gate at top of 2nd floor stairway helps protect little people & parents!
Walk downstairs to Master BR & Bath.....walk out to screened deck, enjoy hammock
newly remodeled 2016, bright, clean, functional
two of thousands......remember the binoculars and bird guide!
Patriot of BHI Fleet: thanks for visiting, sharing memories, returning when able
The Glories of Old Baldy....bidding farewell until it is time to return!
BHI Transportation www.baldheadislandferry.com or 910-457-5003
Bright & cheery living, dining, kitchen on upper level~~
Lots of windows offer access to the sights of ocean & maritime forest~~
Cook, dine, read & relax with a "view" to relax on outside deck.......
Watch dolphin, feel the breeze, greet friends & enjoy water, sunsets & BHI time!
Smell the night air, pull out the binoculars, search for Orion & the Big Dipper!
Foyer at base of stairs leading to master BR, 2nd BR, washer-dryer area
Master BR from adjacent screened deck...bath to left foyer, 2nd BR to right~~
Space for sleeping & playing, 2nd bath & windows w/view of maritime forest.
Village Chapel Of Bald Head: Baldheadislandchapel.org
ROYGBIV~~colors of a BHI sunset~~
This listing was first published here in 2008.
Date last modified - Wednesday, November 30, 2016
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Request to book
Contact the owner or see rate notes on this listing for additional information and fees